PDA

View Full Version : Brown on the way out?

scorrie
05-Jun-09, 16:04
Bookmakers Paddy Power have already paid out bets on Gordon Brown leaving his post before the end of August.

From their website comes the following:-

Brown and Out?
In political terms the Prime Minister is Brown Bread - actually it looks like he's toast and to prove it we've already paid out on the Prime Minister to leave his post before the end of August.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/230x99_browntoast.gif

What do you think?

ps Talking of bets, I have wagered that this post will get less replies than the one with two hash marks and two closing brackets. ;)

teenybash
05-Jun-09, 16:22
Afraid he looks to be a dying duck........doubt if anything can save him now. He should do the dignified thing and bow out gracefully....

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Jun-09, 16:49
Gordon Brown to speak in next few minutes - resigning?

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Jun-09, 16:57
'I will not waver, I will not walk away' - Brown.

Coming across as a man desperately clinging on to power.

lister
05-Jun-09, 17:00
Bookmakers Paddy Power have already paid out bets on Gordon Brown leaving his post before the end of August.

From their website comes the following:-

Brown and Out?
In political terms the Prime Minister is Brown Bread - actually it looks like he's toast and to prove it we've already paid out on the Prime Minister to leave his post before the end of August.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/230x99_browntoast.gif

What do you think?

ps Talking of bets, I have wagered that this post will get less replies than the one with two hash marks and two closing brackets. ;)

Even if he is Toast he'll be replaced by an equally inept and puppet controlled face on th tv from whatever pary.
I often think the comedy show Yes Minister has a very accurate take on the government and is always and forever being run from faceless powerful organisers in the back rooms and are only interested in there own common goals not yours.

1st lesson in life : Dont trust no one,especially polititions.

joxville
05-Jun-09, 17:01
Will his successor to a better job? I doubt it so we'd be as well sticking with him for the time being.

percy toboggan
05-Jun-09, 19:02
Do you think there is anyone in Government who would have handled the economic ructions of the last six months better than Gordon Brown ?

Sometimes you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

I'm not keen on Brown but recognise his strengths and his weaknesses. He is not a good communicator but he is a dedicated and skilled politician. Unfortunately, on matters other than economic he is also wrong most of the time.

The smarmy, smug backstabber Purnell - an Oxford Graduate parachuted into his constituency (near me) deserves to be consigned to the waste bin of politics and that fake, grinning witch Blears and her pathetically self-serving 'rocking the boat badge' will be out on her ear when Martin Bell stands in Salford - or some other high calibre figure in a white suit. I've sent mine to the dry cleaners just in case the call comes.

MadPict
05-Jun-09, 21:01
"I will not waver. I will not walk away. I will wobble and I will worry. I will wring my hands. I will wonder where it went wrong. I will wait. Then I'll walk..." is what he really said...

I wonder if he'll still be in office by next Friday?

Liz
05-Jun-09, 22:47
Will his successor to a better job? I doubt it so we'd be as well sticking with him for the time being.

Maybe it's a case of 'better the devil we know'? Who on Earth would we replace him with anyway?

Rheghead
06-Jun-09, 01:23
"I will not waver. I will not walk away. I will wobble and I will worry. I will wring my hands. I will wonder where it went wrong. I will wait. Then I'll walk..." is what he really said...

I wonder if he'll still be in office by next Friday?

Yep, reminded me of Maggie when she said the ballot went in her favor but she conceded that there will be a second ballot and she was looking forward to leading the Tories at the next General election. She never saw the week out.

Kevin Milkins
06-Jun-09, 08:37
Maybe it's a case of 'better the devil we know'? Who on Earth would we replace him with anyway?

Lets have Boris in for a while as at least he will cheer everyone up.:Razz

BBC NEWS | England | London | Boris Johnson stumbles into river (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8082995.stm) :lol:

percy toboggan
06-Jun-09, 09:00
Can anyone explain to me why politics are no longer talked about and it's all personality driven?
While I'm waiting allow me to add two penneth on the personality agenda...

