PDA

View Full Version : Is A Storm Brewing?

connieb19
09-Mar-06, 19:30
My cat is going crazy here tonight, he's running about knocking things over and bounding about on the furniture. When he does this it usually means there is a storm brewing. Does any-one elses cats do this? Will he be right? :confused:

candyfloss
09-Mar-06, 19:38
Thats really strange connie' but the wind is getting up is'nt it, my two cats just lie in a corner and sleep no mather what the weathers like outside:eyes :eyes

krieve
09-Mar-06, 19:51
That is strange connie animals can usually sense things like candyfloss says the wind is picking up, so maybe there is a storm brewing .

angela5
09-Mar-06, 19:59
Maybe Tugmistress can help with this one!.. is there not more snow forecast for the weekend?....no unusual behaviour from my cats they're sound asleep..:o)

willowbankbear
09-Mar-06, 20:32
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_6v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)

ice box
09-Mar-06, 22:39
Well my dad was at the sea and the are in now coz there is some bad weather coming our way so bolt down the hatches lol

2little2late
09-Mar-06, 22:41
My cat is going crazy here tonight, he's running about knocking things over and bounding about on the furniture. When he does this it usually means there is a storm brewing. Does any-one elses cats do this? Will he be right? :confused:

Yours isn't the only cat that runs like mad when there's going to be bad weather. Our cat (my avatar) was running up and down the stairs and meeaowing this morning and now it's very windy outside.

connieb19
09-Mar-06, 22:45
Yours isn't the only cat that runs like mad when there's going to be bad weather. Our cat (my avatar) was running up and down the stairs and meeaowing this morning and now it's very windy outside.I an always rely on him to be right..it happens every time..even last night he was really hyper, it's strange how they can sense these things!!

Sianymo
09-Mar-06, 22:47
There's a Full Moon eclipse on the 14th... I've known cats and dogs to go bonkers leading up to the full moon... and humans come to think of it!!! [smirk]

connieb19
09-Mar-06, 22:50
There's a Full Moon eclipse on the 14th... I've known cats and dogs to go bonkers leading up to the full moon... and humans come to think of it!!! [smirk]:evil :evil :evil GGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and I thought it was just me and my cat that were crazy!!!!!!!!...........lol

Tugmistress
09-Mar-06, 22:52
i wouldn't say a storm for us, but it is certainly going to be a wet and wild weekend :) winds prob about 40mph ish
the snow that is being forecast i *don't think* will come up here, it is more for the north east of scotland and maybe up to inverness :) we may get a brief spell of snow overnight saturday that's my understanding of it at the moment

the animals can probably 'feel/sense' the drop in barometric pressure which is uaully a sign of impending bad weather :)

cuddlepop
09-Mar-06, 22:52
Thats where they get the word lunatic from,lunar cycle.
My dog's bonkers all the time ,doesn't need the full moon as an excuse.[lol]
Wind picking up here too ,think they've forecast more snow for the highlands!!!

bagpuss2
09-Mar-06, 23:39
Apparantly we are in for more snow at tyhe weekend!!No sure how much but thats what I heard anyway.Was the cat like this last week before the snow??

cuddlepop
11-Mar-06, 21:10
Wind picking up on Skye'its blowing a hoolie now,biting north wind ,with threating sleat .
Tugmistress anything forecast?:grin:

phoenix
11-Mar-06, 21:23
There's definitely something in the air, my hair feels as if its stood on end there's so much static around or coming our way, and theres a strange ringing noise, Iv'e been feeling like this for days ......very weird! [para] :eek: [para]

angela5
11-Mar-06, 21:35
There's definitely something in the air, my hair feels as if its stood on end there's so much static around or coming our way, and theres a strange ringing noise, Iv'e been feeling like this for days ......very weird! [para] :eek: [para]

I know what you mean about the hair phoenix[lol] no heard a ringing noise yet..

cuddlepop
11-Mar-06, 22:12
Yeh ,its like music in your ears,i get that too Pheonix,then something happens:D

Tugmistress
11-Mar-06, 22:34
Wind picking up on Skye'its blowing a hoolie now,biting north wind ,with threating sleat .
Tugmistress anything forecast?:grin:

down the western isles there is the possiblity of a force 9 or 10 tonight, but up here maybe only gusting to an 8 :) we haven't broken the 50mph wind gust yet up here but i reckon the western isles have.
anything south facing is exposed for the nest day or two

angela5
11-Mar-06, 22:50
Yeh ,its like music in your ears,i get that too Pheonix,then something happens:D

You realise someone is ringing your doorbell. Happens to me often, or it is the phone ringing.

