PDA

View Full Version : Help

shazzap
14-Jun-09, 13:09
My daughter joined the org on the 9th June.

She can log in but when she tries to participate in anything she gets the message,

you are not allowed to.

Is this an error as i thought if she had a log in name she would be able to post threads and reply to them.

I have contacted the mods and so has she but we are still waiting a reply.
Is there something wrong with the private messaging, as i remember someone else having problems with it. :)

Tighsonas4
14-Jun-09, 19:21
have no idea on this but someone was on here short ago with the same sort of problem tony

Rheghead
14-Jun-09, 19:22
Did she reply to the link on the email to activate her account even though she can login?

kmahon2001
14-Jun-09, 19:26
My daughter joined the org on the 9th June.

She can log in but when she tries to participate in anything she gets the message,

you are not allowed to.

Is this an error as i thought if she had a log in name she would be able to post threads and reply to them.

I have contacted the mods and so has she but we are still waiting a reply.
Is there something wrong with the private messaging, as i remember someone else having problems with it. :)

Has she activated her membership. She should have got an email from the moderators shortly after registering and she would need to click the link contained in that email. Once done, she would then get another email saying her account has been validated and then she should be able to participate.

If she has done all this, then I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to why she's having the problem.

shazzap
14-Jun-09, 20:09
Did she reply to the link on the email to activate her account even though she can login?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes she did click on the link.

[quote=kmahon2001;561228]Has she activated her membership. She should have got an email from the moderators shortly after registering and she would need to click the link contained in that email. Once done, she would then get another email saying her account has been validated and then she should be able to participate.

The first email had two links she clicked on them both.
No other email was sent, should she have had two?

shazzap
14-Jun-09, 20:50
Are the mods on the org all the time.
If any are on now can they please see into this please.

kmahon2001
14-Jun-09, 22:07
The first email had two links she clicked on them both.
No other email was sent, should she have had two?

Yes she should have had a second email confirming that the account had been validated.

The first email had a link to click to activate the account automatically. Alternatively, if this didn't work there was information on how she could enter her details manually: -

In the second half of the email, under

"**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****"

there should be her username and her activation ID (massive long line of numbers and letters).

If you can find that information in the email, then either click this link http://forum.caithness.org/register.php?a=ver or type the address into the browser address bar. This will take her to the relevant page and she can type the info in.

She will only need the long activation ID for this particular operation. She doesn't need to memorise it or anything.

Once she's entered the details, she should then get a second email confirming validation of her account.

Forgive me if I'm detailing a process you have already carried out. As I said, if you've done all this then something has definitely gone wrong and I hope the moderators will be able to sort it out. :)

shazzap
14-Jun-09, 22:13
All the above that has been suggested has been done.
I have now notified admin.

Thanks all for your replies. :)