Backstabber Purnell - who thought he was leading a revolt than glanced over his shoulder and he was on his own...only time will tell if this smarm-bag finally has his day. To me he is reminiscent of Blair and being a a career politician devalues his credentials in my book.
Then there's 'Our Woman Flint' you'd certainly not want the likes of her standing shoulder to shoulder with you in the trenches...she supports Brown one night, Thursday I think it was but doesn't get a cabinet place so all bets are off by the very next day!
...shes ramping up the treachery. Complaining of being used as 'window dressing'whilst flouncing up Downing Street in a knee length skirt with a split up the back revealing glimpses of half-decent thigh....Margaret Beckett would never do that...
speaking of old horse-mush I'm glad she has gone too....and is no doubt already snarling up traffic behind her twin axled Monza. I don't thonk she has ever uttered a single inspiring sentence.

We have a Minister of Defence who has decided to 'do other things' John Hutton shows the kind of commitment completely alien to our
soldiers fighting an unwinnable war and dying almost daily. It's handy when you can just walk away isn't it?

Britain is in a mess while these 'Nero's' are fiddling about with the seating arrangements. Where are the policies...what are the issues? From what I can see Britain has not been governed properly all of this year .

Look at the Labour front bench and ask who will do a better job than Brown at the moment. EVen leading contender Alan Johnson admitted that he himself 'couldn't'.

An election in this febrile atmosphere will NOT address the main issues facing the country - rather become a witch-hunt over expenses and settling old scores.

More than anything we need a few months of stability , which a summer recess might bring, a better autumn than last with perhaps a few green shoots leading us in to a General Election in Spring, next year.

These gits in Westminster owe those who have lost, or are in fear of losing their jobs a little more than just self-preservation and career building.

Humerous Vegetable
06-Jun-09, 11:27
[quote=percy toboggan;557811].

An election in this febrile atmosphere will NOT address the main issues facing the country - rather become a witch-hunt over expenses and settling old scores.

There's nothing wrong with settling old scores. These people have set up a system whereby they can lie to and steal from the taxpaying citizens of this country, and arrogantly assumed that they would never be found out. When they are discovered with their trotters in the till, they bleat on about how unfair the criticism is and that they're being picked on for not covering their tracks well enough. It is time for an election. Then we can judge, from their manifestos, what each party intends to do about the endemic corruption at Westminster and vote accordingly.

tonkatojo
06-Jun-09, 11:54
[quote=percy toboggan;557811].

There's nothing wrong with settling old scores. These people have set up a system whereby they can lie to and steal from the taxpaying citizens of this country, and arrogantly assumed that they would never be found out. When they are discovered with their trotters in the till, they bleat on about how unfair the criticism is and that they're being picked on for not covering their tracks well enough. It is time for an election. Then we can judge, from their manifestos, what each party intends to do about the endemic corruption at Westminster and vote accordingly.

Perhaps the magnificent Glorious EU will issue a directive, that should sort them out, they will obey with tails between the legs.

wifie
06-Jun-09, 12:44
@Lister - you have a point methinks - Yes Minister was frighteningly true.

@joxville - yep give the guy a chance - a lot of the stuff our eyes have been opened to have been going on forever and a day and he cannot be blamed for them.

@Percy - White suit? Do you have a medallion too and are you up for a bit of Saturday Night Fever yet? ;)

@Kev - aye mibbe yer right we need a bloomin good laugh - stop us all cryin anyway!

@Percy - most life is personality driven because the darling media is turning the masses into shallow spendthrifts.
"old horse mush" and "revealing glimpses of half-decent thigh" - you see none of us can totally separate our personal taste from policies and actions or can we?

IMHO I feel politics should be modernised and all the public schoolboy "here here" crap and woolsacks and men in tights should be dumped. History is important but when it is used to just give more pomp to these already pompous gits it is a waste of time! What is really achieved by jumping up and down to a despatch box and slaggin the other side?

Liz
06-Jun-09, 13:17
Lets have Boris in for a while as at least he will cheer everyone up.:Razz

BBC NEWS | England | London | Boris Johnson stumbles into river (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8082995.stm) :lol:

Aw I love Boris!!!:lol:

wifie
06-Jun-09, 13:26
Me too! There's just something about him isn't there liz? :)

crayola
07-Jun-09, 00:07
Can anyone explain to me why politics are no longer talked about and it's all personality driven?
While I'm waiting allow me to add two penneth on the personality agenda...

