PDA

View Full Version : Stagecoach

robbain
29-May-09, 16:25
What are you views about the new timetable for Caithness?

purplelady
29-May-09, 23:54
Am not sure bout new timetable do think the wick to inverness timetable looks a lot better. But it the fares I paid £26.35 to get from wick to inverness day return when i looked on citylink website it was normal £22 something and apex £17 something so you tell me why we have to pay more when we pay on the bus disgusting i think will not be catch out like that again x

weeksider
30-May-09, 09:19
Cheaper to go into the young lassie's :Razz in the arcade travel shop in town to book seat/s or go online to book ,than to pay more on/@ bus when leaving
Is it any quicker now the trip south to Inverness or are they doing the still Stupid stops @ town areas in ross shire

Invisible
30-May-09, 21:52
Well Bob im pleasently surprised with the new timetable, especially from latheron to wick, there seems to be ample buses running during the week and to get back is great.

im also pleased there are buses on Sunday morning late enough so i can get on the bus without a hangover lol, what are your views Bob?

Invisible (Bert, yer former collegue)

robbain
30-May-09, 23:14
Not happy about the withdrawal of the 75 and replaced with X99 - 5.38pm, this does not go down the village of Lybster, you have to get off at Portlands, quite a long walk, from top of village down to the bottom. Also there is a fare different between 75 & X99, paying more for the X99 service. Second rate service from Stagecoach

sweetpea
30-May-09, 23:18
Am not sure bout new timetable do think the wick to inverness timetable looks a lot better. But it the fares I paid £26.35 to get from wick to inverness day return when i looked on citylink website it was normal £22 something and apex £17 something so you tell me why we have to pay more when we pay on the bus disgusting i think will not be catch out like that again x

That buggs me too!! Next time I'll book in advance.;) It's the same with the train, need to book 2 weeks in advance

purplelady
31-May-09, 01:44
That buggs me too!! Next time I'll book in advance.;) It's the same with the train, need to book 2 weeks in advance
think it is something like 2or 3 days in advance form an apex ticket x

©Amethyst
31-May-09, 22:25
Sadly, those 'stupid stops' in ross shire towns mean it takes me over an hour to get home from work now. I still preferred it when the two runs were seperate. At least then you were (almost) guaranteed a bus that could actually get up berriedale braes. Was on the bus yesterday Inverness - Thurso. Could have walked up the braes faster than the bus!

Until they go back to 958's, I'm going to keep charging the company for taxi's that I have to take to and from work because the busses run far too late.

I'm just not all that happy now that many of the runs that stop at Tain don't even go through my place of residence any more.

But it was nice that the bus I got yesterday didn't take longer than 3.5 hours. It's still far more comfortable on the train but as I have links with the company (so unfortunate) I don't pay for them... so I should really be complaining that much... or should I? The link that I have with the company - well, let's just say that I'm not a fan of their management.

Although there are rumours of change with management, and that may include the time table.

The 958's in my opinion were taken out so that Stagecoach could save a few bob since the 25X was one of their most profitable routes.