PDA

View Full Version : Dont Panic.

cuddlepop
10-Jun-09, 09:57
Just had my daughter on the phone informing me her flatmates nursery has closed due to a suspected swine flu case.

Now they both work partime in Primark in Glasgow too and my daughter works in another nursery .

What happens if she gets ill,whose going to look after her.:~(

teenybash
10-Jun-09, 13:14
My advice would be for her to phone her doctor should she develope symptoms and have the relevant tests done and take it from there. It seems they are pretty quick to hospitalize if need be.........I wouldn't worry too much, just keep fingers crossed at the moment that she remains just fine....................If not, looks like Mama could be having an unplanned trip to the City of Smiles.

percy toboggan
10-Jun-09, 15:17
We are just days or even hours away from the declaration of a 'pandemic'.
700 cases nationwide...many with no discernable cause.

Keep Calm, Carry on.

toboggan

Cattach
10-Jun-09, 17:06
Just had my daughter on the phone informing me her flatmates nursery has closed due to a suspected swine flu case.

Now they both work partime in Primark in Glasgow too and my daughter works in another nursery .

What happens if she gets ill,whose going to look after her.:~(

Just another flu and soon there will be so many cases that it will be like the normal winter seasonal flu with Doctors only wanting to see severe cases.

cuddlepop
10-Jun-09, 17:09
Just another flu and soon there will be so many cases that it will be like the normal winter seasonal flu with Doctors only wanting to see severe cases.
If its just another flu then why are they closing schools/nursery etc.This is not just another flu,this one bites.:(

Royal Alexander has a ward closed due to the number of staff thats contracted swine flu.

aldis
10-Jun-09, 22:32
Both my husband and I (sweet young things in our mid-50's) got the swine flu (H1N1) about a month ago. We both ended up with pneumonia. The things to remember are:
1. Think about others.
Don't go to work if you have flu like symptoms.
Don't go to public places like church or shopping centres.
Wash you hands frequently.
Cough and/or sneeze into the crook of your elbow and not into your hand.

2. If you get sick, go to bed and rest. Drink plenty of fluids. Overexertion will just make you have a relapse.

It is the young adults and middle agers who are the most vulnerable, but children are the worst little germ factories around, so avoid them.

Alice in Blunderland
10-Jun-09, 22:40
The things to remember are:
1. Think about others.

2. If you get sick, go to bed and rest. Drink plenty of fluids. Overexertion will just make you have a relapse.

And also no nose picking its a no no.

Vistravi
10-Jun-09, 23:04
As percy said no need to worry untill you become sick. And then you just stay away from other people esp children as they will pass it around like wild fire. We all like our kids clean but they're not really clean all the time esp they're hands.
And boy do they like to share their germs. I have had a permeant nasty cold since i started at the nursery a month and half ago :roll: I almost lost my voice with it last week. :eek: My partner found this very hilarious.:lol:

Venture
10-Jun-09, 23:15

Oh Alice that is so disgusting....but you're right.

Is there a noticeable difference between ordinary flu symptoms and swine flu?

Alice in Blunderland
10-Jun-09, 23:31

Not much from what they say :confused

davlaurjen
11-Jun-09, 00:55
The good news is that the vast majority of cases are easily treatable.

sassylass
11-Jun-09, 02:10
If its just another flu then why are they closing schools/nursery etc.This is not just another flu,this one bites.:(

Royal Alexander has a ward closed due to the number of staff thats contracted swine flu.

It's a new virus therefore we've not built up immunity to it yet, which is why we are more susceptible. Most people experience regular flu symptoms, but anyone with compromised health may be hit harder.

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jun-09, 02:49
I'd be more worried about TB-ridden Govan than swine flu.

percy toboggan
11-Jun-09, 07:39
Both my husband and I (sweet young things in our mid-50's) got the swine flu (H1N1) about a month ago. We both ended up with pneumonia. The things to remember are:
1. Think about others.

It is the young adults and middle agers who are the most vulnerable, but children are the worst little germ factories around, so avoid them.

So sorry to hear of your illness - pneumonia can be very serious.
Hope you are on the mend and welcome to the forum.

toboggan

joxville
11-Jun-09, 08:08

Yes, swine flu means you run out of fingers to use..you may have to borrow a friends. :eek:[lol]

cuddlepop
11-Jun-09, 10:10
I dont know what the precedures are from preventing this spread of swine flu but yesterday my daughter was asked if she had any contact with her flatmate,when she went to her nursery.

Any contact ?,they live together.:confused

Surely my daughter should have been advised to stay away for the same week the other nursery is closed.:(

The Angel Of Death
11-Jun-09, 12:24
1. Think about others.

THis makes sence and is good advised but with some employers not paying you for sick pay and you having to rely on SSP which doesnt kick in until after your 3rd day off sick with the country in a ressesion who can actually afford to take the time of work with the current outlays they have (eg mortgage council tax etc etc)

For example i work in an office enviroment and we constantly have people in sick simply because they cant afford time off and once one has it it just tends to spread like wildfire the ironic thing is if you catch the first carrier and get them to stay at home then you stand a better chance of your workers not getting struck down one by one like dominos

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jun-09, 13:32
How is your daughter CP? :)

cuddlepop
12-Jun-09, 19:48
Just off the phone to her and she's feeling rundown,tired etc.:(

Its just so difficult to tell with her as she's working all the hours she can just to keep her flat on over the summer break and still studying.Has a definate cold but swine flu,too early to tell.:confused

Two kids at her nursery are being tested for swine flu.

she feels so guilty that she gave them it, that is if they have it.:~(

Vistravi
13-Jun-09, 11:22
Hopefully your daughter just has the normal flu. Tell you're daughter not to feel so guilty. As long as the nursery is closed it'll slow down the swine flu and most of the kids won't get it. A few may but not many.

forevera123
13-Jun-09, 11:27
don't know how long this swine flu going to last? because that really put all our families off going for a little break from all this stressful live:mad: god bless us all.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Jun-09, 21:16
Hi CP hows your daghter now is she over her bug?

The Angel Of Death
16-Jun-09, 21:45
Better watch my last funny at swine flu was well shot down by them that have had the good old sense of humour removed ;)