Backstabber Purnell - who thought he was leading a revolt than glanced over his shoulder and he was on his own...only time will tell if this smarm-bag finally has his day. To me he is reminiscent of Blair and being a a career politician devalues his credentials in my book.
Then there's 'Our Woman Flint' you'd certainly not want the likes of her standing shoulder to shoulder with you in the trenches...she supports Brown one night, Thursday I think it was but doesn't get a cabinet place so all bets are off by the very next day!
...shes ramping up the treachery. Complaining of being used as 'window dressing'whilst flouncing up Downing Street in a knee length skirt with a split up the back revealing glimpses of half-decent thigh....Margaret Beckett would never do that...
speaking of old horse-mush I'm glad she has gone too....and is no doubt already snarling up traffic behind her twin axled Monza. I don't thonk she has ever uttered a single inspiring sentence.

We have a Minister of Defence who has decided to 'do other things' John Hutton shows the kind of commitment completely alien to our
soldiers fighting an unwinnable war and dying almost daily. It's handy when you can just walk away isn't it?

Britain is in a mess while these 'Nero's' are fiddling about with the seating arrangements. Where are the policies...what are the issues? From what I can see Britain has not been governed properly all of this year .

Look at the Labour front bench and ask who will do a better job than Brown at the moment. EVen leading contender Alan Johnson admitted that he himself 'couldn't'.

More than anything we need a few months of stability , which a summer recess might bring, a better autumn than last with perhaps a few green shoots leading us in to a General Election in Spring, next year.

These gits in Westminster owe those who have lost, or are in fear of losing their jobs a little more than just self-preservation and career building.
Good grief, I've just read the whole of a long percy pronouncement and I find very little I can disagree with!

It's a pity I didn't read it before I bumped into Douglas Alexander this afternoon. I think a cabinet minister would have been delighted to hear of a BNP voter expressing support for Gordon Brown. :D

Caroline Flint's volte face was truly disingenuous, possibly the worst example I have ever seen and far worse than any expenses scandal in my opinion.

Aaldtimer
07-Jun-09, 03:17
Hell hath no fury.....!!![disgust]

kmahon2001
07-Jun-09, 12:43
I hope Gordon Brown continues to fight on. He has put various mechanisms in place for the recovery of the economy and they need time to work. We need to give them that time before we decide if he was right or wrong.

I think Brown honestly feels he's done the right thing and that his great plan will work. I also think that he's a decent enough man that if he got to the point where he didn't feel he was right, he would accept that failure and resign. He may not be everyone's idea of a charismatic leader, but he is an honest politician who is trying to do the right thing for the country (not many others can say that, including his self-serving ambitious former colleagues like Blears, Purnell, Flint etc).

There is no-one else in the labour party who could do his job even half as well as he is and if the labour backbenchers and rebelling cabinet ministers would stop and look, they would realise that they do not stand a chance of winning an election at the moment, even if they replace Gordon Brown. With all the divisions in the party at the moment, voters are hardly likely to feel that the Labour party would be capable of running the country for another term and so Cameron and his mob will get in (now if you want smarm, there's a whole oceanful of oily smugness in one person).

The Labour MPs should show some backbone and scruples and stick by their leader and support him instead of trying to bring him down and therefore destroying their party. If they want to lose the next election, they're certainly going the right way about it. It's not so much a case of "rats leaving a sinking ship", as it is rats trying to scuttle a ship that otherwise could probably weather the storm until the next election at least.[disgust]

Personally, I'm a LibDem supporter, not a Labour supporter, so I have nothing to lose or gain by this opinion. I also think that Nick Clegg has read the whole situation wrong. He is joining with the Tories in calling for an election, but I think this will be an own goal. At the moment voters will simply be looking to vote Labour out and most people will feel that to do that decisively they would have to vote Tory. They will not see the LibDems as being likely to get enough votes to win the election and so even LibDem supporters may vote Tory just for a change of Government. This means that the LibDems could lose seats to the Tories rather than gaining them from Labour.:mad:

MadPict
07-Jun-09, 15:50
He's obviously on the ropes - a PM getting boo'd arriving for a commeration ceremony?

Getting fed up listening to the same old excuses being rattled out like a script by so many different MPs. And Brown is just talking in circles. He has nothing new to say and the rats are leaping off the sinking ship. Brown, wake up and smell the coffee. Time to go and take that sorry bunch of sleazebags with you.....

