PDA

View Full Version : 1st birthday

Cupcake
01-Jun-09, 21:18
Hi, Its my little girls 1st birthday soon, was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions for her day, thanks x

balto
01-Jun-09, 21:30
hows about a family barbie with a few friends aswell, know a friend who did this, they had a bouncy castle for the kids aswell, they all had a great time.

Dadie
01-Jun-09, 21:32
For Laurens 1st we didnt have a party but were inudated with visitors all day....:eek:
For Ionas 1st we didnt have a party as such but had a birthday tea with cake.
She had a trip to the park, got to eat her cake herself without help, played with the boxes and wrapping paper, and had a good day!
Though I did take a cake to the friday group I go to we didnt make a big thing out of it!
If you are having a birthday party/tea plan it so it suits the bairn ie not when she will be tired and needing a nap, dont have it going on to long 1to 1 1/2 hours is fine!
REMEMBER WHO THE PARTY IS FOR....THE BAIRN!!!
not the adults!

skinnydog
01-Jun-09, 21:35
I now feel like a horrible mum - I didn't bother with a first birthday party as I felt mine would have not known the difference!!

Cupcake
01-Jun-09, 21:40
I now feel like a horrible mum - I didn't bother with a first birthday party as I felt mine would have not known the difference!!

Ah, dont be silly!! I was just wondering if/what other people did for their little ones, she will probs just think its another day too!! I just did'nt know what to do, whether to have a few little ones round, what to make and all that..!! x

NLP
01-Jun-09, 22:16
For my daughters 1st we did have a party it was more a family get together, didn't do the kids thing until her 2nd

joxville
01-Jun-09, 23:43
Why on earth would you want to have a party for a 1yr old? It's not as if they are actually aware of it.

All any 1yr old needs is it's next feed and a regular nappy change.

Gene Hunt
01-Jun-09, 23:51
Invite this Kid .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTxMP4M96Q

Then you can start on the "Thats my daughter !!" paranoia early and it wont be so bad when she hits her teens.

Kevin Milkins
02-Jun-09, 00:00
Great idea to have a party Cupcake.

My grandaughter came to stay last summer (she is nearly ten now) and she was fascinated with all the pictures that we have taken of her growing up and many of them are of her early birthdays and Christmas.:Razz

Anne x
02-Jun-09, 00:40
Sit her in a High Chair surrounded by doting Family having loads of tuck and goodies present cake although only for pics as she is only able to

a) Trying to blew hard with one lit candle( not easy ) For a baby
b) Splat Cake
c)Throw it on Floor
d)Had enough of Parents and grandparents
e) Fall fast asleep with any Luck

but be sure to capture it all on Video as these days happen and are few and far beween and no recapturing ever enjoy your day its only Once

Thumper
02-Jun-09, 12:32
First birthdays are so special you have to mark it.It doesnt have to be a big party but something nice to mark the day.My kids all had 1st birthday parties,usually some wee pals round for some party food in the afternoon and then relatives later on in the day,that way you dont have too many at one time.Oh and I put a huge waterproof tablecloth down on the carpet so that spills didnt matter x

mums angels
02-Jun-09, 23:46
For my little ones 1st birthday two weeks ago we had a little party with my friends little ones (9 kids total) . ranging from ages 4 months to 3 years so we didnt bother with party games or anything they just all had some sandwichs and party food and spent the time playing with the ball pit and her other toys .. all the kids were happy and us mums got a chance to chat and catch up .

i did party bags though , expensive but wanted to send them away with a gift from her special day ( not like she knew what was going on ) i got the younger kids the personalised cutlery sets from sutherlands chemist thurso and older ones just bubbles and normal party bag stuff .

i couldnt let her 1st birthday go by with out anything special, hope your wee one has a lovely day whatever you do :D