PDA

View Full Version : How secure is our mail?

cuddlepop
30-May-09, 21:35
I'm in the process of renewing my enhanced discloseur check.For some strange reason my driving licence,birth certificate and letter with my address on it from a government agency(ni number on it) had to be sent away
.Its not a HC post so they have to pay someone else to do it.

I was assured it would be sent by recorded delivery,so assumed it would be returned accordingly.

First class post today all three documents in one letter.

If anybody wanted too that letter was a fraudsters dream.:mad:

changilass
30-May-09, 21:37
If you want it sent back recorded then you have to pay for it in advance, you can however go to inverness and pick up the documdents if you wish.

cuddlepop
30-May-09, 21:39
If you want it sent back recorded then you have to pay for it in advance, you can however go to inverness and pick up the documdents if you wish.

Where you not suprised it was all sent together ,I was.:confused

changilass
30-May-09, 21:41
Mine goes through internal mail so not an issue, but the one time it didn't I went to pick it up.

bekisman
30-May-09, 22:30
My new passport was delivered to an address three miles away; wrong name. wrong address, pleased that the folk who got it were honest and came around to hand it over.

starry
30-May-09, 22:40
I have always had to turn up in person with the documents.

But no I am not surprised they sent them back in one envelope, I am glad you got them ok.

sweetpea
30-May-09, 23:29
I don't know how secure it is but it's SLOW! I have to wait days for my post sometimes.

Green_not_greed
31-May-09, 09:59
My new passport was delivered to an address three miles away; wrong name. wrong address, pleased that the folk who got it were honest and came around to hand it over.

Funny you should mention that. I received a passport for a Lord Lucan some years ago. I tried to contact him to let him know but no-one knew where he was.