PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen

christina
13-Jun-09, 23:13
We are getting a new kitchen after our wedding in a few months if we dont dip into the savings too much :lol:.

We are thinking of buying our kitchen locally at Howdens has anybody bought a kitchen there. How did the find it for value and was there good customer service before and after.

The kitchen we have at the moment is just awfull with lovely bright yellow walls :eek:. And the cupboards are well past it must take pics of before and after its that bad.

shamrock2007
14-Jun-09, 11:31
Hi we did a new build 2yrs ago & got the kitchen from howdens. Its a lovely kitchen really pleased with it. The staff were very friendly & helpful & no hard sale for anything you didn't want. :D

horsegirl
14-Jun-09, 20:58
Hi we got our kitchen from there as well. They were fantastic. Really strong. Best we found up here for price and quality. Staff are very helpful and friendly

DO NOT ever go to Homebase. They are totally crap. My mum got one from them and it was trouble right from the word go. She is not happy at all with it. Stay well away.

christina
15-Jun-09, 06:45
Thanks for the replies :). Yip will stay clear of homebase plus I think they are over priced there kitchens. Will go and have a lock in Howdens.

Dadie
15-Jun-09, 08:51
Have a look at my kitchen thread!
Everyone told me about who not to go to after the kitchen was bought!
No one said anything bad about howdens but it is a scutter findind a tradesman to get the kitchen through!

Aussiewicker
15-Jun-09, 10:15
Have a look at my kitchen thread!
Everyone told me about who not to go to after the kitchen was bought!
No one said anything bad about howdens but it is a scutter findind a tradesman to get the kitchen through!

this is the link: http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=66501

sms
15-Jun-09, 13:47
i would recommend howdens. Their customer services is great, after sales are great, prices reasonable and having a relative as a joiner is a big help he put it in 4 us.

plumber
15-Jun-09, 14:23
We had our kitchen from Howdens, and have no complaints. Price was very good and the quality is a lot better than you would get from Homebase.

christina
15-Jun-09, 19:37
Im lucky my fiance is a Plumer and my father in law is a joiner so all sorted :D.

philupmaboug
17-Jun-09, 00:12
We got our kitchen from Howdens when we built our house and we cannot recommend them highly enough! The quality was far better than anywhere else and the price very reasonable. You will need a joiner or tradesman to purchase equipment through though as they do not sell to the direct public.

christina
17-Jun-09, 08:57
We got our kitchen from Howdens when we built our house and we cannot recommend them highly enough! The quality was far better than anywhere else and the price very reasonable. You will need a joiner or tradesman to purchase equipment through though as they do not sell to the direct public.

Thanks again for the comments :). Yip got a tradesman that can order it, cant wait no more falling apart :lol: cupboards from 1960,s for me.

celtic1888
17-Jun-09, 10:49
This might be a bit late, but, have you tried J&JM Shearers in Wick?
I used to work for them, and their kitchens are top notch. You wont get a job done anything less than perfect!

annemarie482
19-Jun-09, 10:50
howdens are great!
just got my new kitchen put in and its goregous!
i wanted a fancy dresser, so they created one out of units and it looks fab! would have cost a couple thousand to buy a real one. delighted!
gave me exactly what i asked for, were quick to supply too and the cheapest quote from all local suppliers, maybe this credit crunch has its perks!!