PDA

View Full Version : Hoots Mon, there's a moose loose about this loaf!!

scorrie
11-Jun-09, 22:31
Must have been a bit of a shocker finding this lad in your loaf:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8092921.stm

May contain traces of nuts is one thing but gee whizz!!

ps I like how they say "Dead" mouse, I somehow doubt he would have survived the baking process!!

Lumberjack
11-Jun-09, 22:43
The poor creature was probably looking for somewhere warm to sleep, but clearly did not use his loaf.

Julia
11-Jun-09, 22:56
£1000 fine plus costs isn't much dough!

At least the moose was in the base of the bread, you could cut that bit off and still have some toast for brekkie. [lol]

George Brims
11-Jun-09, 23:10
I spent two summers working in a certain N of Scotland bakery (now closed). Most of my time was spent feeding plain loaves into a machine that sliced and wrapped them (sometimes for variety I would swap places with Wullie at the other end of the machine at take the wrapped loaves off).

One day the blokes over on the pan loaf machine had a visit from one of the managers. They too had a loaf with a mouse it it, but this one was *in the middle*. Not only did it get cooked, it also got sliced. Now the customer for that loaf returned it to the shop uneaten, but the people who got the next loaf through the machine must have got some trace of the mouse in theirs via the blades...

A week later we get a visit too. The pan loaf guys had no idea there was a mouse in the loaf. But a lady had brought back one of ours, with a pencil embedded in one side of it. The machine had sliced the pencil into neat little logs, and there was a nasty black streak of pencil lead across the slices. Not only did we get told off for dropping the pencil in between the loaves, we had to apologise to the blokes on an adjacent machine, who we had accused of nicking said pencil.