PDA

View Full Version : Digital change over - probably a daft question

veekay
10-Jun-09, 18:08
But here goes anyway. This digital change over thing does it include radio or is it just television?

Told you it was daft

joxville
10-Jun-09, 21:56
Radio is included if you have one that can receive pictures. Also, if you have cooker which has an analogue clock/timer that will need to be replaced with a digital version. Contact the cooker manufacturer for details of an update, sometimes they can do it online.

tonkatojo
10-Jun-09, 22:15
Radio is included if you have one that can receive pictures. Also, if you have cooker which has an analogue clock/timer that will need to be replaced with a digital version. Contact the cooker manufacturer for details of an update, sometimes they can do it online.

I can't weigh this one up, are you extracting the Michael as usual or being serious ?

dragonfly
10-Jun-09, 22:31
I can't weigh this one up, are you extracting the Michael as usual or being serious ?

for weighing up are you using digital or balance scales? if balance it will be the same as the analogue clock you'll have to go to manufacturers website to upgrade/update ;)

I think the switchover is only for terrestrial tvs Veekay :D

pat
10-Jun-09, 22:33
jox would not extract the urine I am sure!!!!!!

Believe what you will.

If you contact cooker manufacturers they will be extremely helpful too!!!

Kodiak
10-Jun-09, 22:45

Quite right too, I will changing all my Analogue Clocks over soon to Digital as well for after the Change over they will not work. [lol]

wifie
10-Jun-09, 22:54
Man I forgot about the other clocks! :confused Glad my cooker is fairly new and therefore digital. You always find something handy and helpful on the Org!

joxville
10-Jun-09, 22:58
I must check up with my car manufacturer-the radio in my car is digital but the speedometer etc. are analogue, I wonder if they need to change to digital readout?

wifie
10-Jun-09, 22:59
I must check up with my car manufacturer-the radio in my car is digital but the speedometer etc. are analogue, I wonder if they need to change to digital readout?

Wow this is gettin complicated! That BBC haven't told us everything! [disgust]

Kodiak
10-Jun-09, 23:06

Yes you need to get these changed as well, I had mine done last week, to find the nearest Digital Fitter just phone the Help-Line on 091 555 666, it will cost you £10.00 a Minute for this is a Premium Rate Call.

Vistravi
10-Jun-09, 23:16
OK heres a daft question

Can anyone explain as to what is going to happen when the digitial changeover happens? Does it affect only tv or does it affect anything else and how will it affect it?
With tvs does it mean that terrestval(sp) tv will not work and you can only watch it on freeview or sky?
I'm not sure bout it all a dn not scared to ask lol :)

davem
10-Jun-09, 23:51
You can ask but do you get any sense? Not yet..........
It is just tv's but if you have cable sky or freeview youre fine.
Digital radio is yet to arrive - so much for having a dab radio for 5 years! Silly me I thought if the coop sells them they must be working here.

Kevin Milkins
11-Jun-09, 00:05
years ago, when a cow took lame it was sure to be foul of the hoof, but nowadays even the cows have gone digital.:eek:
Digital dermatitis in cattle article (http://www.hoofman.co.uk/dermatitis.htm)

Liz
11-Jun-09, 23:01
Have a look at this.:D

http://bit.ly/smSFX

butterfly
11-Jun-09, 23:30
Lol! This thread has given me a right laugh![lol]

Kevin Milkins
11-Jun-09, 23:35
Have a look at this.:D

http://bit.ly/smSFX

That was great, thank you Liz. For those in the know,:eek: Thats me now.

oldmarine
12-Jun-09, 05:26
Some interesting comments here. I enjoyed Liz's video. Very clever. Such thoughts on getting ready for the digital changeover. GRIN!!!
:roll::lol:[lol]

Fluff
12-Jun-09, 10:28
Oh dears. Jox you are terrible!

Veekay this site may help ( I am assuming you have access to the internet??)
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

Liz
12-Jun-09, 11:50
Veekay it is not a stupid question. You just got 'silly' answers!:lol:

Liz
12-Jun-09, 11:51
That was great, thank you Liz. For those in the know,:eek: Thats me now.

Some interesting comments here. I enjoyed Liz's video. Very clever. Such thoughts on getting ready for the digital changeover. GRIN!!!
:roll:[lol]

Glad you enjoyed the video. I thought it was really funny.

joxville
12-Jun-09, 14:24
But here goes anyway. This digital change over thing does it include radio or is it just television?

Told you it was daft

Sorry, I couldn't resist having a bit of fun at your expense. :)
The others just followed suit........I think! :eek:

Follow the link provided by Fluff for the real answer.

Oh dears. Jox you are terrible!

Veekay this site may help ( I am assuming you have access to the internet??)
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

How do you think Veekay started the thread??? [lol]

Fluff
12-Jun-09, 15:09
jokes
I have to have at least 10 characters

Green_not_greed
12-Jun-09, 15:44
Of course, this means that all those bankers with Rolex watches will have to replace them with digital Casios or similar......

(Bankers - was that spelt correctly - yes I think so!)

Loved the video, BTW

GNG

veekay
13-Jun-09, 19:01
Ask a daft question on the Org and you just have to have daft answers or it just wouldn't be the Org - thats why we love it.