PDA

View Full Version : Missing kitten

rs 2k
12-Jun-09, 14:16
Hi there

My sisters kitten has gone missing :( she is only 9 weeks old

She ran out the back door this morning, she is really upset been out all day looking for it

She is black and tan tabby and is very scared

she lives in pennyland drive near naver house

Could everyone round that area please please check shed etc, even under your shed, just any little corner she could get in

If anyone finds her could u please phone 891695

Thank-you

I will keep my fingers crossed someone finds her

butterfly
12-Jun-09, 14:35
Oh lol,fingers crossed you find her before dark.Good luck.:(

rs 2k
12-Jun-09, 14:49
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/linzy222/kitten.jpg

This is a pic of the kitten

rs 2k
12-Jun-09, 14:53
Oh lol,fingers crossed you find her before dark.Good luck.:(

Thank-you

Off out again to look for her

dragonfly
12-Jun-09, 15:48
at that age they don't usually go far, she's probably just exploring her surroundings and has fallen asleep in the sun somewhere

hope she turns up safe and well soon

rs 2k
12-Jun-09, 16:43
Thanx Dragonfly

But the thing i am worried about is she is wild and she is really scared of people :( hissing etc

My sister only got her yesterday, so still trying to get the kitten use to people

So i think she might of gone further afield :( we r thinking she is in someone's garden that lives in Ravenshill road or place as garden is joined on to house on that street

Home for dinner now, then back out to search

Liz
12-Jun-09, 17:40
Oh I am so sorry and know how worried you all must be.

She does look like a scared wee soul and has probably gone into hiding not very far away.

The problem, as you said, is they can crawl into the tiniest of spaces.

If you don't find her soon would be worth asking the SSPCA or Caithness Cats Protection whether you can borrow a cat trap to put in the garden.
In a couple of days hunger should take her out of hiding but this probably won't happen until the early hours when it is quieter.

Good luck!

rs 2k
12-Jun-09, 17:47
Hi Liz

I have sent a pm to balmoresspca just incase someone without the internet sees it in their garden, so i am keeping my fingers crossed

Do you have a number for cats protection, a cat trap seems a good idea :D

Liz
12-Jun-09, 18:46
The Cats Protection helpline no is 0845371425

A cat trap is handy as often a cat or kitten who is afraid will only come out when it is quiet.
This is how I caught one of my own cats who was a house cat and 'escaped'.

Really hope to hear good news soon.

stef06
12-Jun-09, 22:19
hey just thought id let you know that it may go underneith a shed as all the kittens went under there,
I do hope you find her :(

teenybash
12-Jun-09, 22:44
Wan awful worry for you all....hopefully she will come out of hiding soon and back home.:)

rs 2k
13-Jun-09, 10:49
The Cats Protection helpline no is 0845371425

A cat trap is handy as often a cat or kitten who is afraid will only come out when it is quiet.
This is how I caught one of my own cats who was a house cat and 'escaped'.

Really hope to hear good news soon.

Hi Liz

NO sign of kitten yet :( so will phone cat protection later on

Thanx for the number

Liz
13-Jun-09, 12:52
Hi Liz

NO sign of kitten yet :( so will phone cat protection later on

Thanx for the number

Aw what a shame! Really, really hope you get the wee soul soon.

dousslesh
14-Jun-09, 18:37
Caithness Cats Protection have hints on their Web Page to encourage a missing cat back home. A Couple of suggestions are to place a cat litter tray the cat had previously used; outside in the garden and for the contents of a vacuum cleaner used in the house scattered in the garden. There are other hints on the Website.
As the kitten was not long in their new home this might not be as useful but might be worth a try. Fingers crossed ! Good luck.

stef06
15-Jun-09, 09:55
Hey any sign of the kitten yet?

