PDA

View Full Version : Cat stuck on roof -Wick !

dousslesh
11-Jun-09, 16:41
Am posting this on behalf of someone who is not ''on the Net '
Visiting a friend in East Banks Road Wick; the gentleman saw a young cat trapped on the roof. The cat has apparently been there since yesterday and appeared desperate to get down ! The gentleman contacted Balmore, and Police but they were unable to help. The SSPCA have visited but were unfortunately unsuccessful in tempting the cat down and will try again tomorrow.
Caithness Cats Protection , unfortunately were also unable to help, and so he wondered if there was anyone living near East Banks Road with a long ladder who wouldn't mind helping out ? !! The cat appears to be very friendly but very scared.
For further details please Tel 01955 641327 Many thanks

Liz
11-Jun-09, 18:58
Aw poor cat! Wish I could help,

Would the fire brigade not help?

BalmoreSSPCA
11-Jun-09, 19:09
I would like to ask if anyone knows who the cat belongs to or if possible does anyone know the cats name. I would also like to say that yes the SSPCA attended today and assessed the situation. Having looked at the rear of the property there is no reason why the cat cannot come down itself. There is a roof then a further roof on a gradual decent and then a wall which the cat should be able to jumb onto. The fire brigade will only be used as a final resort.

Liz
11-Jun-09, 19:14
I spoke to the gentleman whose phone no Dousslesh gave and no-one knows whose cat it is.

I would agree that the cat should be able to come down but,from what the gentleman told me, the cat seems to be too scared to move far and really needs someone with a long ladder to go up and physically take it down.

teenybash
11-Jun-09, 21:33
Poor mite. Are there no window cleaners or painter and decorators who would have long ladders that can be borrowed...............if the cat is up on the highest point, roof ladders may also be needed for someone to get close.....Hopefully the rescue will be soon as there is the chance that if the cat manages to get down...it may well run off..................:~(

Mrs Bucket
11-Jun-09, 21:50
Just what do the SSPCA do.

dousslesh
11-Jun-09, 22:10
In fairness The SSPCA did try to rescue the cat today and will attempt again tomorrow. The Fire Brigade say ''have you ever seen the skeleton of a cat in a tree'' ? ! Normally a cat will make it's way to safety eventually. if not the SSPCA will try again tomorrow !

Liz
11-Jun-09, 22:46
The lovely Kevin Milkins is going to go round in the morning to see if the cat is still there and, if it is, will attempt to rescue it.

Thanks Kevin!:D

BalmoreSSPCA
11-Jun-09, 22:58

Mrs bucket I trust this question is one of sarcasm. If you truely want to know what the SSPCA do I would be more than willing to show you my diary, photographs and my case records.

balto
11-Jun-09, 23:06
mayby if the sspca wasnt so busy looking after unwanted pets and ill treated animas they might have the time and resources to deal with trivia matters like this. i am sure the cat will get down safe and well, if not on his own but with kevins help

Liz
11-Jun-09, 23:06

Oh that's not fair!!!!

The Inspector did attend and try to rescue the cat. Maybe you could take her up on her offer?

starry
11-Jun-09, 23:18
I may be wrong but I read that as Mrs Bucket was saying to heed the advice of the SSPCA, not critising them but just saying they were the experts and do just do as they say/do.

Liz
11-Jun-09, 23:25
I may be wrong but I read that as Mrs Bucket was saying to heed the advice of the SSPCA, not critising them but just saying they were the experts and do just do as they say/do.

Hope you are right. In which case I apologise Mrs Bucket if I misinterpreted what you meant.

BalmoreSSPCA
11-Jun-09, 23:32
I too will apologise if I misunderstood the statement made by Mrs Bucket. At no point did the SSPCA say that they would not rescue the cat but it has an easy route to get down by itself. Hence it was agreed with the lady that owns the house that the SSPCA would return tomorrow to rescue the cat.

sanka2112
11-Jun-09, 23:46
if the cat could get down i'm sure it wouldn't still be up there. why didn't the sspca get the cat down when it was there or was it to much hassel..now they have to waste more time coming out again to do what they should have sorted out already.

BalmoreSSPCA
11-Jun-09, 23:48
if the cat could get down i'm sure it wouldn't still be up there. why didn't the sspca get the cat down when it was there or was it to much hassel..now they have to waste more time coming out again to do what they should have sorted out already.

Thanks for that response.

sanka2112
11-Jun-09, 23:55
i was only meaning if you sorted out the last time you could be uing your time on other cases

sanka2112
12-Jun-09, 00:26
i lost my cat if it is black it could be mine her name is cleo lost from bremner's walk

butterfly
12-Jun-09, 00:31

You need to read post 3 then your sarcastic question will be answered.

sanka2112
12-Jun-09, 01:23
i wasn't being sarcastic and i read i and it never answered my question what do you mean even though it looks possible obviously the cat doesn't think it can get doon

butterfly
12-Jun-09, 01:28
why didn't the sspca get the cat down when it was there or was it to much hassel..now they have to waste more time coming out again to do what they should have sorted out already.

That's what i mean...................

sanka2112
12-Jun-09, 01:33
your not making sense

butterfly
12-Jun-09, 01:47
your not making sense

It's you that does not make sense lol.Go back to the beginning and re read the posts like i said.Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.The sspca dont find that rescuing a cat is a "hassle" as you put it.Nor do they find that it is wasting their time.They are most probably giving the cat time to find it's own way down.:roll:If it's still there in the morning no doubt they will take further action to help it get down.

BalmoreSSPCA
12-Jun-09, 16:39
Hi
I would just like to thank all those people who supported the work of the SSPCA and would like to inform you that the cat has now been rescued from a roof in East Banks, Wick by the SSPCA. It has been taken to the Centre to enable us to try and track down its owner. He is a friendly Tabby which has very dark hair along his back. He has a white nose and white bib and four white feet. He has lovely green eyes and has a small nick out of his right ear. He also has very small tufts on both ears. He is not microchipped but has evidence of having had a collar on at some point in time. WE are now making a plea for the owner of this beautiful boy to contact the Centre on Tel:- 01847861386. If you know of anyone who has lost a cat in this vicinity please ask them to get in touch.

Thanks again to everyone.

carasmam
12-Jun-09, 16:41
Thats good news :D Hope he is reunited with his owner soon.

Liz
12-Jun-09, 17:04
Oh that is brilliant news!!! Well done to the SSPCA for rescuing this lovely cat and giving him a safe place to stay until, hopefully, his owner has been found.

Love a happy ending!:D

BalmoreSSPCA
12-Jun-09, 20:23
Here is a picture of the cat from East Banks. If anyone recognises him then please get in touch. Thanks

Liz
12-Jun-09, 22:15
Oh he's beautiful! Hope his owner comes forward soon.

Wonder if his name is 'Fiddler'?lol

teenybash
12-Jun-09, 22:41
So glad the boy has been rescued and isn't he just loely. To round things off let's hope owners are found. Well done SSPCA.......:D

Margaret M.
13-Jun-09, 03:55
A lovely wee cat, well done all! Way to step up to the plate, Kevin, you are a kind soul.