PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Currency

Lucy
14-Mar-06, 08:57
Just wanted to recommend to everyone that you shop around for all your holiday money. I have been lucky enough to have been in Prague recently and going to Spain in August. I bought Koruns for going to Prague from my local P.O. and got about 38 for each £1 [mad] . In Prague i could have got up to 42 for each £1(if i had english money but they will not take Scottish). I even used my Switch card at a local ATM and got 40 for each £1. Next time i'll just take either Engish money or use my bank card. With holiday season comming up in a few months it can pay to shop around. It may just be a difference of a few pence but it can make a big difference to your holiday spending.

unicorn
14-Mar-06, 09:25
I always take english and exchange abroad I always get a better deal that way.

Lucy
14-Mar-06, 14:13
I always take english and exchange abroad I always get a better deal that way.

I think i'll be doing the same from now on. My sister bought South African Rand recently on the internet and said it was a good deal but i think its a bit of a risk sending money by mail. Not sure what she would have done if her foreing money went missing in the post.

stekar
16-Mar-06, 21:19
Remember the exchange rate varies daily.

Also, the PO don't charge commission, but I bet you would have been charged whilst on holiday.

unicorn
16-Mar-06, 21:58
I have never been charged commission abroad and always get a far better deal.. maybe I am just lucky but I certainly get a better deal abroad.