PDA

View Full Version : Crufts

Sianymo
12-Mar-06, 17:20
Does anyone else's dog enjoy watching Crufts as much as mine?

Now have nose prints all over the telly to go with the toddler sticky mitts!
:lol:

fred
12-Mar-06, 20:06
Does anyone else's dog enjoy watching Crufts as much as mine?

Now have nose prints all over the telly to go with the toddler sticky mitts!
:lol:

Big argument in our house today, the wife wants Coronation Street and the dog wants Crufts. I think she's agreed to record Crufts so the dog can watch it later.

Sianymo
12-Mar-06, 20:49
LOL!

Wish i'd thought of that!

porshiepoo
12-Mar-06, 21:14
gutting! I should have been there with Bailey on Thursday. It's just so far to go.
Those rings that look huge on the telly - incl best in show ring - their actually tiny in real life. Still wish I'd gone though, now i'll have to go through the process of qualifying again for next year.

Kinda hoped the Shiba Inu would get the utility group though cos we used to have one bred by that breeder, fantastic breed!

connieb19
12-Mar-06, 21:17
What breed of dogs do you have porshiepoo? :D

krieve
12-Mar-06, 21:17
porshie just wondering what the process is for qualifying?

Sianymo
12-Mar-06, 21:28
Think my mutt would only qualify for Scrufts!!! He's a rescue dog and was thought to be a terrier cross collie but has recently developed black dots all through his white bits.. so I guess there must be dalmation in there somewhere! Category Heinz 56 me thinks!!!!!

wickerinca
13-Mar-06, 03:32
Haven't had Crufts shown here yet but watched the WDS with 'the boys' last night.....fairly tires them out!!! They didn't seem to think that much of the Bull Terrier that won....they seemed to prefer the Golden Retriever but one of their best friends is a retriever so I suppose they were a bit biased!!

paris
13-Mar-06, 14:11
What breed of dogs do you have porshiepoo? :D

She has Great danes.

JimH
13-Mar-06, 15:32
Think my mutt would only qualify for Scrufts!!! He's a rescue dog and was thought to be a terrier cross collie but has recently developed black dots all through his white bits.. so I guess there must be dalmation in there somewhere! Category Heinz 56 me thinks!!!!!
Our Brodie says "Collies have black bits develop in the white despite trying to lick them off"

porshiepoo
13-Mar-06, 19:50
Paris is right, I show Great Danes, although we have shepherd too.

As for the qualifying - I'll try and explain without getting to complicated.

Your dog has to come 1st,2nd or 3rd in certain classes at championship dog shows. The classes that qualify vary between breeds, and every breed at champ shows has dog and bitch classes seperately.
i.e I first qualified Bailey in his minor puppy class at a champ show as he came first. When we went to crufts on that win he then came 2nd in his class at crufts which meant he qualified for the next year, but we didn't go to crufts the next year so last year I had to qualify him again (2nd in his class at a champ show) for this years crufts. But like I said we didn't go this year so if I intend to take him to crufts next year then I've got to qualify him some time this year at a champ show.

Normally I would go to about 8 - 10 champ shows in a year and a multitude of open shows (that don't qualify for crufts) but living up here makes it very hard unless you're 100% dedicated. The nearest champ show is Edinburgh and by the time you've travelled down before the show and travelled back again, it takes too much time for me.

Sianymo
13-Mar-06, 23:01
"Collies have black bits develop in the white despite trying to lick them off"

I haven't tried licking them off to be honest! Yeeeuuch! [lol]

krieve
13-Mar-06, 23:09
Thanks porshie i was just curious good luck with bailey if you do decide to get him in for next years crufts