PDA

View Full Version : Multi-pack cigarettes

angela5
11-Mar-06, 23:03
My husband purchased a packet of cigarettes this morning (surprised they even had any) yes, i am going to say meiklejohns in thurso road. When we arrived back home i was astounded to discover they were part of a multi-pack. Is this not against the law? selling multi-pack items.
I did not go back to the shop, i just decided enough is enough i am fed up of their service. Lack of i should say. The sooner this shop gets sold on the better.[mad] Has any one else noticed this?

connieb19
11-Mar-06, 23:05
Some folk are not shy!!! [mad]

windowman
11-Mar-06, 23:10
i notice the shop has been sold

2little2late
11-Mar-06, 23:20
My husband purchased a packet of cigarettes this morning (surprised they even had any) yes, i am going to say meiklejohns in thurso road. When we arrived back home i was astounded to discover they were part of a multi-pack. Is this not against the law? selling multi-pack items.
I did not go back to the shop, i just decided enough is enough i am fed up of their service. Lack of i should say. The sooner this shop gets sold on the better.[mad] Has any one else noticed this?

What you should have done was contacted trading standards. They should not be allowed to get away with this.

angela5
12-Mar-06, 00:36
What you should have done was contacted trading standards. They should not be allowed to get away with this.

That's what i would of done..it's illegal to sell items from multi packs as a single..

ice box
12-Mar-06, 11:02
They can't get away with this if they are a multi pack it should be sold as a multi and not split they can be prosecuted for that if it was me buy them i would sayed there and then roggs .

jambo
12-Mar-06, 13:00
what is ur problem with meiklejohns shop gersa this is the second thread u have started slagging them of.

ice box
12-Mar-06, 13:14
what is ur problem with meiklejohns shop gersa this is the second thread u have started slagging them of.
well were do u want to start

molly dolly
12-Mar-06, 13:22
I noticed on my way home at 2am the police where at meiklejohns shop and no before anyone says it i was not that drunk and i remember seeing them their . lol

ice box
12-Mar-06, 13:26
I noticed on my way home at 2am the police where at meiklejohns shop and no before anyone says it i was not that drunk and i remember seeing them their . lol
well nothing would of been stolen coz there 's nothing to steal the shop is practicaly empty how they could be making any money it must cost them a fortune to keep it open .

molly dolly
12-Mar-06, 13:29
well nothing would of been stolen coz there 's nothing to steal the shop is practicaly empty how they could be making any money it must cost them a fortune to keep it open .
That is true but meiklejohn's don't open at 2am for the polices donut round do they??????

ice box
12-Mar-06, 13:34
That is true but meiklejohn's don't open at 2am for the polices donut round do they??????
May be they got a tip off on the on the dodgy fags lol !!!!!!!!!

molly dolly
12-Mar-06, 13:41
May be they got a tip off on the on the dodgy fags lol !!!!!!!!!
Maybe they did get a tip of to the police

angela5
12-Mar-06, 13:50

Second thread okay detective jambo, firstly, i was making a comment about the shop being bare, usually a sign they are selling up. Secondly about selling multi-pack cigarettes. I don't really have a problem seems my comments on meiklejohns suggest to you i have. Maybe this is because you seem to have a problem with certain people. Parisite was it you called Jackie Gunn? I am in no way on here name calling the owners.
And yes i had a read of your posts too.[lol]

molly dolly
12-Mar-06, 14:03
Second thread okay detective jambo, firstly, i was making a comment about the shop being bare, usually a sign they are selling up. Secondly about selling multi-pack cigarettes. I don't really have a problem seems my comments on meiklejohns suggest to you i have. Maybe this is because you seem to have a problem with certain people. Parisite was it you called Jackie Gunn? I am in no way on here name calling the owners.
And yes i had a read of your posts too.[lol]
well said gersa [lol]

jambo
12-Mar-06, 14:55
just thought it strange to make 2 posts about meiklejohns and not have a problem with the owners.as for my post about parasite i still stand by it.