Liz
15-Jun-09, 12:41
My apologies for posting incorrect no for CP. It's 08453714217

rs 2k
15-Jun-09, 13:51
No sign of kitten yet :~(

Going to phone cats protection tonight and ask about a cat trap

Will keep u updated stef

Margaret M.
15-Jun-09, 14:37
Oh, I hope you find her soon, she's a beautiful wee thing.

rs 2k
15-Jun-09, 15:35
Hi

Some hopefully good news

Someone rang my sister and has found a kitten at the weigh inn, so she is off over now to c if it is hers :Razz

So fingers crossed it is

Will post again later when i hear back from her

rs 2k
15-Jun-09, 16:19
Great news

It was her :D

We r all delighted

Poor wee thing was starving she had 2 bowls of food and then ran under the kitchen unit, she can stay there for a rest after her adventure :D poor thing, must of just got lost,

Thanx everyone for all the advise and a big thank-you to the woman who phoned my sister, would never of got her back if u never phoned, thank-you very much :D x

stef06
15-Jun-09, 16:23
yay i didnt think ud find her with you only just having her and the 1st time shed been away from her mum she wouldnt of know how to hunt so glad you found her have you got a piccy?

rs 2k
15-Jun-09, 17:17
Hi stef

No pics yet only the 1 that was put on the day she went missing, which was taking off my niece's mobile

I will take some tomorrow if i am through in the town, i will pop round to my sisters and take some :D

So happy she is found, we thought we would never see her again either, sister is keeping door locked from now on, til she gets use to people a bit better [lol]

Her name is Halli BTW since she came from strath halladale :D

Liz
15-Jun-09, 17:39
Oh that is absolutely brilliant news!!!! I am so chuffed!:lol:

How far away is the Weigh Inn from your sister's house?

rs 2k
15-Jun-09, 18:55
Hi Liz

My sister stays at the back of frasers shop, so it isn't too far really

Don't know why she went to the weigh in, maybe she smelt the food [lol]

BINBOB
15-Jun-09, 19:19
great news..so happy she is back home.;)

purplelady
15-Jun-09, 22:57
so happy she is home safe and sound poor wee mite xxx

Margaret M.
16-Jun-09, 03:30
Now that's the ending we like to hear. I'm so glad she's been found.

teenybash
16-Jun-09, 12:49
Happy, happy news that little Halli is back home safe and sound.......she is a pretty wee thing...look forward to more pics. :)

Liz
16-Jun-09, 12:53
Hi Liz

My sister stays at the back of frasers shop, so it isn't too far really

Don't know why she went to the weigh in, maybe she smelt the food [lol]

Aye think it must have been the food which lured her there!:lol: How is she today?

rs 2k
16-Jun-09, 16:05
HI

Kitten doing really well today, getting use to people now so not so scared, using litter tray and getting spoilt rotten [lol]

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/linzy222/DSC07516.jpg

Can't believe how much she has changed already, she wouldn't of been standing on the couch a few days ago and she was purring this morning when i was stroking her

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/linzy222/DSC07511.jpg

BINBOB
16-Jun-09, 17:09
AWWWWWWWWW..she is lovely...:D

Liz
16-Jun-09, 17:47
She is absolutely gorgeous and looks much more relaxed than in the previous photo.

Maybe she appreciates having such a lovely home after her wee jaunt?:lol:

dragonfly
16-Jun-09, 18:42
great news, so glad Halli is home now, what an adventure she's been on! hopefully she'll stay close to home now ;)

Aaldtimer
16-Jun-09, 20:17
Crikey! That was some distance for a wee one like that. :eek: She must have the wanderlust. Glad you got her back safe! :)

carasmam
16-Jun-09, 20:35
I think she knows where she is well off :D Glad she is safe and sound :cool:

rs 2k
17-Jun-09, 12:07
Thanx everyone for all replies and PM's :)

teenybash
17-Jun-09, 12:18
What a bonnie wee kitten she is and such a cheeky, happy face......wouldn't think she will want to stray very far after her runaway tour.:)