PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Chip Van

Macwull
02-Jun-09, 18:55
Drove through to watten from wick tonight to try this highly acclaimed chip van, arrived at five thirty only to find an empty space. :( Nothing mentioned on website apart from mobile schedule resumed dated 21/5/09. I took this as everything was fine and operational, then started thinking I had my days wrong and it wasnt tuesday but yes it is!!!

Surley a business cant operate if its unreliable!!

Wont be driving there again in a hurry, back home now having a baked tattie, Maybe for the best!! Save my waist!! :lol:

chef4celebrations
02-Jun-09, 21:24
i have had certain curcumstances happen today, and was unable to get the chip van ready for the road, obvously there are some people that have perfect lives and nothing goes wrong, (boy do i envy them), and there are somethings that are outwith my control.

I am sorry again but there was nothing i could do, ok i should have updated the web site but like i said i did not have time.

regards

C4C

Macwull
02-Jun-09, 21:34
I completley understand, just my wife was looking forward to some fine fare out of your van. U can imagine my life when you werent there and she had to go back to the town and cook!!! Some Women!!! :cool:

Will maybe venture out in the future.

Thanks for your reply

wifie
02-Jun-09, 23:09
I completley understand, just my wife was looking forward to some fine fare out of your van. U can imagine my life when you werent there and she had to go back to the town and cook!!! Some Women!!! :cool:

Will maybe venture out in the future.

Thanks for your reply

Macwull, you were unable to cook, why? :confused

Macwull
02-Jun-09, 23:20
Cooking is not my best skill!! I'll do pretty much everything else around the house apart from it. Minus breastfeeding which is my oh's job rite now!My oh is such a good cook whereas im such a poor cook!

I have tried and failed miserably on a number of occasions! :)

wifie
02-Jun-09, 23:24
Och as long as you have tried! [lol]

gemma89
03-Jun-09, 18:43
It must run in the family..... excuses that is!! :lol:

upolian
04-Jun-09, 14:14
nothing wrong with his food,when circumstances happen they happen as explained,highly recommended from me :)

sms
04-Jun-09, 15:49
Ive been twice to the mobile chip van in watten and wont be going back,
I will just drive to Wick now for chips.

Mr P Cannop
04-Jun-09, 15:51
Ive been twice to the mobile chip van in watten and wont be going back,
I will just drive to Wick now for chips.

what was wrong with the food ??

mrsbaghdaddy
05-Jun-09, 17:11
just to let everyone know that the mobile chip van is not in Dunbeath tonight as his daughter is not very well.

he sends his apologises to all

gary.b
07-Jun-09, 07:23
That's the thing that's great about the Castletown chipper, it's in the same place every time.

Fisherbigin
10-Jun-09, 21:44
Best chipper in Thurso is Reids the bakers,canna beat the fish suppers in there,must admit the queing is a bit o'a shambles, but what you get is good.:)

edayhouse
13-Jun-09, 18:08
Well after reading lots of posts re the mobile chippie van i finally got to taste their food at the fun day that was on in Thurso - have got to say that i was pretty impressed, the chips were the best chippie chips that i have tasted in a long time!
x