PDA

View Full Version : Potholes?

bekisman
04-Jun-09, 08:48
"Please Mr, can we have one of these for Wick/Thurso?" A new machine aimed at eradicating the blight of potholes from roads is being used in the north east of Scotland. The "jet patcher" sends a blast of tar into the hole to create a long-term solution. The new device is being used just weeks after Scotland was singled out as having the UK's worst pothole damage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8081764.stm

pat
04-Jun-09, 11:31
Why dont you just log on to

www.fixmystreet.com

and keep on reporting the faults - I eventually manage to get many of my potholes in the area fixed - tenacity gets there!

Just keep on until they do respond - think the coucil see my name and fill the hole quickly now as they know I do not give up

bekisman
04-Jun-09, 13:59
I live 44 miles from the worst in Wick (had 'our' road the U255 resurfaced by chasing folk up) so it can be done, up to the Wickers!;)

weeksider
04-Jun-09, 16:29
Yes the council in Wick/Caithness could do with one kept @ their Albert St depot to do the many holes in roads/lanes in Wick and surrounding areas instead of the barrel/kettles o hot tar and bags of chips thrown down as doing now on roads and not lasting a bang

lister
04-Jun-09, 17:10
[disgust]I too am sick of the pot holes ever since they decided to sort the south road some years ago.to make it as bad as it is must taken some considerable effort and a waste of tax payers money.
I feel sorry for all those people driving lowered vehicles as my mate took me on a run around Wick in one lowered 40mm and nearly lost my teeth/vision in the process not to mention my backside,what a disgrace.

Also a few mates have told me their vehicles are becoming damaged with all these holes and are forking out for bushes,springs,suspension and running gear etc.

Wonder who pays for the roads repair? is it the local council or the fund provided by the road tax?
Either way they're pathetic at it and making a fool of all who contribute to the roads be it road tax or local tax[disgust]

joxville
04-Jun-09, 18:27
"Please Mr, can we have one of these for Wick/Thurso?" A new machine aimed at eradicating the blight of potholes from roads is being used in the north east of Scotland. The "jet patcher" sends a blast of tar into the hole to create a long-term solution. The new device is being used just weeks after Scotland was singled out as having the UK's worst pothole damage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8081764.stm

A road surface breaks through either unforeseen heavy trafficking, damage from misuse or poor construction. To make a lasting repair to the road the pothole needs to be dug deeper, widened and squared off so that a proper mix of asphalt can be laid and rolled. Whilst it's a handy machine to have it definitely isn't a long term solution to the pothole problem-and unless that pothole in the video is on a lightly trafficked road it'll re-appear within a few weeks.

784pete
05-Jun-09, 00:43
I had a rant bout this week or so ago cos thurso is woefull and Bob posted this link and it worked well so come on all click it and harrass them into doin something bout it

Report it here (http://www.fixmystreet.com/) and the report should be sent to the correct maintainer automatically. Have had quite good response to previous pothole reports, albeit on Council roads rather than the A9 itself. Good luck :grin: