PDA

View Full Version : complaint about my dog

gee
01-Jun-09, 13:37
what is going on in this town? im not happy today. someone put complaint in about my dog. i take my dog out regularly, ALWAYS pick up mess and he doesnt even bark when in house. my dog is well behaved and loved. why is there people about that want to cause me hassle.
i see people just leaving mess on ground and walking away, this is something i never do but im the one that gets reported, what is going on

MadPict
01-Jun-09, 13:55
Ask to see the complaint? Maybe you've been the victim of misidentity? To some folk, all dogs look the same......

gee
01-Jun-09, 13:58
thankyou for that. will definitely ask them. tried phonin g dog warden today but she not at work. will call her again tomorrow.

Rheghead
01-Jun-09, 14:09
Are you getting reported or just a verbal warning?:confused

gee
01-Jun-09, 14:31
got note through door from dog warden. im gutted. he good dog and is looked after.

katarina
01-Jun-09, 14:39
what exactly is the complaint about?

gee
01-Jun-09, 14:40
dont know until get hold of warden

BINBOB
01-Jun-09, 14:41
i am sorry to hear this,but i am sure it will be sorted out.try not to worry[ easier said than done].....let us know how it goes.

teenybash
01-Jun-09, 15:55
How awful for you, not to mention the worry a situation like this causes.
No point in saying not too worry as you will do until you find out what it is all about...........Hopefully a genuine mistake and not some pea brain having some sick fun.

balto
01-Jun-09, 16:50
what is going on in this town? im not happy today. someone put complaint in about my dog. i take my dog out regularly, ALWAYS pick up mess and he doesnt even bark when in house. my dog is well behaved and loved. why is there people about that want to cause me hassle.
i see people just leaving mess on ground and walking away, this is something i never do but im the one that gets reported, what is going on
some folk have nowt better to do, than to cause trouble for other folk, fingers crossed for you it will sort itself out.

unicorn
01-Jun-09, 17:34
Some people in this world just are not happy unless they are hurting others.......sad really.

bothyman
01-Jun-09, 17:35
It seems a bit much putting a note through your door about a complaint and not saying what it is about.
Then on top of that, no one is available to tell you what the problem is.
They should at least have given you the courtesy of leaving you a contact number so you could speak to someone about it.
I think you should get an apology for the way you have been informed of the Complaint if nothing else.

oldmarine
01-Jun-09, 18:06

You could be falsely accused with misidentification. If you are doing what is correct, ignore all the charges and let people prove that you are the guilty one.
:Razz:Razz

Kodiak
01-Jun-09, 18:12
Are you sure it is Genuine, or could it just be a Hoax. By the way you describe the way you received the note it sounds slight suspicious to say the least for I feel sure that if they can not contact you for any reason and they put it in writing they have to tell you what the complain is. Dont take what I say as 100% correct for I could be wrong. So I would suggest that if you Phone him then just say :-

"This is "Your Name" and I have been advised that you wish to contact me is this correct?"

Then see what they come back with.

Bazeye
01-Jun-09, 20:06
Find out who reported you and set your dog on them.

DeHaviLand
01-Jun-09, 20:49
So, wait till I get this right. The dog warden put a note through your door, asking you to get in touch with them. That note made no reference to any specific complaint ( which is the correct way to go about things, Data Protection and all that). What you dont say is if the note even mentioned a complaint at all. It obviously didn't say that someone was trying to make trouble for you! So, aren't you jumping the gun a bit here? Wouldn't it have been better to wait until you had at least spoken to the dog warden before venting your spleen? Maybe they just want to lavish praise on you for being a responsible dog owner. Unlikely, I know, but we live in interesting times.

catran
01-Jun-09, 21:25
So, wait till I get this right. The dog warden put a note through your door, asking you to get in touch with them. That note made no reference to any specific complaint ( which is the correct way to go about things, Data Protection and all that). What you dont say is if the note even mentioned a complaint at all. It obviously didn't say that someone was trying to make trouble for you! So, aren't you jumping the gun a bit here? Wouldn't it have been better to wait until you had at least spoken to the dog warden before venting your spleen? Maybe they just want to lavish praise on you for being a responsible dog owner. Unlikely, I know, but we live in interesting times.
Yes interesting times indeed in more ways than one, the stupidity of the warden leaving himself wide open to abuse. I rather think someone is playing a joke. Will be very interesting as how one can make a complaint when the dog is so well looked after, no poo-ing on the public thoroughfare, no barking indoors, no disturbing neighbours and is fed.
Well if it had been me I would be up in arms and -------help the dog warden and all the associated powers that be.

