PDA

View Full Version : Feral children?

Vistravi
14-Jun-09, 18:44
Was just looking at the tv mag and reading about a programme that is on thursday about a man who was raised by chickens.

This man is another case of feral children. Feral children show us just how much learning and language not to mention social skills we learn and take for granted as our children having. They also show when the age and time we learn langauge.

The story of the Genie who was kept in a cage tied to a potty and was given no human interaction at all is another one that shows us the way and what age you can't learn language skills is. she was found when she was 13/14 years old and removed from the house. Despite her age she was the height of a 7 year old(due to the cage) and had the brain size of a three year old.
A team of scientists doing research into language was assigned to her and through them the girl learnt how to show affection and how to speak. she learnt words but as her brain missed the crucial age in which we learn grammer and language skills she could not put a sentence together.

There was another case of a boy being raised by dogs for almost three years due to alcholic mother abandoing him and his sister. sister was taken in by neighbours but boy though 3 was left to fend for himself.(different country different culture, i think its still wrong to do take one and not the other when you never know what would've happened to him) so he turned to the local stray dogs. he was discovered at the age of 5/6 and has learnt alot more than Genie did due to being younger and spending less time in the company of the dogs. He has grasped a bit more about sentences and grammer but his skills are those of a 2/3 year old at 6 years old.

What do you orgers think?

katarina
14-Jun-09, 18:47
the girl you spoke about was eventually returned to the mother who had abused her - un believable!

Vistravi
14-Jun-09, 18:51
here is a link for anyone who is interested.

http://www.feralchildren.com/en/index.php

Stefan
14-Jun-09, 19:00
the girl you spoke about was eventually returned to the mother who had abused her - un believable!

Happens all the time. Children are taken into care and later send back to their parents.
Or they are allowed unsupervised contact, even if it's only over the phone, with the very people who physically and/or emotionally abused them.

Outrageous.

I don't know where this stupid idea has come from that it is always best for a child to be with the birth parents. Untrue for many many children, not just some of the children in care.

DeHaviLand
14-Jun-09, 19:12
Was just looking at the tv mag and reading about a programme that is on thursday about a man who was raised by chickens.

This man is another case of feral children. Feral children show us just how much learning and language not to mention social skills we learn and take for granted as our children having. They also show when the age and time we learn langauge.

The story of the Genie who was kept in a cage tied to a potty and was given no human interaction at all is another one that shows us the way and what age you can't learn language skills is. she was found when she was 13/14 years old and removed from the house. Despite her age she was the height of a 7 year old(due to the cage) and had the brain size of a three year old.
A team of scientists doing research into language was assigned to her and through them the girl learnt how to show affection and how to speak. she learnt words but as her brain missed the crucial age in which we learn grammer and language skills she could not put a sentence together.

There was another case of a boy being raised by dogs for almost three years due to alcholic mother abandoing him and his sister. sister was taken in by neighbours but boy though 3 was left to fend for himself.(different country different culture, i think its still wrong to do take one and not the other when you never know what would've happened to him) so he turned to the local stray dogs. he was discovered at the age of 5/6 and has learnt alot more than Genie did due to being younger and spending less time in the company of the dogs. He has grasped a bit more about sentences and grammer but his skills are those of a 2/3 year old at 6 years old.

What do you orgers think?

This might have been interesting if it had been written in English!

Stefan
14-Jun-09, 19:19

You must mistake English with another language !
Nothing wrong with the post. All in English. Well, it wasn't German, I would have noticed ;-)

Vistravi
14-Jun-09, 19:24

I know its ridiculous and almost head banging as to how goverments allow kids to be abused. No one is learning[evil]. But this is for another thread;)

Vistravi
14-Jun-09, 19:37

English is the only langauge i can write;). I can recongise written french and japanese words and know what they mean. Maybe your'e settings are messed up.

skinnydog
14-Jun-09, 20:16
Your article refers to the true meaning of feral children - such a pity that this happens in this day and age but it does.

The other "feral" children are those ones that roam towns and cities all over the UK terrorising neighbourhoods with their outrageous behaviour.

Vistravi
14-Jun-09, 22:23
Your article refers to the true meaning of feral children - such a pity that this happens in this day and age but it does.

The other "feral" children are those ones that roam towns and cities all over the UK terrorising neighbourhoods with their outrageous behaviour.

Its only seems outrageous to us. to them its normal as its from the animals they've learnt it.

catran
14-Jun-09, 22:48
Never mind the ferral children, in Wick I have heard a little boy, probably three year old using choice language and he does not come from what is now considred a poor background, so there is no knowing is there? I would imagine it is everyday language in his home therefore quite sad. It is probably a sign of the times. Sad.

Twiggy
14-Jun-09, 23:02
Get a life==you are lucky you have so little in your life to complain about:roll:

Vistravi
15-Jun-09, 00:12
Never mind the ferral children, in Wick I have heard a little boy, probably three year old using choice language and he does not come from what is now considred a poor background, so there is no knowing is there? I would imagine it is everyday language in his home therefore quite sad. It is probably a sign of the times. Sad.

Catran there are so many kids using choice words. its through the parents swearing in front of them that does it and of course hearing it from other kids. Simply making it clear to them by the parents that it is unacceptable to use those words would make them stop or think about when they choose to use them.