PDA

View Full Version : scottie dog (black)

miller30
15-Jun-09, 22:40
hi have been trawling the internet does anyone know where i can find somewhere is scotland that breds these dogs, me and my family are desperate for one, does anyone know anyone who may breed they locally.

if anyone could give me any info on these dogs mabye you own one, are they a good family pet? I know that a dog is as only as good as the owners have trained them, but we would be willing to put in the time and effort.

thanks if anyone can give me any info.

balto
15-Jun-09, 22:54
sorry cant help out with info, but just want to say what lovely family pets they make we had one when i lived at home, he was called hamish, he was such alovely dog.

miller30
16-Jun-09, 10:55
what a lovely name for a scottie, i would love a male one called MAC, origianl i know.

will keep looking!!!

Shabbychic
16-Jun-09, 12:07
This is a list of breeders (http://www.champdogs.co.uk/guided/all_scottish-terrier_breeders.html) for Scottish Terriers and a couple are from Scotland. Hope this helps.:)

miller30
16-Jun-09, 22:21
thanks for that shabbychic,

i am now please to tell everyone that i am going to be the proud owner of a scottie dog, pick him up on sat, so cant wait.

now the fun begins, any tips on coping with a puppy!!!

Shabbychic
16-Jun-09, 23:47
That's great news. Bet you can't wait. Hope you will have the camera handy so we can all see pictures of wee "Mac". :)

floyed
17-Jun-09, 08:03
thanks for that shabbychic,

i am now please to tell everyone that i am going to be the proud owner of a scottie dog, pick him up on sat, so cant wait.

now the fun begins, any tips on coping with a puppy!!!

Hide everything lol:lol:

miller30
17-Jun-09, 09:41
thanks for that floyd,

surely it wont be that bad!!!!

i am so excited i cant wait till sat,

bumkin
17-Jun-09, 16:49
Totally chuff'd to hear that yer gettin a Scottie!!! Know EXACTLY what you mean about how difficult it is getting one as we had the same problem last year! We got our Scottie dog (Brodie, well... according to the bairns Brodie Broostar!!!) from Aberdeen last August and he's a real star! Would have another one in a flash, although they are quite famous for taking a long time to house train, ours was 4 months!!!! But luve him to bits!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!

PS Where did u get him from? :D

ClachanHope
17-Jun-09, 23:36
There's an American guy who lives up in Altiphurst, Strathy who breeds them too.
Good idea to get a dog cage for the pup, then if you have to leave him alone in house nothing will get chewed, and he has his own bed to go to.

Robertson
19-Jun-09, 23:50
phone the thurso vets they know a man up near kirtomy who breeds them

Liz
20-Jun-09, 12:49
Good idea to get a dog cage for the pup, then if you have to leave him alone in house nothing will get chewed, and he has his own bed to go to.

I would highly recommend a dog cage as well.Benjy has had one since he was a puppy and he loves it!

When do you get your puppy today?:D

bumkin
23-Jun-09, 15:00
This is a photo of Brodie at the Canisbay Show last weekend, he won Champion dog!!! Totally didn't expect that but chuff'd to bits!!!! :D

BINBOB
23-Jun-09, 19:03
This is a photo of Brodie at the Canisbay Show last weekend, he won Champion dog!!! Totally didn't expect that but chuff'd to bits!!!! :D

congratulations,brodie...well done.;)

bumkin
23-Jun-09, 22:56
Thank you! :D

Liz
24-Jun-09, 12:44
Aw what a lovely wee fellow Brodie is.:D

Congratulations on winning Champion Dog.

bumkin
29-Jun-09, 18:17
Thank u Liz :D

miller30
04-Jul-09, 10:57
aww brodie looks great, its funny to think my wee mac will get to that size sooner that we think!!!