PDA

View Full Version : Seafood Restaurant, Scrabster

Margaret M.
04-Jun-09, 17:08
I see they won Seafood Restaurant of the Year so congratulations to them. I tried to have a meal there when I was over but they were either closed or fully booked, I can't remember which. I must make a greater effort when I'm over this time. If you've eaten there, do you think it is worthy of the award?

divanp75
04-Jun-09, 17:59
I have been twice and it is really great food and environment.

Diane

Aussiewicker
05-Jun-09, 09:25
been many times and never anything but exceptional!

Jim, his wife and staff always deliver. Would recommend to absolutely anyone.... ;)

chef4celebrations
05-Jun-09, 11:39
here here, i agree with the comments so far, i have been in twice and i intend on going again, as i find it well worth it, and always somewhere special to take a loved one on that special occasion.

Amy-Winehouse
06-Jun-09, 10:43
Sorry to be pernickty & off topic but in the report it states that the Captains Galley is only 100ft from the fish quay....Crap reporting by stv as per usual, Its at least 1000ft away- it used to be 100 ft in the 90`s but theyve since modernised Scrabster docks into an unreckonisable place- it s not bad at all i must add :)

Alice in Blunderland
10-Jun-09, 22:29
I was taken there by my husband for my birthday treat a year ago. Everyone found this funny as I dont like seafood that much.:eek:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The dining room is unusual and the meal was lovely. I had fishcakes for starter and they were the best I have tasted Lamb for the main course and I cant remember if I managed a pudding.

For somone who is not fussed on seafood I can recommend it highly. :)

Rheghead
10-Jun-09, 22:40
Great food, not cheap and not enough.

wifie
10-Jun-09, 23:04
I was taken there by my husband for my birthday treat a year ago. Everyone found this funny as I dont like seafood that much.:eek:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The dining room is unusual and the meal was lovely. I had fishcakes for starter and they were the best I have tasted Lamb for the main course and I cant remember if I managed a pudding.

For somone who is not fussed on seafood I can recommend it highly. :)

You had plenty wine then? ;)

wifie
10-Jun-09, 23:05

Ah mind yer portion sizes now Rheggers! ;)

Anne x
10-Jun-09, 23:14

That is what my other half said he had Lamb as main course which made me laugh going to a seafood restaurant

However Jim and Mary came over to chat at the end of our meal which was excellent
I told them the the Smoked Haddock I had as a main was brilliant and just like my mums a compliment in my book
great food great company totally relaxed what else would you expect with the Caithness Ambience and outlook and Sutherland folk

Alice in Blunderland
10-Jun-09, 23:19
You had plenty wine then? ;)

Erm well yes just a little but it tasted sooooo nice. I managed to keep my dignity tho :eek:

Fran
12-Jun-09, 00:40
Is this the old Upper Deck place in Scrabster?

wifie
12-Jun-09, 01:15
No fran - here -

http://www.captainsgalley.co.uk/joomla/content/view/35/40/

Green_not_greed
24-Jun-09, 10:43
I was there again last week. Exceptional quality food in a friendly atmosphere with great staff. A real treat but certainly not one that I can afford regularly.