3of8
08-Jun-09, 00:06
From what I can see Britain has not been governed properly all of this year .
What? Only THIS year?

Is there even anyone on the back benches who could manage? I think there is but they're waiting for the Broon to fall on his sword and will pick up the reins of leading the party after the next election whether they win or not.

3of8
08-Jun-09, 00:08

With this post it's 22 to 24. Close!

trix
08-Jun-09, 16:46
'e ither night i drempt that mr broon wis ma husband.....then a lesbian kissed me, her name wis sandra.

still no sure aboot 'e meanin o'ed.....:confused

tonkatojo
08-Jun-09, 17:09
'e ither night i drempt that mr broon wis ma husband.....then a lesbian kissed me, her name wis sandra.

still no sure aboot 'e meanin o'ed.....:confused

Strike alight, you have some problems. :eek: :roll:

oldmarine
08-Jun-09, 18:36
At this time it does look bad for Brown. Much like what happened to Bush before he finished his 8 years in office. There are some who are already criticising Obama for the manner in which he is governing. We never know how politicians will be rated until many years down the road. I remember Churchill when he went through periods of popularity and unpopularity. I have always believed he had a difficult job to do during difficult times.

percy toboggan
08-Jun-09, 21:22
Brown will stay. There is no credible alternative this close to an election.
Labour rules make it too difficult to oust him.

Labour M.P.'s will lose seats in their droves if an election comes sooner rather than as late as possible. The self-serving beggars will have factored this in.

Few men could cope with the pressure Brown has to endure, and I'm not one of them. I feel sorry for the man in a strange kind of way * - he should have stayed next door.

*can't believe I wrote that .

Gleber2
08-Jun-09, 21:35

Labour M.P.'s will lose seats in their droves if an election comes sooner rather than as late as possible. The self-serving beggars will have factored this in.

Few men could cope with the pressure Brown has to endure, and I'm not one of them. I feel sorry for the man in a strange kind of way * - he should have stayed next door.

Neither can I! I seem to agree with you. How strange.

kmahon2001
08-Jun-09, 22:24

Must admit I'm developing a whole new admiration for him. He's acting like a true statesman standing up for what he believes rather than bowing to pressure and running like a coward. They always say that disasters bring out the best and worst in people. This recession and the expenses row seem to have brought out the best in Gordon Brown and the worst in some of his former colleagues.

gleeber
08-Jun-09, 22:35
I must admit I agree with the last few posts. Ive seen him in a new light too. I dont feel sorry for him though because he gets well paid for it.

spurtle
09-Jun-09, 00:09
It seems to me that these ministers resigning are using Gordon Brown as a scapegoat and hoping their calls for him to stand down will deflect from the expenses scandal, and trying to save themselves.I'm not Labour, never have and never will, but this show of spineless, self serving martydom shows them for what they are. Rant rant rant!!!!

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Jun-09, 01:21
I must admit I agree with the last few posts. Ive seen him in a new light too. I dont feel sorry for him though because he gets well paid for it.

You mean your love stops short once someone's earnings reaches a certain level? Tell me, what's the figure?

percy toboggan
09-Jun-09, 08:00

Gleber, he's not well paid at all compared to many in the City and elsewhere.
He's certainly not in it for the money.
Of course, relative to the likes of you, and sadly I, he is rolling in the stuff.
Were I in Gordon's place I'd find sleep hard to come by.

I think your appraisal of him - and mine merely demonstrates our underlying humanity and a certain reluctance to insert the stilleto blade, let alone twist upon the handle.

I'm glad you agreed with my earlier sentiments, this is happening more often - even the likes of top poster 'Crayola' sees some merit in my words these days.

I knew it could all come good in the end - but there is still some way to go ;).

joxville
09-Jun-09, 08:14
I'm glad you agreed with my earlier sentiments, this is happening more often - even the likes of top poster 'Crayola' sees some merit in my words these days.

I knew it could all come good in the end - but there is still some way to go ;).

By 'eck percy lad, the world's your lobster. ;)[lol]

Gleber2
09-Jun-09, 11:02
You said it!!!

Gene Hunt
09-Jun-09, 12:53
Brown was never going to go no matter what anyone said.

