PDA

View Full Version : Cubase?

Olin
02-Jun-09, 13:28
Just posting this because I recently bought a controller for Fruity Loops and was given a copy of Cubase with it.

Just wondering if anyone else uses it and what their recommendations are for recording?

Or if anyone has any other recording programs they'd recommend?

Jeid
02-Jun-09, 16:20
I used to use Cubase, I've just gone over to Pro Tools. Cubase is good, plenty of editing and manipulation can be done. YouTube is gonna be your friend for the next while, plenty of info on there :)

loganbiffy
02-Jun-09, 16:32
I really like Cubase. It all depends what version you have Olin, the ones you get free with stuff are usually trimmed down quite a bit from the full versions. I'm running Cubase SX3 and it has been excellent, I even prefer it to Pro Tools.

Jeid
02-Jun-09, 16:36
I was in the same boat as Logan with Cubase, it's good people. It's definitely a good tool to get you on the road. The lite versions are usually basic as Logan said, but it's less confusing to start with.

buddyrich
02-Jun-09, 21:54
Im playing with the free version just now. Dont like it as much as pro tools but it's certainly a good, intuitive system, hence i am about to plunge into Cubase5. Anyone tried it yet?

Also has anyone used digital performer? Im daisy-chaining two MOTU recorders with cubase and they run great but i wondered what like their own recording software is like. The software that runs the recorders and allows them to run as digital mixers is very cool. The EQ's are suhweeeeeeet!

Selah.

Jeid
02-Jun-09, 23:03
I'd probably stick with Cubase, or look at Reaper. It's free and very easy to use

hotrod4
03-Jun-09, 07:05
I use reaper for my "rock" tracks and sony acid pro for my hip hop.
Reaper is a really easy piece of kit to use and isnt resource hungry.
I sometimes flit between the 2 as some of my VST,s and DX effects may work in one but not the other!!!

If you use MIDI for programming I would recommend Sampletank for playing the sounds as it is awesome and the samples you get for it are very realistic.

For mastering and production I would recommend Waves Mercury and IZotope Ozone, Izotope especially if someone is new to mastering as alot is preset in different styles but Waves seriously rocks with a bit of tweaking.