PDA

View Full Version : Rare Sighting

Kevin Milkins
30-May-09, 16:01
Something I have not seen much of on Reiss beech is people swimming in the sea.

It is a bit breezy and cold down there just now, but there is few youngsters brave enough to strut there stuff.:eek:
Mr's M was so inspired she has been mooching around in the attic looking for her snorkling gear.:confused

I don't mind offering a bit of moral support , but if she gets into trouble it's a job for the coastgard.LOL

shazzap
30-May-09, 17:19
My daughter grandson and grand daughter were in the sea at Reiss on Friday.

mm1ii2aa3
30-May-09, 17:28
i really like to swim in the sea at reiss, but i have to learn swimming first.;)

Iffy
30-May-09, 17:36
I saw a bunch of young guys walking out in that direction when I was coming outta town earlier.

I guessed when I saw them that they were heading for a beach - either Ackergill or Reiss !!! They had their "bags" with them, I took it to be containing towels etc.

Good On Them !!!!!

Just great to see youngsters doing that on such a bonny day - rather that stuck in their bedrooms with ipods, PS.3's or just generally on their computers !

Hope you had a brilliant afternoon lads !!!!

Liz
30-May-09, 18:19
I used to spend most of the school holidays swimming at Reiss beach. It's so much nicer swimming in the salt water rather than chlorinated water. Well apart from the sewage!!!:roll:

In fact it's where I learnt to swim.:D

Margaret M.
30-May-09, 18:24

It is a bit breezy and cold down there just now, but there is few youngsters brave enough to strut there stuff.:eek:
Mr's M was so inspired she has been mooching around in the attic looking for her snorkling gear.:confused

I don't mind offering a bit of moral support , but if she gets into trouble it's a job for the coastgard.LOL

Brrrrrrr, I hope Mrs. M has an insulated wet suit as part of her snorkling gear. The coastguards would probably enjoy a wee jaunt to the beach on a lovely Saturday. If the thread was still open, I would nominate them for Outstanding Caithness Citizens. They're always ready to put themselves in harms way to help others -- can't beat that......but back to the beach. Reiss is one of the most beautiful beaches and I can't wait to get over there and pedal my way to that lovely stretch of shoreline.

Invisible
30-May-09, 23:06
I could have done with going to the beach for a swim but i would scare ppl away with my m-oobs!

wifie
30-May-09, 23:51
I could have done with going to the beach for a swim but i would scare ppl away with my m-oobs!

Oh no Humour Bhuna for you then my lad!!! [lol]

Invisible
30-May-09, 23:53
Oh no Humour Bhuna for you then my lad!!! [lol]

:eek:......................drat!

Venture
31-May-09, 00:17

Never mind Invisible you could always be an extra for Stavros Flatley.:lol:

Invisible
31-May-09, 00:19

thats the best compliment ive recieved today!:lol: thank you

wifie
31-May-09, 00:52

LOL! Thanks Venture I just looked that up on 'e choob - very funny!

Anne x
31-May-09, 01:53

It will be Baltic unless you have the wet suit or some lard or nice layer of Fat under the Skin

Kevin Milkins
31-May-09, 08:47
It will be Baltic unless you have the wet suit or some lard or nice layer of Fat under the Skin

I am not too bad in the fat department,lol but you would still not get me in the water down at Reiss. I had a little paddle last year when I took my grandaughter down there and after about 10 seconds I had that pain in my head that you get when you eat icecream too quick.:eek:

Mr's M has a wet suit, but by the time she finds it in our attic the sun will have gone.:lol: