PDA

View Full Version : Plan My Sunday

starry
30-May-09, 18:26
Ok for one day only you orgers can be in charge.

I am going to the Black Isle tomorrow, on my own (maybe with the dog).

What should I do when I am there, where should I stop, what should I see ?

The choice is yours.

DeHaviLand
30-May-09, 18:55
Ok for one day only you orgers can be in charge.

I am going to the Black Isle tomorrow, on my own (maybe with the dog).

What should I do when I am there, where should I stop, what should I see ?

The choice is yours.

First, go see the Clootie well on the road from Tore to Munlochy. Then drive to Rosemarkie and take a walk up the Fairy Glen. Then take an hour on the beach at Rosemarkie. Finally, stop at the Station Hotel and buy me a pint. I would return the favour, but as you're driving............:)

starry
30-May-09, 19:03
Oh I went to the Clootie Well a few years ago but didn't leave anything, I will take something to leave this time.

It should be something that rots away shouldn't it ?

Would Rosemarkie be good to just sit and watch for Dophlins ?

I will be driving but not the first time I have had to leave the car and get someone to come get me :confused

DeHaviLand
30-May-09, 19:07
Oh I went to the Clootie Well a few years ago but didn't leave anything, I will take something to leave this time.

It should be something that rots away shouldn't it ?

Would Rosemarkie be good to just sit and watch for Dophlins ?

I will be driving but not the first time I have had to leave the car and get someone to come get me :confused

Fortrose for the dolphins, at Chanonry point. Forgot about them, as they've yet to make an appearance any time I've been there :(. Mind you, I've only been looking for them for 6 years! Time yet I suppose.

And yes to your first question.

starry
30-May-09, 19:10
Right that is where I will go, I bet it will be heaving if the weather is good tho :(

hardcore superstar
31-May-09, 02:33
Was on the Cromarty-Nigg ferry today (it's first day of the season) and I would recommend it for a bit of a change. Lovely views. Also, when disembarking, drive as fast as you can to see how big a splash you can make.

NB ... have now learnt, doing this on a motorbike requires waterproofs!!

starry
31-May-09, 20:29
lol hardcore

Well life got in the way and all prosponed till next weekend.

It has taken me all day to find this thread, so my chances of finding places on Black Isle are not great eh :confused

I was thinking about the ferry but get the fear when it come to getting off and on, I am also rubbish at parking and nervous about having to get the car into such a little space.
I have no idea if the space is little but from the photos it looks it.
So is it (the ferry) uncomplicated, what could go wrong ?

Apart from sinking ;)

hardcore superstar
01-Jun-09, 16:06
The ferry is small (smallest car ferry in Britain) but it was easy enough to get on and off, you just drive in a straight line. They have a turntable that rotates your vehicle around whilst on the boat so no reversing required. Very uncomplicated. Easy Peasy.

Was just thinking, you may not want to follow my advice about disembarking at full pelt as I remember doing something similar with a diesel car a couple of years ago. It did not like it and the RAC had to be called.

starry
01-Jun-09, 17:30
Oh if there is turntable I could manage that, I will drive off carefully ;)