BINBOB
01-Jun-09, 21:34
Find out who reported you and set your dog on them.

not a clever idea...............:roll:

jings00
02-Jun-09, 09:06
lol,, i know the dog, it would be likely to whip the person to death with his waggy tail !! give you a good old licking :-)

concerned resident
02-Jun-09, 09:56
Had same complaint made some years ago down south, Council Card put in door saying complaint made about dog, phone this number, which i did, they sent out person who checked, and found that the dog only barked when someone came to the door, which was as he should. They would not inform me who made the complaint, but i had a mole who worked for the council, and they checked and it was an elderly women four houses down the road, there was no way she could even hear the dog bark, it was no use pursuing the matter, as the poor woman was not all there. What i told the person who came out that they should investigate first, before making allegations, as i could send in complaints about any one i did not like, just to stir it. This took place in a row of bungalows in a village in the country. Not even a town.

Rheghead
02-Jun-09, 11:33
I lived on Castlegreen Road a few years ago and I had a couple next door who had a dog. Every Saturday, the husband was out at work all day and his wife had a Saturday job. They left the dog outside all day every Saturday. It yapped constantly from about 8am to 5pm. I worked shifts then and it nearly drove me to distraction yet I never complained as I am not usually one to do so.

I am sure to this day that they are still totally oblivious to the fact that their dog yaps all day as it hears them before they do on their return and shuts up.

Stefan
02-Jun-09, 15:06
I had the dog warden ring my door bell a few years back. I answered the door and was told that there was a complaint made about my dogs barking in the house and in the garden. The warden then noticed that my dogs obviously weren't in and I replied that they were in the room behind the hall. I invited him in and he got greeted by my dogs, on of them barking a couple of times.
The warden wanted to know if the dogs ever barked in the garden and I opened the back door and let my dogs out, this time the other dog barked a couple of times, setting of several other dogs in the neighbourhood who barked for several minutes, and then returned into the house. With my dog being deaf he couldn't hear the other dogs and never joined in the barking.

The dog warden apologized and said he would visit all the houses in our street as some other dogs seemed rather noisy compared to mine.

I believe the complaint was actually regarding our direct neighbours who had a dog who was barking a lot and making wholes in our fence. I patched the fence all the time but never complained. The poor dog was left outside a lot and was obviously bored....

Tom Cornwall
02-Jun-09, 19:31
I wouldn't complain about dogs, at least you can try to control a dog..the animals I would complain about are CATS... owners take no responsibility for their cat... the cat doesn't mess in their own garden..they dig up their neighbours gardens..costing large amounts of money replacing plants that they ruin..I have bought these cat repeller machines but they don't work..tried lion's dung..that doesn't work..the only thing they seem to dislike is being soaked with a hose..but I never seem to have it ready at the right time..any ideas??

Stefan
02-Jun-09, 19:37
Dogs!
Never have any cats in my garden despite haven aviary birds... my dogs keep them at a distance!
;)

Miss Mack
03-Jun-09, 20:07
I wouldn't complain about dogs, at least you can try to control a dog..the animals I would complain about are CATS... owners take no responsibility for their cat... the cat doesn't mess in their own garden..they dig up their neighbours gardens..costing large amounts of money replacing plants that they ruin..I have bought these cat repeller machines but they don't work..tried lion's dung..that doesn't work..the only thing they seem to dislike is being soaked with a hose..but I never seem to have it ready at the right time..any ideas??
Get a dog Tom;), my 2 keep the neighbours cats at bay.

majic
03-Jun-09, 20:23
I seem to attract strays and a cat moved in, the three dogs i have are scared of her but the same can be said about every other animals that i have. We have a rule in our home we do not eat each other.

