PDA

View Full Version : scottish slimmers

grumpy1
08-Jun-09, 17:48
I very bravely plucked up the courage to go and get weighed at scottish slimmers last week..i left quietly confident, and pleased with myself for taking the step to actually try and sort myself out....ive just been back this week and although i am delighted because i actually lost weight...i feel so deflated and unmotivated there was no well done or congrat for getting off to a good start...i dont expect a big fanfare or fireworks but a little bit of encouragement would be nice especially
as they are charging practically the price of a set of scales for the privilage.......[evil]

starry
08-Jun-09, 18:07
You should just get together with some mates, pay a £1 each week and the person who loses the most at the end of the month wins the cash.

Anyway Well Done on your weight lose :cool:

BINBOB
08-Jun-09, 18:25
I very bravely plucked up the courage to go and get weighed at scottish slimmers last week..i left quietly confident, and pleased with myself for taking the step to actually try and sort myself out....ive just been back this week and although i am delighted because i actually lost weight...i feel so deflated and unmotivated there was no well done or congrat for getting off to a good start...i dont expect a big fanfare or fireworks but a little bit of encouragement would be nice especially
as they are charging practically the price of a set of scales for the privilage.......[evil]

Well done ,grumpy.i know what u mean.....never mind,u keep up the good work.5 stars from me.!!!;)

dragonfly
08-Jun-09, 18:31
well done Grumpy1, don't let the motivation wane because of your experience, maybe even next week mention it to them, could be they don't even know they're not being as enthusiastic as they could be with new members

otherwise as starry suggests get a group of friends/org members and do weekly weigh in's at each others houses, sure everyone who needs to be on a diet has plenty of recipes/meal suggestions to make up your own eating plans (I certainly do!!) ;)

balto
08-Jun-09, 19:33
as they are charging practically the price of a set of scales for the privilage.......[evil]yeah go grumpy1 lol, no seiously well done. i have heard this about the thurso class before, doesnt do your confidence any. i myself started a diet today, so we can now cheer each other on lol.:Razz

purplelady
08-Jun-09, 23:35
The times i went to scottish slimmers i found the same trouble is they have no competition do they wish we could get weightwatchers or slimming world here x

grumpy1
09-Jun-09, 08:51
The times i went to scottish slimmers i found the same trouble is they have no competition do they wish we could get weightwatchers or slimming world here x
just say it...weight watchers would be great..i would go in a shot

Max
09-Jun-09, 10:00
Well done - keep up the good work!

grumpy1
09-Jun-09, 11:52
thanks to all who are being really supportive yr kind words are really inspiring...maybe i'll save my weigh in fee and just post on here....if i save it each week, i'll just take u guys out for a drink. when i reach my target weight...how does that sound.......

Thumper
09-Jun-09, 12:21
I went to the Thurso one too-came out in tears and vowed never to go back-they didnt even bother to speak or introduce themselves!Just threw a folder my way,told me my weight and that was it!x

ShelleyCowie
09-Jun-09, 13:18
Well done Grumpy1! :Razz Big smiles for u from me!

I went back to scottish slimmers but found that i could not actually afford it because of what they charged. And i told them i would not make it every week so i ended up paying £10 each time i went! Mental just to stand on a scales.

I stopped going because of the price it was costing me. I dont eat completely healthy. if i want a jaffa cake then i will have that jaffa cake! I exercise loads anyways!

Keep at it grumpy1!

Rheghead
09-Jun-09, 15:17
Well done for losing some weight and taking a positive step towards a healthier lifestyle.:Razz

Anji
09-Jun-09, 17:57
Well done, grumpy1. Most of us have tried to lose weight at some time in our lives, and we know how hard it is.
I think you should consider Starry's suggestion. Makes sense to me, having a fun morning/afternoon with your pals, with one of you coming away with the dosh at the end of the month, and all of you encouraging each other in the weight loss.

daz
10-Jun-09, 20:10
well done for taking the step and goin to scottish slimmers,and well done on your weight loss,the lady doing slimmers is just a stand in as the manager is of sick at the moment, but dont give up,keep going and and keep up with the good work,but please dont tar everyone with the same brush,cause i kno alot who go to slimmers and not one person has had anything negative to say about the manager,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grumpy1
11-Jun-09, 09:25
well done for taking the step and goin to scottish slimmers,and well done on your weight loss,the lady doing slimmers is just a stand in as the manager is of sick at the moment, but dont give up,keep going and and keep up with the good work,but please dont tar everyone with the same brush,cause i kno alot who go to slimmers and not one person has had anything negative to say about the manager,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well thankyou for the support.... i dont mean to be negative about anyone in particular..but im a great belliever in if you are going to do a job you do it well...and if being a mentor for something as sensitive as weight loss a little bit of enthusiasm for the job wouldnt go a miss..especially when your working so closely with someones feelings...i appreciate not everyone feels like this but hey some of us do....

dragonfly
11-Jun-09, 10:18

maybe the manager should have a word with the stand-in and let them know how their attitude is being perceived?

cuddlepop
11-Jun-09, 10:29
Well done for you for even trying far too many cant even be bothered trying....me included:Razz

As others have suggested get a group of like minded friends and do it yourself.:D

What a rip off.:(