PDA

View Full Version : dentist

devon lass
11-Mar-06, 20:37
Please can anyone recommend a dentist in Wick or Thurso or within a 50 mile radius that is not too expensive all help would be very grateful.
NHS or private.:grin:

Katy
11-Mar-06, 20:42
My father-in-law ended up in Brora this week at the NHS denist who was very good and he said he wasn't expensive at all something like £5 for seeing him which to me sounds very cheap.

Think he got an appointment quickly too.

Hope your not in too much pain and get taken quickly, nothing worse than teeth ache.

Kx

Alice in Blunderland
11-Mar-06, 20:44
:lol: :lol: :( That could be challenge I am also looking for a reasonably priced dentist my one wants just under £700 for a bridge and a filling think false teeth would be easier!:confused:

badger
11-Mar-06, 20:46
It's a nightmare and no sign yet of the promised dental college in Wick. Think the hospitals have to treat emergencies but am not sure. Good luck.

devon lass
11-Mar-06, 22:53
We were seen by a dentist in golspie our first visit and was charged £135 for a check up for myself and my husband and a scale and polish.We were told we both needed root canal treatment on one tooth for my husband and two for me at £ 200 each a total of £600 one of my teeth i decided to have out(lots of trouble with before) dentist was not very helpful.Remade appt for later date, 3 days before appt rang dentist to say couldnt make it had hospital appt in inverness been waiting for this long time.The dentist said it was inconveinent try to cancel the hospital appt i said i cant its to do with my Heart and this was more important apologised and said can i remake appt he slammed the phone down on me hence the need to find a dentist.Wont be going back to them.Hopefully we will find one soon with everyones help.:(

Fran
12-Mar-06, 01:45
devon lass if you have heart problem you will definetly be seen by the nhs dentist at caithness general hospital tel 605050 and you will not have too long to wait for appointment, he also does crowns, false teeth etc and is very good.De
We were seen by a dentist in golspie our first visit and was charged £135 for a check up for myself and my husband and a scale and polish.We were told we both needed root canal treatment on one tooth for my husband and two for me at £ 200 each a total of £600 one of my teeth i decided to have out(lots of trouble with before) dentist was not very helpful.Remade appt for later date, 3 days before appt rang dentist to say couldnt make it had hospital appt in inverness been waiting for this long time.The dentist said it was inconveinent try to cancel the hospital appt i said i cant its to do with my Heart and this was more important apologised and said can i remake appt he slammed the phone down on me hence the need to find a dentist.Wont be going back to them.Hopefully we will find one soon with everyones help.:(

Liz
12-Mar-06, 14:39
Fran do you know if there are any other health problems that make someone eligible to see the hospital Dentist?

I haven't been able to get a dentist for about three years now and it is very worrying.:(

ice box
12-Mar-06, 16:55
i think i will need the dentist next year ok just now http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/spicesices/dental-new-year.jpg

krieve
12-Mar-06, 16:59
i here he is good lolhttp://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/114023.jpg

devon lass
12-Mar-06, 17:09
thankyou Katy i will try brora ,I love all the photos .also if my tooth plays up too much i will give the NHS a call but thanks for all your help everyone.
KEEP SMILING:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Katy
12-Mar-06, 23:38
Sorry got it wrong it was Helmsdale he went too - partner just told me that I got it wrong!! No idea why I thought it was Brora!

Good luck

Kxx

Fran
13-Mar-06, 02:26
Fran do you know if there are any other health problems that make someone eligible to see the hospital Dentist?

I haven't been able to get a dentist for about three years now and it is very worrying.:(
Most long term medical problems such as heart conditions, diabetics, ms,kidney conditions, parkinsons sufferers etc etc are all seen by the hospital dentist. also there is an advert on moray firth radio advertising a new nhs dentist in Inverness who are taking in new patients. If you dont hear it you could phone the radio station, but i think you should phone the hospital first as im sure you would be seen there.

Liz
13-Mar-06, 13:53
Thanks Fran!:o)