PDA

View Full Version : Recycling

janette
10-Mar-06, 14:47
Where can I recycle plastic carrier bags?????

cuddlepop
10-Mar-06, 15:27
Janette, I usually hand them into the local charity shops,ours are alwas in need of extra bags.:o)

tillygirl
10-Mar-06, 19:54
Down south the supermarkets have bins for recycling plastic bags. So ask at the shops if they do this and if they don't, maybe they'll start because you've asked.

landmarker
10-Mar-06, 20:58
I wear them on my feet under me porous rigger work boots when it's raining.
However, I realise this does not altogether answer your question !
:-)

Stargazer
10-Mar-06, 22:28
I use them a bin bags. Also, similar to landmarker I take a pair cycling to keep my feet dry if it rains. Cheap and light but not very cool.

Billy Boy
10-Mar-06, 22:39
I re-use them for shopping, and like stargazer i also use some as bin bags

landmarker
10-Mar-06, 22:57
Still on the recycling theme. EVery day I take about fifty tonnes of auld cardboard to a paper mill to be turned into new cardboard. All very green.
Much of our company's output though goes in containers to China believe it or not. Tonnes & Tonnes of old baled waste paper & cardboard so they can convert it into packaging for all the cheap manufactured goods they send here. They do not consume enough in China yet to produce the quantities of old cardboard and paper they need to keep going. You really would not believe what was criss crossing the globe in big boxes on board huge ships.

krieve
10-Mar-06, 23:11
i also re-use my bags for bin bags , and if i run out of prober doggie bags i put two bags together and use them for picking the dogs poo.

JAWS
10-Mar-06, 23:44
At one time, for a short period, Safeways in both Wick and Thurso had a bin for re-cycling plastic carriers. Perhaps the Council could do something similar at the recycling centres or even at the Supermarkets.

janette
11-Mar-06, 00:11
At one time, for a short period, Safeways in both Wick and Thurso had a bin for re-cycling plastic carriers. Perhaps the Council could do something similar at the recycling centres or even at the Supermarkets.

This was the response I was hoping for, but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any bins for plastic carriers there just now. Plenty for paper and bottles. I would like to put them for recyling.