PDA

View Full Version : Kiln Store, Thurso - Ikea order prices

champagnebaby
13-Mar-06, 03:52
Does anyone know how much it costs to order stuff from the Ikea catalogue when you place the order through the Kiln Store in Thurso?

Someone told me it was 40% of the price of your order, just wondering if anyone know whether this is correct or not???

Cheers:D

Lavenderblue2
13-Mar-06, 09:36
I once ordered a table from Ikea via the Kiln Store- I can't remember what the add on percentage was but it wasn’t anything like 40%! Also the item was delivered to me.

I was very satisfied with the service.

LB :o)

connieb19
13-Mar-06, 09:43
The last time I bought something from them, which was just short ago, it was a 20% charge. I'm pretty sure its still 20%!! :D

DrSzin
13-Mar-06, 10:59
Hmm, you guys are giving me a "get rich quick" idea. My nearest IKEA is only ten minutes' drive away. I could start an Orgers' Mail Order business. :)

Whitewater
13-Mar-06, 11:02
Hmm, you guys are giving me a "get rich quick" idea. My nearest IKEA is only ten minutes' drive away. I could start an Orgers' Mail Order business. :)

Go for it !!!!.

golach
13-Mar-06, 11:05
Sorry Doc, but why use a go between when you can deal direct

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/local_home/edinburgh.html

Dali
13-Mar-06, 11:56
Because they dont deliver.

golach
13-Mar-06, 12:39
Because they dont deliver.

Ooops I am a silly Golach then :o

Ann
13-Mar-06, 12:41
Why don't you just phone the Kiln Store and ask them?
I'm sure they will be delighted to tell you.
Ann

krieve
13-Mar-06, 12:48
not sure but is the delivery charge not about £20 or £30

Ann
13-Mar-06, 13:09
Ok, I've just phoned the Kiln Store, 01847896262 and the very helpful man there told me that the charge is £20 minimum up to the first £100 and the price is graded after that.

The pricing structure has been changed since he first started doing this service hence the various answers here.

I think this is an excellent service he provides, saves you
driving down to Edinburgh, paying for your fuel, meals etc., or paying another carrier to deliver to your door.

DrSzin
13-Mar-06, 13:53
The Edinburgh IKEA does have a delivery service: (http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IkeaNearYouView?storeId=7&catalogId=10103&langId=-20&StoreName=edinburgh#3)
__________________________________________________ _____________

Can't fit it all in the car? Did you know we have a Home Delivery service? We offer a next day delivery service for local areas* along with regular deliveries to the following areas:

Fife - Monday to Friday
Dundee - Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Aberdeen - Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Inverness - every Tuesday

Prices start at £35 for 30 items (Edinburgh area) plus £5 for every additional 30 items.
Ask in store for details and prices for your area.

*volume permitting
__________________________________________________ _____________

but it appears that you're out of luck if you're in Caithness.

If you're bored, you can have a conversation with "Anna" on the Edinburgh IKEA website (http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/local_home/edinburgh.html). Click on "Ask Anna" at the top.

canuck
13-Mar-06, 14:19

Me too. I suspect that the Canadian stock might differ a bit, the postage would be greater, but the original prices seem to be less. I love IKEA!

Alice in Blunderland
13-Mar-06, 14:54
I have also used the kiln store for Ikea products and they were reasonable and efficient.I could have had it delivered direct to the house but I offered to collect from the store(any excuse to do a little more shopping).I once was shopping in Ikea for goods and got carried away so went over to the counter to have it delivered to the house it was only going to be £60 to be delivered from Edinburgh to Wick not bad considering what I had purchased.In the end my husband realised it would all fit in the back of my car (ford Galaxy) and he was right saved me the money not that I would have grudged it.:D

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Mar-06, 15:40
I'm going to IKEA tomorrow. I'll be heading to Caithness on the weekend, so if anyone needs anything taken up the road, let me know. It'll cost you, though. Pure evil, me.

DrSzin
13-Mar-06, 16:12
We could set up in business together. Pepsi & Szin has quite a ring to it. :)

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Mar-06, 16:14
As the Pet Shop Boys once sang: "You've got the brain, I've got the brawn... let's make lots of money."

willowbankbear
13-Mar-06, 16:19
After that last rant on the other thread, youve done a jjb sports Pepsi, No Rangers fan will use youre business:p :p :p

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Mar-06, 16:20
Why not? I'm sponsored by Orange. And Rangers fans - several hundred thousand of them - read stuff that puts money in my pocket every week. If you see my meaning.

shrek_donkey
13-Mar-06, 16:21
pepsi can you bring up some pepsi i can't be bothered going to the shop lol only joking:lol: :evil

DrSzin
13-Mar-06, 16:22
Canuck can run our North American branch and golach can be the debt collector. Costco is right next door, and Sainsburys and Homebase aren't far away, so we could include them too.

