PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts in Thurso

SunsetSong
06-Jun-09, 11:32
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any particular ghost or spooky stories for in and around Thurso itself. Have heard the tale of the man who lived in Janet Street and was drowned crossing the river but any other good tales! Hoping to possibly organise ghost walk or similar at some stage!!

thirsaloon
06-Jun-09, 19:16
There are a couple more relating to Thurso on the go. Some however have just been made up by people trying to keep other others going but now they seem to be taken as fact that it did happen.

joxville
06-Jun-09, 19:42
There's many a Thursonian that has seen spirits...too much of the bottled variety. :D

thirsaloon
06-Jun-09, 19:58
There's many a Thursonian that has seen spirits...too much of the bottled variety. :D

Indeed, but I wouldnt just stop at Thursonians :lol:

Fstevens
06-Jun-09, 20:04
Hi, I would love to go on a Ghost tour of either Wick or Thurso, please
keep me informed if you can get one going, willing to help you, if need be.

Regards Fay:)[evil]

Kevin Milkins
06-Jun-09, 22:35
I don't believe in ghosts (well I never used too) and I was having a look at some old video clips that I did of an holiday in Italy a few years ago and now I am not so sure.:eek:

I was sat on a hill doing a video of a car going up a winding hill and when the car went behind some trees the strangest thing hapened and I never noticed it untill 5 years later.

Have a look at the clip and you decide.:confused

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/th_KevinMilkinsItaly.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/?action=view&current=KevinMilkinsItaly.flv)

katarina
06-Jun-09, 22:57
why did i know that was going to happen? I must be psychic!

Vistravi
07-Jun-09, 02:42
There are many ghosts in thurso. My sister could tell you all quite a few tales about them as she has seen them as she has the same psyhic gift my dad had. I have it a wee bit in the sense that i know when a spook is in a room as my eye is drawn to a spot and i always feel as i'm not alone.
In fact in the flat i'm living in in the lobby of the flat house when i come home from working in the pub at night i always feel as if someone is trying to push me into my flat and has followed me home. the flast are new builds so don't know bout that one. Shall have to see what my sister sees when she is done next week.
One story that strikes me in thruso bout ghosts is in the old kirk view near the beach. my sister has seen lots of ghosts at the gate of kirk view trying to get out, with one male ghost looming over them. she thinks after alot of research that theyre trying to get to their graves which are where the road is now. i don't like being near kirk view esp at night as i get a very horrible feeling when i look at it and i used to get that before my sister told me what she saw. she won't go near the place. Also one of my friends has taken randam pics of the inside of kirk view from up on a wall and found some very interesting things when he developed the photos. The photos are now over in orkney being analysed. I ask anyone who does not beleive in ghosts to have a look when they are realeased as you will defintly change your mind after seeing the pics. you can see the white forms of at least twenty ghosts in the pic.
Also there is a man on the elin bridge that drowned/killed himself. every night he sits waiting for the tide to go up so he can die again.

gee
07-Jun-09, 13:04
the old kirk is quite spooky. what about the brewery that was in meadow lane

funky-dunky
07-Jun-09, 13:13
I don't believe in ghosts (well I never used too) and I was having a look at some old video clips that I did of an holiday in Italy a few years ago and now I am not so sure.:eek:

I was sat on a hill doing a video of a car going up a winding hill and when the car went behind some trees the strangest thing hapened and I never noticed it untill 5 years later.

Have a look at the clip and you decide.:confused

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/th_KevinMilkinsItaly.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/?action=view&current=KevinMilkinsItaly.flv)

that was good it even made me jump, i had my speakers upto the full when i watched it lol. xx

Mr P Cannop
07-Jun-09, 13:13
There are many ghosts in thurso. My sister could tell you all quite a few tales about them as she has seen them as she has the same psyhic gift my dad had. I have it a wee bit in the sense that i know when a spook is in a room as my eye is drawn to a spot and i always feel as i'm not alone.
In fact in the flat i'm living in in the lobby of the flat house when i come home from working in the pub at night i always feel as if someone is trying to push me into my flat and has followed me home. the flast are new builds so don't know bout that one. Shall have to see what my sister sees when she is done next week.
One story that strikes me in thruso bout ghosts is in the old kirk view near the beach. my sister has seen lots of ghosts at the gate of kirk view trying to get out, with one male ghost looming over them. she thinks after alot of research that theyre trying to get to their graves which are where the road is now. i don't like being near kirk view esp at night as i get a very horrible feeling when i look at it and i used to get that before my sister told me what she saw. she won't go near the place. Also one of my friends has taken randam pics of the inside of kirk view from up on a wall and found some very interesting things when he developed the photos. The photos are now over in orkney being analysed. I ask anyone who does not beleive in ghosts to have a look when they are realeased as you will defintly change your mind after seeing the pics. you can see the white forms of at least twenty ghosts in the pic.
Also there is a man on the elin bridge that drowned/killed himself. every night he sits waiting for the tide to go up so he can die again.

whats the best times to go and have a look ??

slinky
07-Jun-09, 14:02
when darkness creeps in paul ,u have to be alone though or the ghostie wont come out .

Mr P Cannop
07-Jun-09, 14:41
what time ??

slinky
07-Jun-09, 14:44
when its really quiet id say 2 oclock sunday night is ideal

Mr P Cannop
07-Jun-09, 14:54
u mean 2am monday morning ??

dragonfly
07-Jun-09, 15:53
Paul, your being wound up by Slinky.........there is no special time to go, ghosts don't appear at a certain time its just luck (good or bad depending if you want to see them or not!)

gleeber
07-Jun-09, 17:45
I dont believe in ghosts but I saw one behind St Andrews church (funeral parlour) in November 1970. :eek: It freaked me at the time and I didnt hang about to ask any questions. I took off, ran as fast as i could, got home jumped into bed and pulled the clothes over my head. I had a few drinks but not that much.

unicorn
07-Jun-09, 18:11
I used to spend a lot of time in old St Peters as a kid, the stones fascinated me.
I remember my last visit it was a lovely summer afternoon and I was there with a friend I was looking at something when I felt this heavy hand come down on my shoulder (almost old bobby type) I said oh yeah like that scared me and laughed, only to turn and look and see my friend about 30 feet away :eek:......spooked me ever so slightly.

Vistravi
07-Jun-09, 18:14
Anytime after it is fully dark. you won't be able to see anything if you don't have any ability to do so but like my friend who took the pics you can that way.

feegilmour
07-Jun-09, 19:00
i saw 1 years ago on the road fae thurso to wick old hall i think its called walked out into middle of road then walked rite through the car we all had goosebumps i can tell you

Vistravi
07-Jun-09, 19:09
I used to spend a lot of time in old St Peters as a kid, the stones fascinated me.
I remember my last visit it was a lovely summer afternoon and I was there with a friend I was looking at something when I felt this heavy hand come down on my shoulder (almost old bobby type) I said oh yeah like that scared me and laughed, only to turn and look and see my friend about 30 feet away :eek:......spooked me ever so slightly.

:eek: not nice unicorn. sounds like it was the looming ghost. Perhaps a minister maybe?