PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

aldis
09-Jun-09, 20:41
I stumbled on this site while doing some genealogical research. My great-great grandfather came to Manitoba from Caithness via Ontario. He was an Alexander.

butterfly
09-Jun-09, 20:45
Greeting's to you too! Welcome to the org Aldis.:)

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jun-09, 21:09
I stumbled on this site while doing some genealogical research. My great-great grandfather came to Manitoba from Caithness via Ontario. He was an Alexander.

Hello and welcome. :)

You may have a few relatives here then. ;)

shazzap
09-Jun-09, 21:16
Hello ...........:)

canuck
09-Jun-09, 21:29
Welcome aldis.

I was born in Winnipeg. My grandfather immigrated to the city from Edinburgh when he was a teenager.

About five years ago I discovered Caithness and then began to realize that I had grown up in the midst of Caithnessian descendents. I often refer to Winnipeg as Caithness West.

I am a Canadian, now living and working in Edinburgh. A little bit of my heart lives in Caithness though, a land of mystery and majesty.

Ojibwa
09-Jun-09, 21:35
Is it still snowing there ? :lol:

teenybash
09-Jun-09, 22:18
Hello aldis, come away in and sit a while and have a bit of fun and chat. Welcome....:)

Invisible
09-Jun-09, 22:37
Hi there, I admire Canada, Due South is a great show![lol]
My grandad was born near Winnipeg, moved when he was 6 or 7 to Caithness, i've always wanted to visit.

Fly
09-Jun-09, 22:48

Hi and welcome to the site. I have Alexander relations in Canada.
Would you like to tell which part of Caithness he came from?:o)

Whitewater
09-Jun-09, 23:16
Hi aldis, welcome to the site, you will enjoy it, there are several Canadians who subscribe regularly to the org.
I, as far as I'm aware do not have any relatives in Canada, but I have several friends. My wife and I leave for Calgary this Saturday to do some site seeing in the west. We are looking forward to it.

Bruce_H
09-Jun-09, 23:31
Welcome from an American lurker. The Org'ers are very kind to us non-Caithness types, so feel free to make yourself at home. I too stumbled upon the site while doing research into my family roots (Dunbeath & Berriedale). Though I have yet to find records, I suspect quite a few of my ancestors ended up in Winnipeg, and I am hoping to head that way some time and do some research.

Bruce H
San Diego, CA