PDA

View Full Version : Planet Earth

kas
13-Mar-06, 16:56
Well what does everyone think?

I think it must be one of the best, if not the best nature programme made. The new cameras are giving them some fantastic footage and also of animals rarely seen.

My favourite bits so far have been the superb bird of paradise doing its mating dance, the great white shark comming out of the water, the Ethiopian monkeys chattering away to each other and last nights amazing footage of the Snow lepoard. But to be honest its all fantastic stuff in my opinion.

And for all you orgers who do the Sunday night quiz and miss it, its repeated on Saturdays on BBC2 at around 6 o' clock. It was 6.30 last week and is 6.45 this week.

Saveman
13-Mar-06, 17:00
It is an incredible program!
Amazing images, it really shows what a staggering amount of work has gone into it.
Good use of licence fee money for once......;)

willowbankbear
13-Mar-06, 17:08
Ive not seen it But I love animal shows like this .Especially Bears, be they Brown panda especially polar bears.

Donnie
13-Mar-06, 17:16
I've missed this twice now, gutted. Anyone know if it's repeated?

kas
13-Mar-06, 17:51
Last nights episode is repeated on Saturday at 6.45 on BBC 2. You can go to the BBCs website and see some of the footage there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/realmedia/

kas
13-Mar-06, 17:52
Ive not seen it But I love animal shows like this .Especially Bears, be they Brown panda especially polar bears.

Footage of all three of these bears have already been shown. Footage of the panda with her new born was very touching.

Liz
13-Mar-06, 18:54
Oh no I thought the series only started last night! So how many have I missed?!

It was an amazing programme even though I had to switch over channels whenever an animal was killed!!!

The dedication and patience of the cameramen in taking these magnificient shots it to be applauded.

What a beautiful animal the snow leopard is and the panda with her baby was so moving.

Will make sure I don't miss the rest.

Donnie
13-Mar-06, 18:56
I think yesterdays was the second in the series.

Saveman
13-Mar-06, 19:09
Oh no I thought the series only started last night! So how many have I missed?!

It was an amazing programme even though I had to switch over channels whenever an animal was killed!!!

The dedication and patience of the cameramen in taking these magnificient shots it to be applauded.

What a beautiful animal the snow leopard is and the panda with her baby was so moving.

Will make sure I don't miss the rest.

You've only missed one.
Which bit did you turn over Liz?

Liz
13-Mar-06, 20:05
You've only missed one.
Which bit did you turn over Liz?

Thanks that's not so bad then.

Afraid I switched over every time it looked like an animal was to become prey!:roll:
I know it is nature and the animals have to kill to survive but I hate seeing it.

It was a bit difficult to know when to switch back!!!:lol:

Saveman
13-Mar-06, 20:24
Did you see the bit where the snow leopard got hold of the small deer or goat (some type of snow leopard prey ;))?
Did you switch that over.....because it had twist in the end you may have appreciated... :)

webmannie
13-Mar-06, 23:41
How do you know it survived?

Liz
14-Mar-06, 00:16
Did you see the bit where the snow leopard got hold of the small deer or goat (some type of snow leopard prey ;))?
Did you switch that over.....because it had twist in the end you may have appreciated... :)

I take it that it got away? That could be worse though couldn't it as it might have been injured?

pultneytooner
14-Mar-06, 00:25
It's a fantastic program, David Attenborough at his best. The sequence with the polar bear emerging from her den with her babies and sliding down the ice was amazing. Beautiful camera work of dogs hunting impala, elephants looking for water, baby elephants bumping into trees. There was some absolutely amazing footage of Great Whites also.

Liz
14-Mar-06, 00:33
It's a fantastic program, David Attenborough at his best. The sequence with the polar bear emerging from her den with her babies and sliding down the ice was amazing. Beautiful camera work of dogs hunting impala, elephants looking for water, baby elephants bumping into trees. There was some absolutely amazing footage of Great Whites also.

Oh no that must have been in the episode I missed.:~(
Hope it will be repeated in the future.

This is the kind of programme it's worth paying our TV licence for!