PDA

View Full Version : Talent Shows

Anne x
01-Jun-09, 23:48
Well okay the Hype that woman and the nation has had shoved down Our throats for weeks is it right though to take someone from obscurity build them up and for what deflate them pass Go to Rehab
As I said in another thread I cringed and cringed for that wee lassie the other night being pushed by her mother
Its a long time Since Hughie Green and his programme which produced Lena Zavaroni one of our most talented young girls and look what happened to her She died and had a sad life suffering from Anorexia
I personally think its time to reign in Reality TV Its so boring and wrecks lives apart from of course the "CELEBRITIES " who earn loads of dosh presenting and crititising and producing those shows
Sadly It is now a way of Life for a lot of people including the General Public of this Country who Vote and keep it all going getting yet another Presenter or Celebrity another award
So Sad really

Kevin Milkins
01-Jun-09, 23:53
What did happen to Lena Zavaroni?:confused

joxville
01-Jun-09, 23:56
What did happen to Lena Zavaroni?:confused

She died too young, battled for years with anorexia.

Kevin Milkins
02-Jun-09, 00:04
She died too young, battled for years with anorexia.

I didn't know that. I think I may be getting her mixed up with Bonnie Langford.:confused

joxville
02-Jun-09, 00:13
I didn't know that. I think I may be getting her mixed up with Bonnie Langford.:confused

They both became famous around the same time, in fact I think they may have worked together at some point. Bonnie Langford I could have gladly throttled, what an annoying voice she had.

Kevin Milkins
02-Jun-09, 00:22
Did Bonie Langford do dancing on ice a while ago?

Anne x
02-Jun-09, 00:25
They both became famous around the same time, in fact I think they may have worked together at some point. Bonnie Langford I could have gladly throttled, what an annoying voice she had.

They went to the same stage school one went on to success the other sadly not

Anne x
02-Jun-09, 00:26

Yes didnt win TG her head is big enough

Aaldtimer
02-Jun-09, 03:21
Old Irish saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!" :(

hotrod4
02-Jun-09, 10:04
If she did would she sqeam and sqeam and sqeam until she was sick!!!!![lol]
(Just william reference)