PDA

View Full Version : Shower

Liz
13-Jun-09, 23:28
I need to get a new shower but not sure does it matter how many kw it has?

The one I have is 7.5w.:D Also, who could I get to install this?

Stefan
14-Jun-09, 11:23
The more kw it has the electricity it uses. 7.5kw = 7500 Watts. The more watts the faster and hotter the water gets which means: the higher the wattage the more pressure you can have with hotter water.
But in all fairness 7.5kw is plenty although you can get 8,9 and even 10kw ones.
If I had to replace a shower I would always try and find a more energy saving model, but that's just me. I am happy to save energy over comfort.

Liz
14-Jun-09, 13:09
Thanks Stefan.:D

Macwull
14-Jun-09, 15:43
Also remember the higher the Kw the bigger cable required. These days all showers are wired in 10mm cable but previously they have been wired in 6mm, sometimes 4mm.

A 7.5kw shower was probably wired in 6mm.

annemarie482
19-Jun-09, 10:53
something that hasn't been mentioned is that the higher th kw the better the pressure. i wouldn't have anything under a 9.5kw as recommended by my electrician, after all he said you wouldn't want to wash in a trickle of water!! would hate you to be disappointed. just an opinion tho.

Liz
19-Jun-09, 12:48
Also remember the higher the Kw the bigger cable required. These days all showers are wired in 10mm cable but previously they have been wired in 6mm, sometimes 4mm.

A 7.5kw shower was probably wired in 6mm.

Thanks a lot for the advice. The shower I have just bought is 9.5w and it replaces a 7.5w so not sure what size of cable was used. Can you recommend someone to install it for me.

something that hasn't been mentioned is that the higher th kw the better the pressure. i wouldn't have anything under a 9.5kw as recommended by my electrician, after all he said you wouldn't want to wash in a trickle of water!! would hate you to be disappointed. just an opinion tho.

Thanks!I am pleased to say I got a 9.5w shower. What electrician do you use?

annemarie482
19-Jun-09, 14:28
r begg electrical, keiss.

Liz
19-Jun-09, 17:46
r begg electrical, keiss.

Thanks a lot!:D