He finally got to be in charge of the train set and was never going to give it up, even when it is obviously broken due in no small part by his own actions and he doesnt have a clue how to sort it out. He doesnt give a fig about the country, its all about preserving his time in office until he gets the chance to stand on the Opposition side of the house next summer and blame someone else for his years of mismanagement as Chancellor and PM.

Watching the New Labour parasites start feeding on each other was brilliant, however in typical form they lack the actual spine to ditch the useless oxygen thief they are lined up behind.

Stand by for more New Labour scorched earth policies in the next year while they prepare to stand on the Opposition side of the house after next summer and blame everyone else for what they handed over.

percy toboggan
09-Jun-09, 15:33
I'd like to believe in Labour.
Surely the real 'scorched earth' was left behiond by Thatcher's Conservative cohorts. The only difference with them now is that the old Etonian cabal is back at the helm - the kind of people Maggie didn't really rate!

Whole communites 'scorched' back then, with seams of energy underneath their villages cast out beyond societies caring because of pure dogma, and idealogy.

Riots will return with the Tories, make no mistake about that. The first hot summer as the dole queue nudges three and a half million. Time to man the moats!

Brown is a committed politician. We should make the most of his strengths as we are lumbered with them, and gloss over his weaknesess. The shortcomings mostly involve the way he treats colleagues and his paranoia over plotting.

If anyone else had been at the helm at the time of the banking crisis then the whole shebang would probably have collapsed. If the talents of all our politicians were utilised in a Government of National Unity then Brown would be Chancellor of the Exchequer.

If we really want a perosnable PM, who looks good on camera and can summon a sound-bite from thin air we wouldn't choose Vince Cable would we? - more's the pity.

We had ten years with a smarm-bag, grinning, teflon coated PM - we all knew what we were getting with Brown - Blair decamped to the middle-east and the lecture tour while his old rival got lumbered with the worst economic crisis ever and the expenses expose' that rocked Westminster. Brown rocked, then rolled....he has survived.

Gene Hunt
09-Jun-09, 17:06
Blimey Percy, I find myself agreeing with a lot of what you have been saying lately .. :eek: .. it'll be Dogs and Cats living together in sin next .. ;)

I think its a little bit lame to blame the Tories for the current situation, Labour have been in power since 1997, thats twelve years of our country being run down under THEIR control. Were we better off in 97 ??, had more personal freedom ?? and werent treated like Young Octobrists who need to be to be constantly told what to eat, drink, do, say and think ?? .. I personally think that we are a lot worse off now in many ways than when New Labour slimed into power. I am not a Tory supporter, I despair of all Politicians but its amazing to me that people think that Brown was somehow a saviour in the midst of the banking crisis when his decisions since he was Chancellor did a lot of damage.

This idiot sold almost 50% of our gold reserves against Bank Of England advice when Gold was at an all time low price just to make a quick buck, he has stolen nearly 5 Billion from pension plans along the way, robbed the poorest in society by abolishing the 10p tax rate, hit us with numerous stealth taxes that have quietly drained our disposable incomes, pumped an endless amount of cash into the over managed cash magnet that is the NHS and lumbered us, our children and grandchildren with debt we will paying off. That is to say nothing of committing troops to an illegal war and then not equipping them properly. This man's underfunding of HM Forces has cost lives, he famously said that "a penny on defence is a penny wasted" and when you throw in his cringeworthy Youtube video that he looked demented in I am firmly of the opinion that he is so incompetent that he could fall out of a boat and not hit water.

percy toboggan
09-Jun-09, 17:27
I can live with a PM who looks naff on youtube. False just wasn't in it was it? Poor deluded man that he was.

He should stick to being serious - as he once said 'there is a lot to be serious about'

Take a look around at new hospitals and schools and it's gold well spent. Maybe he went too far, but I can't recall people in the street complaining just how easy it was to borrow money. Myself excluded - and anyone else who was prudent.

Brown's policies have helped to kicked savers in the teeth and I'm one of them - I'm also wise enough to know that some short term pain was/is necessary.

I despair of a return to Conservatism, having a long memory. Major was a rank above Brown in the hopelessness stakes. I almost wish for a hung parliament so that nice Mr.Cable might bepushed to the front - his Boss Clegg is so lightweight though...blimey! I despair.

