PDA

View Full Version : Wanted. Someone from Wick with long ladder

Liz
11-Jun-09, 19:27
There is a post in the Pets Corner re a poor cat who is stuck on a roof and too scared to come down!

It is very friendly and will come to anyone so need someone with a long ladder and a kind heart?

katarina
11-Jun-09, 19:59
ive got a ladder and a kind heart - but no way am i going up it! You're welcome to come and get it if you want.
When my kitten went on the roof at my last (two story house) I opened the upstairs window, one of these that swings around, got it horizontal, set a cushion on the outer side, and the kitten got the meassage, jumped on to the cushion, missed, and splatted on the ground - thankfully he picked himself up gave himself a shake and was fine. Cats have nine lives - what can I say?

Liz
11-Jun-09, 20:00
Thanks for the offer. I have a kind heart as well but also have arthritis so can't go up on a roof.:confused

The problem is no one knows whose cat it is. It would be able to get down but just seems to be too scared to move. Poor wee thing in this cold wet weather!:(

Liz
11-Jun-09, 22:19
Thanks ever so much to Kevin Milkins the man with the kindest heart on the org (and possibly Caithness!) for getting in touch with me.

Very, very much appreciated Kevin.:D

Venture
11-Jun-09, 22:37
Well done Kevin for coming to the rescue. :) You're a true gentleman.;)

Alice in Blunderland
11-Jun-09, 22:38
Oh Liz do tell is the cat still on the roof ? :)

teenybash
11-Jun-09, 22:48
Is the little cat down............Kevein you're a great fella...heart the size of the world.:)

Liz
11-Jun-09, 23:09
Kevin won't be able to go round until the morning so watch this space.

Hopefully, the cat will have found it's way down by then. At least the weather is better than it was earlier.

Kevin Milkins
11-Jun-09, 23:43
http://www.toonhound.com/trumpton-2.jpg

Captain Flack, The Pugh Twins, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub have been informed and will be on the case first thing in the morning.;)

BalmoreSSPCA
11-Jun-09, 23:54
Many thanks Kevin for your help. Much appreciated.

Liz
11-Jun-09, 23:56
http://www.toonhound.com/trumpton-2.jpg

Captain Flack, The Pugh Twins, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub have been informed and will be on the case first thing in the morning.;)
Ha ha.

Was that Trumpton or Camberwick Green? Loved both.:lol:

Fran
12-Jun-09, 00:29
Ha ha.

Was that Trumpton or Camberwick Green? Loved both.:lol:

No, thats Kevin and his 2 boxer dogs!!

Fran
12-Jun-09, 00:30
Thanks ever so much to Kevin Milkins the man with the kindest heart on the org (and possibly Caithness!) for getting in touch with me.

Very, very much appreciated Kevin.:D

You are spot on there Liz, and i'm talking from personal experience

Kevin Milkins
12-Jun-09, 08:54
He/she does not want to be rescued just yet and decides to go walk about on the roof tops and it is better equiped to do that than I am.:eek:

The house is only about 7 foot high at the rear so I have set up an easy escape route for it using my ladder and some tasty food to temp it.:Razz

I will check on it later today, but if it decline's the offer we have made for it then he/she is not trying very hard to help itself.:confused

dragonfly
12-Jun-09, 10:07
cats don't get stuck for long especially when their stomachs start rumbling - it will get down of its own accord eventually - good on you for trying Kevin

Liz
12-Jun-09, 11:48
You are spot on there Liz, and i'm talking from personal experience
Me too Fran.:D

He/she does not want to be rescued just yet and decides to go walk about on the roof tops and it is better equiped to do that than I am.:eek:

The house is only about 7 foot high at the rear so I have set up an easy escape route for it using my ladder and some tasty food to temp it.:Razz

I will check on it later today, but if it decline's the offer we have made for it then he/she is not trying very hard to help itself.

Thanks for trying Kevin and here's hoping it will come down today.

cats don't get stuck for long especially when their stomachs start rumbling - it will get down of its own accord eventually - good on you for trying Kevin

It's already been there about two days.

joxville
12-Jun-09, 14:27
I have a gun and high powered hose if either of those are any use. [lol]

butterfly
12-Jun-09, 14:37
I have a gun and high powered hose if either of those are any use. [lol]

You wont need that if you show it your face lol,then it will leap off the roof to safety![lol]

Green_not_greed
12-Jun-09, 15:47
There's a woman in Huddart Street with really knackered tights if that helps.......

The Angel Of Death
12-Jun-09, 15:50
Just stick a dog up there after the cat few woof woof's and the cat will come down sharpish

Might have to then get something to get the dog down then though

dragonfly
12-Jun-09, 15:57
It's already been there about two days.

oops! hope it gets down soon then, will be really hungry by now

joxville
12-Jun-09, 17:10
You wont need that if you show it your face lol,then it will leap off the roof to safety![lol]
It wouldn't be up there if you hadn't looked at first. [lol]

Liz
12-Jun-09, 17:11
Thanks to the SSPCA I am glad to say that the cat is now down from the roof and in their care.

Thanks again to Kevin for trying to help.