PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Sunday

Fluff
14-Jun-09, 17:20
So, how has everyone's Sunday been today? Was the weather good where you are?
What do you like to do with your Sunday, Church? Family day? Torture the poor folk who had to work today?

I had a great day. Today is the last of my week off work and the weather here has been glorious, 20 degrees plus. I have spent the whole afternoon witting in my papasan chair, in the sun, reading my book. I now have dinner on and am waiting for the OH to come home.

wifie
14-Jun-09, 17:25
I have had a lovely lazy Sunday - I like to have Sunday as a day of rest. I have just ambled my day away doin what I fancied. :) Oh and I managed one good deed so am feeling happy.

Vistravi
14-Jun-09, 17:37
I have had a very lazy sunday. Done nothing.
Been working non stop at the nursery and in the pub so had very little sleep this week. Sleep deprivation over the week has made my ecsema(sp) quite bad.
So today had a long sleep and feeling much better for it.

Stack Rock
14-Jun-09, 17:54
All the best weather appears to be over the ord. The whole weekend here in Wick has be very cold, windy and quite wet - abysmal. Like the 'back end'. Hope summer's not over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not good for outdoor activities.
PS - Daughter was in Torridon and got sunburnt.

starry
14-Jun-09, 17:55
I mowed the grass which I hate doing, I also managed at long last to get the strimmer working.

Usual tidying up and house stuff along with some rubbish tv.

I would love to spend a whole Sunday doing just nothing but there is always always something to catch up on.

A cleaner and a gardener to get it done and then I could just keep on top of it would be Heaven.

ShelleyCowie
14-Jun-09, 18:08
Was up early, got kids breakfast sorted. Fed Athrun. Watched old baby videos to show my OH's kids! Took some new updated video of all kids.

Kids made some model aeroplanes and played all afternoon. Fed athrun again. cleaned up the house.

Made dinner. Now just off to do dishes. :D

Never a lazy day in this house! But i do like sundays!

Dadie
14-Jun-09, 18:20
We had a party!
With sausage rolls, cake, sandwiches etc...pass the parcel, bouncy castle and a ball pit!

Indoors and at home as the weather was bad!

Last year Lauren had hailstones on her birthday. This year it was raining:eek:

Margaret M.
14-Jun-09, 18:44
I'm having a great weekend......beautiful weather. I went to the Silver Thistle Ball last night, bagpipes, fiddles, good food and great dancing, a super night. I met family this morning for brunch and we ate outdoors at a restaurant by a lake. The kids fed the geese and ducks and watched the sailboats.

Bazeye
14-Jun-09, 19:06
A 10 mile cycle ride with my son today. The route was meticuously planned taking in 3 pubs on the way.:)

Stefan
14-Jun-09, 19:11
Great weather here, but couldn't enjoy it much as I am packing to move to Caithness... managed to squeeze a midge and wind free BBQ in though, might be the last one for some decades ;-)

joxville
14-Jun-09, 19:35
Had a relatively lazy morning then in afternoon went for walk on the Kennet & Avon canal.

alex
14-Jun-09, 20:04
I continued my long term side project of working out patterns in randomness using maths I don't understand and trying to code it in Visual Basic and discovered another blind alley.

Did some back research work on the web regarding African development and conservation, discovered several blind alleys.

Spent a few minutes contemplating the idea of fish and chips and realised it was Sunday so another blind alley.

I think I'll call it Blind Sunday :roll:

aldis
14-Jun-09, 20:15
It is a lovely here in Winnipeg. Sunny and about 30 degrees. It the first nice day we've had this season. The weather had been so unseasonable cold that the perennials in the garden were about six weeks behind.
Husband and I went to Church and then to the Sunday buffet at a local hotel. I only wish I'd spotted the trifle before I filled up on broccoli and ham. lol
I do feel empathy for those who have to work on a Sunday. I'm retired now after 28 years on the night shift at a hospital. I worked many a Sunday in my day (and holidays).
Now that I'm retired, whenever I get the urge to work, I lie down until the urge passes.

lynne duncan
14-Jun-09, 21:05
took my daughter and son to alness, left hubby and oldest daughter at home as they were going to my folkes to help there, dropped son off in alness and picked up my pal and her daughter. went to dingwall and sat and watched my daughter take part in a cheerleading competition. it was a lovely comp and the kids put in so much effort.
well done to them all, really enjoyed our entries fromthe majorettes teams and the wick high school team.
then back to alness for a blether and trundled back up the road and into the lamirage takeout for chips and very nice it was too!
then home to catch up wih the org quiz

Invisible
14-Jun-09, 21:59
A 10 mile cycle ride with my son today. The route was meticuously planned taking in 3 pubs on the way.:)

sounds like fun!

Today woke up at 8.30 due to the phone ringing, Then watched some tv, went a trip to see cousins and grandparents.
Went a walk, played some Guitar watched e football, then topped it all by watching DUUUUUUUUUUE SOUUUUUTH! *best mountie based program the 90s had to offer*

wifie
14-Jun-09, 22:25
Oh I used to love that prog Invis!!! :D

forevera123
15-Jun-09, 13:12
woke up by phone ringing about sunday lunch time, back to catch up sleep untill 5pm,then tv, breakfast, lunch,dinner all at the same time:)

forevera123
15-Jun-09, 13:16
guessed 10miles cycling with being in 3 pubs, it took much less to do the 10miles cyclying

percy toboggan
15-Jun-09, 13:51
Lovely weather down here.
Took a four mile stroll along the Macclesfield Canal with my Grandaughter.
I am a new found fan of the canal network around here...it is utterly enchanting at best and grittily reminiscent of our industrial heritage at worst.

toboggan

Tom Cornwall
15-Jun-09, 19:29
absolute scorchio..we visited some 'Open Gardens' locally..and had a very nice day..walked for miles..(nothing to a man with my stamina):)

Bazeye
15-Jun-09, 20:22
guessed 10miles cycling with being in 3 pubs, it took much less to do the 10miles cyclying

I didnt hang about.

balto
15-Jun-09, 22:52
We had a party!
With sausage rolls, cake, sandwiches etc...pass the parcel, bouncy castle and a ball pit!

Indoors and at home as the weather was bad!

Last year Lauren had hailstones on her birthday. This year it was raining:eek:
big improvwmwnt lol, next year it will just be cloudy.