PDA

View Full Version : SSPCA Balmore Open Day

BalmoreSSPCA
13-Jun-09, 11:54
Hi,
The SSPCA are holding their Open Day at Balmore, Dounreay on 20th June. There will be a Scrufts Dog Show with lots of novelty classes for everyone to enter. Registration is from 1.30pm, and the Scrufts Dog Show will start at 2pm. There will be various stalls and afternoon teas available. Please come along and support your local animal welfare centre.

Everyone welcome, bring your dogs, any shape, size, colour, or breed. Its just for fun.

BalmoreSSPCA
17-Jun-09, 12:32
Just a quick reminder about our Open Day at Balmore. Scrufts Dog Show. THIS SATURDAY

Please come along and support the Scottish SPCA.

dancingtaz13
18-Jun-09, 22:55
This makes for a great day out for the family and there are lots of animals in the centre looking for attention too! :lol:

attidude9464
18-Jun-09, 23:15
If any kind people would like to donate baking or bottles for the stalls then your generosity and kindness would be very much appreciated by the both the committee and all the animals in the Centre. Thanks

BalmoreSSPCA
19-Jun-09, 21:51
We are hoping for a dry day tomorrow for the Scrufts Dog Show but if its raining then the large shed will be used. Hope to see you all there. Thanks

Lavenderblue2
20-Jun-09, 09:37
Looks like the weather will be good for you today - good luck!!

young_fishin_neep
20-Jun-09, 10:52
will be there with my pup :)

looking forward to it

weather seems good so far :D

xxx

johnlc
20-Jun-09, 15:45
was there for a while today with my husband and son and we all loved it,i was falling in love with the dogs,they were well excited :)

young_fishin_neep
20-Jun-09, 16:26
was definatley good fun, couldnt go inside to see the animals needing homes as i had my dog but maybe that a good thing, stops me wanting more pets!

me and keira won 2nd place in the pet most like owner category, i was well delighted

shame i need to dunk my hands in some ice now, they are red raw from keira pulling, i think obediance classes are on the agenda!

xx

BINBOB
20-Jun-09, 16:43
was definatley good fun, couldnt go inside to see the animals needing homes as i had my dog but maybe that a good thing, stops me wanting more pets!

me and keira won 2nd place in the pet most like owner category, i was well delighted

shame i need to dunk my hands in some ice now, they are red raw from keira pulling, i think obediance classes are on the agenda!

xx

well done..only wish i could have been there.:)

Dadie
20-Jun-09, 20:25
We had a good time though I couldnt take Poppy Dog as I cannot get her to walk with the buggy!
Lauren loved the kittens and the puppies in the centre and Iona loved the pancakes at the baking stall!

skinnydog
20-Jun-09, 20:40
What a great turn out today!! Skinnydog got first prize in the veteran class so I am of course, very proud mum. Poor Rosie took him into the child handler class and didn't get a rosette!!

Glad you enjoyed the pancakes - made by my own fair hands!!

Dadie
20-Jun-09, 20:50
I never managed to get a pancake as the kids ate them all:lol:
Just plain .. no butter or jam..

Lauren won a prize for the address in an envelope.
I might have to share the money between both the kids though as Lauren got to spend the most on things though she did choose a cuddly toy for Iona!

froal
20-Jun-09, 20:56
Great day out at Balmore today was going to go to Canisby but i think Balmore was far better ! and it was great weather too ! Dogs had a great time too could of easily took another doggie home thou ! iam glad it was booked for some one else i wanted it ! so cute :)

skinnydog
20-Jun-09, 20:57
I hope that they managed to raise a fair bit of money and rehome some of the cats and dogs at the same time. I just couldn't go into the actual rescue centre, I am too much of a soft touch.

Rosie's nursery visit is to there on Thursday and I think that is such a great idea to educate them at such an early age on how to care for and respect animals. I just don't know how the dogs and cats will cope with 27 energetic little 3 and 4 year olds!!

Wellies
21-Jun-09, 08:43
My hubby took the bairn up to Balmore and had a great time. She won a Panda and nearly came home with the lab cross pups. Think she stayed with them most of the afternoon speaking to them. Thank goodness they were not ready for re-homing or they might have all come home with her, as we already have 4 x 6 month old pups and their mother already I am very glad:lol:.

Liz
22-Jun-09, 14:28
Glad it was a good day and that there was a good turnout for such a worthy cause.

Well done young_fishin_neep and Skinnydog on your wins.:D

Here's hoping some animals were rehomed but I can understand why many of you didn't want to go and see them. Sadly, I'd be the same as would be 'cowning' and want to take them all home!:confused

BalmoreSSPCA
22-Jun-09, 14:49
Hi

On behalf of the Branch Committee and the Staff of the Scottish SPCA I would like to thank everyone who attended the Balmore Open Day and Scrufts Dog Show. We were delighted by the great number of people who came to support us and helped us raise £940, which was a fantastc amount of money, which will be used to help the animals in our care. Thanks again for your continued support

Audrey (Scottish SPCA Inspector)

skinnydog
22-Jun-09, 21:15
What a fantastic sum raised. There was a photographer there on they day - who was he? I wouldnt mind seeing if he has any photos of my prize winning dog!!!