Aaldtimer
04-Jun-09, 03:01

As I posted on another thread:-
There's a thing you can use if you are vigilant. can't remember what it's called, but used effectively, can PULT a CAT about 3 feet vertically and 3 feet horizontally at one application!;)

mop top
04-Jun-09, 10:35
Have you heard what the complaint was about yet?

Margaret M.
04-Jun-09, 17:16
As I posted on another thread:-
There's a thing you can use if you are vigilant. can't remember what it's called, but used effectively, can PULT a CAT about 3 feet vertically and 3 feet horizontally at one application!;)

I am obviously missing something here, what are you meaning? I hope you are not suggesting to hit the cats with something.

BINBOB
04-Jun-09, 17:27
I am obviously missing something here, what are you meaning? I hope you are not suggesting to hit the cats with something.

yes..i think so,margaret....:roll:

Liz
04-Jun-09, 18:15
Think they mean a Catapult!:confused

Margaret M.
04-Jun-09, 20:05
.. the cat doesn't mess in their own garden..they dig up their neighbours gardens..costing large amounts of money replacing plants that they ruin..

Surely you exaggerate? Large amounts of money to replace plants ruined by cats, what kind of plants do you have? I don't have a cat but my neighbours' cats are frequently in my garden and I have yet to find a single plant that they have ruined.

If you find them troublesome and water is the only deterrent, there are motion detector water hoses that release a short hose pressure stream of water........that would certainly be kinder than catapulting something at the cat that very well may injure it.

Shame on you, Aaldtimer!

Aaldtimer
05-Jun-09, 03:09
Surely you exaggerate? Large amounts of money to replace plants ruined by cats, what kind of plants do you have? I don't have a cat but my neighbours' cats are frequently in my garden and I have yet to find a single plant that they have ruined.

If you find them troublesome and water is the only deterrent, there are motion detector water hoses that release a short hose pressure stream of water........that would certainly be kinder than catapulting something at the cat that very well may injure it.

Shame on you, Aaldtimer!

Oh Margaret, did you no notice my wink?

Seriously though, after you've spent a lot of time double digging and preparing a piece of ground, sowing your seeds in a nice tilth with loving care, and watching your seedlings fight their way through to the Caithness air, just to see a neighbours cat crap, and then ruin your efforts it does wrankle somewhat!

The aim was behind the cat just to scare it, and let it know that it was not welcome!
It worked in most cases! :roll:

Your nice cuddly kitties, apart from house cats, are an imposition on your neighbours!
Others might not be as humane as me!
I know one who used to use an air pistol.:confused

grumpy1
09-Jun-09, 09:18
some folk have nowt better to do, than to cause trouble for other folk, fingers crossed for you it will sort itself out.

yeah i agree with balto..ive been on the recieving myself...with sspca turning up on my doorstep just because other folk feel the need to stir things up.....may i add they left on my occasion very happy that my pets are well looked after....the one thing i learnt was i need to watch my back....shame really

i hope u get sorted soon...

NLP
09-Jun-09, 10:27
I once had the police at my door about the noise my dog was making I let her have her rant (and boy did she go on) you should have seen her face when I told her I didn't own a dog.

BINBOB
09-Jun-09, 13:33
I once had the police at my door about the noise my dog was making I let her have her rant (and boy did she go on) you should have seen her face when I told her I didn't own a dog.

superb....:lol:

Kev
24-Jun-09, 08:47
Any word on your complaint?

angusk2
24-Jun-09, 12:47
I had the police at my door a few months back,they had a report that my black staffie(who is a big softie unless your another male dog or a cat) had attacked a cat and ripped its back leg off in High Ormlie were i used to stay.I told the officers that when my dog escapes from the garden that yes he runs back to the old house but that had'nt happend in at least 3weeks,i also told them that 6 staffies stay a stone throw from the scene of the crime,i then asked them what time this was supposed to have happened at and they told me at 10pm, now my staffie is black and some one managed to identify him in the dark lol.this also happened before when i stayed there and the police came to my door to see my dog about killing a cat when there was kids running around saying that they seen another staffy a brown brindle one eating this cat at its door step!!2 cases of mistaken identy so it does happen.he also used to be a regular visitor at the dog home untill i got the fence fixed.

egregory
26-Jun-09, 19:45
Will you please tell us what the complaint was about???? It would be nice to know???