Incidentally the 10p. tax raid raid was paid back with interest but I admit it was a huge own goal and removed any notion of Brown's old Labour credentials.

kmahon2001
09-Jun-09, 18:13
Brown is a committed politician. We should make the most of his strengths as we are lumbered with them, and gloss over his weaknesess. The shortcomings mostly involve the way he treats colleagues and his paranoia over plotting.

Based on recent events, I'd say his paranoia was well and truly justified! :roll:

scorrie
09-Jun-09, 20:29
It is now official. Paddy Power got it wrong and Gordon is safe (for now)

The odds have changed from 1/4 to a massive 4/1, which is a colossal turnaround. Those odds were on Gordon being out by the end of August. The new favourite in this particular "Race" is March-June 2010, at odds of 1/2

For my money, Governments are a little bit like Football Managers. Every now and then we seem to call for a new one, when the fact is that you are going to get pretty much the same old suspects dealing with the same old problems. The only reason the new faces can't get things working will be that the old faces were mucking it up for so long.

"Well Ron, I'll be looking to get something on the board early doors but the public need to realise that this is a Budget of two halves. If I can bring a fresh pair of legs on late in the day and we can hold our shape, we might nick that away goal and be in Europe next year"

percy toboggan
10-Jun-09, 07:10
Given the fickle nature of the electorate, and the unpredictable ebb and flow of 'events' Goron Brown may well prove to be the ultimate Houdini in political terms. He might even eclipse the 'comeback kid' himself.....Bill Clinton.

I say this in the light of no substantial breakthrough by the Tories and the things Brown could push through before an election to assuage a nations anger and exasperation.

He is of course hampered by a lack of funds but as I have said for many a long year 'it's not just about the economy'.

The next General Election will not turn into a one horse race in my opinion.

Were you surprised by the rapid turnaround of the odds Scorrie ? - before placing bets you have to weigh up the whole field....in this case there was a dearth of accomplished successors.

scorrie
13-Jun-09, 00:02
It is now official. Paddy Power got it wrong and Gordon is safe (for now)

The odds have changed from 1/4 to a massive 4/1, which is a colossal turnaround. Those odds were on Gordon being out by the end of August. The new favourite in this particular "Race" is March-June 2010, at odds of 1/2

For my money, Governments are a little bit like Football Managers. Every now and then we seem to call for a new one, when the fact is that you are going to get pretty much the same old suspects dealing with the same old problems. The only reason the new faces can't get things working will be that the old faces were mucking it up for so long.

"Well Ron, I'll be looking to get something on the board early doors but the public need to realise that this is a Budget of two halves. If I can bring a fresh pair of legs on late in the day and we can hold our shape, we might nick that away goal and be in Europe next year"

There is a rumour that Paddy Power are calling for a Stewards Enquiry, after the following photo was leaked and revealed how Gordon Brown managed to quell the rebellion in the ranks of the Labour Party:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/article-0-0202FE1600000578-912_468x.jpg

crayola
13-Jun-09, 00:08
Top poster? Flattery will get you everywhere but you'll first have to realise that you're agreeing with me and not vice versa. ;)

This country's immigration rules for non EU citizens have been revolutionised recently but no-one on the Org seems to have noticed. :confused

percy toboggan
13-Jun-09, 08:38
Crayola: It's unlikely we'll ever agree on much but I recognise an intrinsic talent when I see it.
Before you get too carried away there are about a dozen others here who share a similar effect upon me ;-)

kmahon2001
13-Jun-09, 10:20
There is a rumour that Paddy Power are calling for a Stewards Enquiry, after the following photo was leaked and revealed how Gordon Brown managed to quell the rebellion in the ranks of the Labour Party:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/article-0-0202FE1600000578-912_468x.jpg

#
#
#
#
Well that seems to me like a very reasonable approach to take with anyone looking to follow the likes of Purnell and Blears! [lol]

I see she's apologised - well that does makes it all right now, doesn't it.:roll:

percy toboggan
13-Jun-09, 19:47
What a desperate last ditch attempt to hold on to the best job she'll ever have. Totally transparent and I hope her pleading falls on the deaf ears of the people of Salford who are canny enough to see right through the woman.

scorrie
14-Jun-09, 00:39
Crayola: It's unlikely we'll ever agree on much but I recognise an intrinsic talent when I see it.
Before you get too carried away there are about a dozen others here who share a similar effect upon me ;-)

Talent, Elastic, Midgie, Jockstrap, Lack