PDA

View Full Version : Health & Safety advice.

joxville
11-Jun-09, 14:54
As reported on my company's H & S system.

The injured party: I removed a printout from the photocopier, scrunched it up and threw it in the bin. It was then I noticed I had a paper cut to my thumb, so I put a plaster on it and made a record of it in the accident book.

Actions from the investigation: Paper must not be scrunched up when discarded, it must be placed flat into the bin.

Company tipper drivers are now instructed NOT to carry sandwich boxes or bags containing food items in their vehicles. In the event of an accident the boxes/bags may get thrown around in the cab and injure the driver on the head. Spot checks WILL be carried out.

Joxville: I'm saying nothing. Honestly, I'm stuck for words. :eek:

Gene Hunt
11-Jun-09, 16:04
As reported on my company's H & S system.

The injured party: I removed a printout from the photocopier, scrunched it up and threw it in the bin. It was then I noticed I had a paper cut to my thumb, so I put a plaster on it and made a record of it in the accident book.

Actions from the investigation: Paper must not be scrunched up when discarded, it must be placed flat into the bin.

Company tipper drivers are now instructed NOT to carry sandwich boxes or bags containing food items in their vehicles. In the event of an accident the boxes/bags may get thrown around in the cab and injure the driver on the head. Spot checks WILL be carried out.

Joxville: I'm saying nothing. Honestly, I'm stuck for words. :eek:

Jox, its all over the place, I have seen similiar things in my line of work.

We once had an email warning us of the danger to hearing of constantly wearing headsets. As if we have a choice. I replied that as I am not a Jedi Knight and cannot use the force to communicate with pilots then perhaps a hearing damage free method of communicating with Pilots could be suggested, and that wearing the headsets doesnt damage hearing, its the chatter from the stick monkeys that does the damage. The idiot replied suggesting that we "remove the headset between transmissions", yup thats really going to work at Heathrow with almost constant chatter for 2 hours at a time. Where do they find these people ??

I have even seen a suggestion on how to "exit an office chair" in order to "avoid injury", never worked out how you can injure yourself getting out of a chair but there you go.

Bazeye
11-Jun-09, 18:16
There are instructions with diagrams, where I work, showing you how to wash your hands.:roll:

Gene Hunt
11-Jun-09, 18:51
There are instructions with diagrams, where I work, showing you how to wash your hands.:roll:

I dread to think what diagrams could be stuck on the toilet cubicle walls .. :eek: