PDA

View Full Version : Hill of Forss

Stefan
10-Jun-09, 19:17
Been trying to find out where Hill of Forss is. Google Maps and Multimap don't recognize it.
They only know Bridge of Forss....
Trying to find out where this property is:

http://www.pollardmortgageshop.co.uk/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=93

Help please.
Thanks.

dragonfly
10-Jun-09, 19:47
i just entered hill of forss thurso on google maps and it came up with it

can't post a link to it as it just goes back to original google map page

joxville
10-Jun-09, 20:12
According to what I found on Google Earth: Take the Thurso to Dounreay road and just after the BT business park take the left fork to Hill of Forss drive for about 1 mile (winding road) then take first right, house is just along on the left

gollach
10-Jun-09, 20:14
try here

http://tinyurl.com/kk2n6r

skinnydog
10-Jun-09, 21:53
Erm I stay near there and have never seen that house!!

joxville
10-Jun-09, 21:57
Maybe not near enough then. [lol]

dragonfly
10-Jun-09, 21:59
if you look at the 2nd picture you can see the house at the end of your road Skinnydog so its definately up there ;)

skinnydog
10-Jun-09, 21:59
My mission for tomorrow is to find it!!

Katy
10-Jun-09, 23:14
Think I can help.
If you turn up towards Janetstown after BT business park, carry on up the road, once you get to the 'T' Junction you will see a road on the right hand side it is the 2nd house up that road but you can see it from the main road too.
Hope that helps.
Katy x

Fluff
11-Jun-09, 11:50
There are 2 ways and they have both been mentioned.
First way is to take the road leading to Dounray, going past BT. Just past BT you will come to a fork in the road, going right left and straight on. (straight on goes to Dounray and Forss) Take the road going left up the hill. This gets you onto the Hill Of Forss.

The other way is to take the road going up by the High School/Hospital. You will go past the turning to Halkrik and Glengolly, keep going. On your right will be the new big DOunray building for decomissioning and then the recycling plant. You will have a turning on your right, there will be a red BT postbox (old style) take this road. This again leads you onto Hill Of Forss. Once you get to the end of this road, if you go right you will end up on the road described above.
Please note you cannot go all the way around by car if you go all the way up the road.
Good luck. It is a beautiful place to live, I grew up on the Hill. Fantastic views.

skinnydog
11-Jun-09, 21:21
I know exactly where it is - I think the photo maybe threw me!! Really nice and in a really quiet bit off the road.