Big G
11-Mar-06, 23:41
There's a Full Moon eclipse on the 14th... I've known cats and dogs to go bonkers leading up to the full moon... and humans come to think of it!!! [smirk]

ooo thats my birthday!! Should be fun!

phoenix
12-Mar-06, 00:18

Glad to hear Im not alone with the ringing...........maybe its mother earth singing! :) Quite often when I get it shortly after theres an earthquake, I liken it to a build up of energy and once its released the ringing quietens down. Was having a look on a Nasa site earlier on today, apparently the sun is very quiet at the minute they are predicting massive solar storms to come soon! Maybe thats what were picking up! [para]

_awayoflife_
12-Mar-06, 15:51
i get that weird ringing to its so so annoying!!! lol i thot i was goin crazy or sumthin =P *maybe i am*

cuddlepop
12-Mar-06, 16:05
Well i woke up this morning after a restless night .The wind it was a howling,the rain a lashing etc.Let the dog out,looked again and thie most bedraggled site appeared from the shed,(after the last gale door wont shut)a young golden coloured cross colie dog.
He was cold ,filthy and hungry.Feel in love with him at first site.My collie took to him so its a wait and see if someone claims him.Mug shot was taken and now a found poster has been put up in the police station.
Phoenix:lol: ,something alwas happens when i hear music!!!

connieb19
12-Mar-06, 16:12
Well i woke up this morning after a restless night .The wind it was a howling,the rain a lashing etc.Let the dog out,looked again and thie most bedraggled site appeared from the shed,(after the last gale door wont shut)a young golden coloured cross colie dog.
He was cold ,filthy and hungry.Feel in love with him at first site.My collie took to him so its a wait and see if someone claims him.Mug shot was taken and now a found poster has been put up in the police station.
Phoenix:lol: ,something alwas happens when i hear music!!!Aw, poor thing:( . Im glad you took him in cuddlepop!! Are you going to keep him if no-one wants him?

ice box
12-Mar-06, 16:20
Does any one know what the weather like in rosshire area ?

cuddlepop
12-Mar-06, 16:21
Trying really hard not to get to attached as we want to keep him.He's really taken to Mr Pop, connie's my dog so i guess he's established who's free.
When i gave him a shower this morning ,he let me without too much fuss.Think he's about 3,the collar he had on i had to cut off it was so tight.He's never been brushed as his hair is all mated,think it'll be a scissor job.
Want to name him but been told by Mr Pop not yet.
Oh Connie,the dog is cryiny out to be loved:eyes ,he doesn't even want to leave when the door's open .
Keep you posted

ice box
12-Mar-06, 16:47
Well better take the dog for a walk lolhttp://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/spicesices/doggy-rain-coat.jpg

Lucy
12-Mar-06, 16:47
How are the roads in Caithness? I'm stuck in Glenochil near Stirling. We had about a foot of snow last night (no joke) but no wind thankfully but it has blocked the village. Bear Scotland have told me that the snow gates are shut so i can't get as far as Inverness. Phoned work to let them know i won't be in tomorrow. hoping the snow clears so i can get home. Hubby is probably putting up the flags because he has another day at home without me. :(

JAWS
12-Mar-06, 23:22
How are the roads in Caithness? I'm stuck in Glenochil near Stirling. We had about a foot of snow last night (no joke) but no wind thankfully but it has blocked the village. Bear Scotland have told me that the snow gates are shut so i can't get as far as Inverness. Phoned work to let them know i won't be in tomorrow. hoping the snow clears so i can get home. Hubby is probably putting up the flags because he has another day at home without me. :(
No snow here so far, Lucy, but even by Caithness standards I think it could be described as a bit on the windy side. :)
Not sure what the Ord and further South is like, though.

Big G
12-Mar-06, 23:22

The roads are fine up here just now - no snow in Caithness - i heard its supposed to be bad Monday and Tuesday?? please correct me if i am wrong!

Tugmistress
13-Mar-06, 11:05
The roads are fine up here just now - no snow in Caithness - i heard its supposed to be bad Monday and Tuesday?? please correct me if i am wrong!

Just wind and water up here, maybe a snow flurry or two that will be gone in the blink of an eye thursday ish :D

willowbankbear
13-Mar-06, 11:15
Just wind and water up here, maybe a snow flurry or two that will be gone in the blink of an eye thursday ish :D

What was the windchill yesterday Tugmistress?

Tugmistress
13-Mar-06, 16:21
What was the windchill yesterday Tugmistress?

at it's lowest it was -8.6c but aveaged out about around -5c for most of the day.

willowbankbear
13-Mar-06, 16:34
at it's lowest it was -8.6c but aveaged out about around -5c for most of the day.

I went out the North head with my doggie this morning,it was absolutely howling. A good force 8-9 sse gale Id say.
I took a video & some pictures of the waves breaking over the rocks and of the North Baths which is full of scummy foam, A great foam party to be had here folks although a tad cold:o)
I just wish I could post them on here as I havent figured out quite how to stream them or get them on my pc yet, some of it is amazing seas-what power in those waves!