PDA

View Full Version : Brown again....

percy toboggan
11-Jun-09, 19:48
You know, I wouldn't mind a bet on old Gordon making a dramatic comeback.

He was on good form yesterday at P.M.Q's and now he has clear blue water through which to torpedo Cameron's spending cuts - we could see further sparks flying in the next session.

He's now adopted a reformers zeal - better late than never...and if he can make the expenses system totally transparent as seems likely then he's in with a bid.

The public are fickle. We still have 'events' which can sweep any of the protagonists off course.

Economic figures on output and manufacturing seem to suggest the recession - technically at least - is stalling. We shall see. At the moment Britain seems rather better placed than it's European counterparts and America.

The currency has reversed it's dramatic decline - 87p. for one Euro now...shares are semi-resurgent.

Of course unemployment is still a problem and will lag behind any recovery. Diffferent areas will suffer to different degrees. There are few jobs around here apart from Carers, Educators and the like.

He might just turn it around - what d'ya reckon?
Any feelgood factors in your neck of the woods?

Rheghead
11-Jun-09, 22:02
We generally see our politicians through the prism called the media. It is the media which determines our perception of our politicans. If the media wants Gordon to make a comeback then so be it.

3of8
12-Jun-09, 05:30
We generally see our politicians through the prism called the media. It is the media which determines our perception of our politicans. If the media wants Gordon to make a comeback then so be it.

You may be right. Once upon a time you could buy a newspaper and know if it was left or right wing. These days they all seem pretty much the same to me. Can't stand the Grauniad though and never look at it so I wouldn't know if they were still pro Labour or not.

But, depressingly, I think Percy's definitely right. Broon's going to be the comeback queen of politics.

Big sigh. Ho hum.

Kenneth
12-Jun-09, 11:26
ah! Another reader of the excellent Private Eye I presume, 3of8?

3of8
13-Jun-09, 22:57
ah! Another reader of the excellent Private Eye I presume, 3of8?
When I get the chance! I wonder what gave me away? :lol:

joxville
13-Jun-09, 23:39
You may be right. Once upon a time you could buy a newspaper and know if it was left or right wing. These days they all seem pretty much the same to me. Can't stand the Grauniad though and never look at it so I wouldn't know if they were still pro Labour or not.

But, depressingly, I think Percy's definitely right. Broon's going to be the comeback queen of politics.

Big sigh. Ho hum.

Are you depressed 'cause percy is right or Brown's resurgance? [lol]