Let's apply to CASE for a grant. ;)

DrSzin
13-Mar-06, 16:23
After that last rant on the other thread, youve done a jjb sports Pepsi, No Rangers fan will use youre business:p :p :pOh yes, there's a jjb sports there too. :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Mar-06, 16:25
You might want to add Makro to that list, Szin. It's only a few minutes walk away from here. No questions please as to how I have a store card though.

shrek_donkey
13-Mar-06, 16:27
how do you have a store card pepsi ???????????????

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Mar-06, 16:29
Now now. We'll have none of that.

willowbankbear
13-Mar-06, 16:39
Now now. We'll have none of that.

Bring up some of yer work then Pepsi:p And take us up a Burger King Meal

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Mar-06, 16:40
I'm sure there's a few Burger Kings in Wick, willowbankbear.

willowbankbear
13-Mar-06, 16:43
Aye:Razz there is but omg ye wouldna make me eat 1 LOL

canuck
13-Mar-06, 18:00
.....I have a store card ......

The circle is complete.

It was store cards that got me onto the forum two years ago. I was preparing to leave for Caithness. On the c.org. I read a post by rich with a list of all his "cards". I was impressed that I would find a Starbucks and a Chapters and a university library in this place called Caithness, a place that I had never heard of, but a place that seemed quite civilized from all the stores he named. Then came the reality check: A card that could only be from a Toronto store and that is when I realized that he lived less than an hour away. I registered my user name and got my first (of many because I keep messing them up getting into the chat room) password so that I could contact "rich". He was a great help back then. "Lots of layers" was the best advice! Last week, nearly two years later, I met him in person for the first time. And today, Pepsi Challenge, you start the store card chatter again.

I will gladly be the NA contact. Of the stores you have listed I have access only to Costco and Burger King and of course Pepsi, although I won't be putting much of that in my suitcase - too heavy. Let me know what you need. I am sure that I can talk weeboyagee into carrying stuff back with him next summer. However, I have a question for golach: is transportation of goods like this over international boundaries really legal?

And don't you think that the person who started this thread now wonders what has happened to it? At least there is absolutely no way to pick up on Science and Religion or football in anything that has been mentioned so far. ;)

WeeBurd
13-Mar-06, 21:16
A word of caution to anyone who's tempted by the home deliveries from the Ikea stores direct (i.e the instore kiosk)- our last experience was dreadful. Ordered kids furniture (wardrobe, change station, toy chest etc.) in mid October... after paying the £70 delivery, and making many irrate phonecalls to a courier's mobile (hmmm, no landline?!? should have questioned it at the time!), it eventually arrived just in time for baby being born at the end of Dec!! All this amidst various assurrances that our delivery charge would be refunded - it never happened. Ikea make it clear that they are not liable for any home deliveries, as the basically contract out, and it gets sub-contracted, and in the case of the Caithness area, sub-contracted again. Way too much hassle and stress for our liking. So please beware!

connieb19
13-Mar-06, 22:18
OOOO...when do the interviews start...:evil

http://www.shotgunreviews.com/reviews/images/gyllenhall1.jpg

Fran
14-Mar-06, 00:48
i was wanting to order two lampshades from the ikea book, but kiln store were going to charge me £20 delivery for the two paper ball lightshades, and that was more than the cost of the lightshades!!!!!..........so i didn't order them.[para]

champagnebaby
14-Mar-06, 23:52
Ok, I've just phoned the Kiln Store, 01847896262 and the very helpful man there told me that the charge is £20 minimum up to the first £100 and the price is graded after that.

The pricing structure has been changed since he first started doing this service hence the various answers here.

I think this is an excellent service he provides, saves you
driving down to Edinburgh, paying for your fuel, meals etc., or paying another carrier to deliver to your door.

Cheers very much Ann, you saved me a phone call seein as they don't mention anything about their Ikea service on their website. Was only wanting order a few little bits and pieces so dunno if it's worth paying the £20 delivery. Sure i could add a few more pieces to my order to make it worth while though :)

Fran
15-Mar-06, 00:30
Maybe if everyone got together and placed their orders into one order, they would only be charged the one £20 postage, which could be divided amongst them. this would work out cheaper for everyone.