PDA

View Full Version : Dental rip-off.

joxville
08-Jun-09, 17:15
I'm just been to the dentist for a check-up. Sat in the chair, dentist looks in gob and says I need to make an appointment with the hygenist-about 20 seconds total time!!!! That'll be £16.50 thankyou very much. [disgust]

A possible £49.50 per min/£2970 per hour-nice work if you can get it.

So much for being registered with an NHS dentist, cosmetic work has to be paid for privately.

I'm bloody fuming.[evil]

tonkatojo
08-Jun-09, 17:54
I'm just been to the dentist for a check-up. Sat in the chair, dentist looks in gob and says I need to make an appointment with the hygenist-about 20 seconds total time!!!! That'll be £16.50 thankyou very much. [disgust]

So much for being registered with an NHS dentist, cosmetic work has to be paid for privately.

I'm bloody fuming.[evil]

Think yourself lucky, my wife pays £15 a month just to have a dentist, private it's called, a bloody disgrace I call it and wouldn't pay it on principal, besides it would be £30 a month then. She still has to pay for all treatment only gets 3 hygiene appointments free, after which she complains of toothache after them.

EDDIE
08-Jun-09, 22:50

I'm bloody fuming.[evil]

Keep going to the nhs dentist im private and i pay £100 for a filling

Kevin Milkins
08-Jun-09, 23:37
I'm just been to the dentist for a check-up. Sat in the chair, dentist looks in gob and says I need to make an appointment with the hygenist-about 20 seconds total time!!!! That'll be £16.50 thankyou very much.

I'm bloody fuming.[evil]

If I was paying £2970 per hour to get my pearly whites in top nick I would be very keen to show them off with a big:D and not[evil].lol

You are lucky Jox as we have been on the NHS waiting list here in Caithness for over two years.

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Jun-09, 01:22

I'm bloody fuming.[evil]

I feel your pain, so to speak. Geography sucks.

Metalattakk
09-Jun-09, 03:11

And so it should be. It's the National Health Service, not the National Make-Me-Look-Good Service. ;)

joxville
09-Jun-09, 07:18
And so it should be. It's the National Health Service, not the National Make-Me-Look-Good Service. ;)

You can't improve on perfection but it has to be maintained. [lol]

joxville
09-Jun-09, 07:20
And another thing, the dentist is a foreigner.....hasn't take him long to catch on to rip-off Britain.

ShelleyCowie
09-Jun-09, 13:35
Count urself lucky Jox! I went to a dentist last year and got told i needed over £3000 worth of work! And that was just for braces! No way could i ever afford that because they wanted half up front. Never been to a dentist since. :confused