PDA

View Full Version : Immature Greens

scotsboy
09-Mar-06, 19:00
I had a wee laugh when reading the Shetland Times article on the Greens Energy policy - Dr Eleanor Scott is quoted:

Greens want a mature debate about Scotland's future energy needs, and are disappointed that pro-nuclear campaigners refuse to engage in mature debate with anyone who disagrees with them.

The crux of the greens argument appears to be to frighten the population:

- Fear of nuclear waste
- Fear of nuclear proliferation
- Fear of creating terrorist targets

She correctly states that the “problem” of nuclear waste has not yet been resolved – not in this country, but that is mainly due to political considerations and not scientific or technical ability.

The greens for me are the ones who don’t want to have a mature debate, as their proposals simply will not sustain current energy demands – never mind the increased demand from growing/emerging economies and population growth in the developing World.

JAWS
09-Mar-06, 20:05
Scotsboy, I like the "terrorist threat" argument, they are worse than the Government for playing the "Terrorist Card" to frighten the children.

Don't open a Nuclear Power Station and we'll all be safe.
Right, fine, I feel safe now. :lol: :lol:

By the way, if they want to steal some radio active material, France is 80% Nuclear for electricity production so I don't think us not going Nuclear will bother the terrorists.

If the Greens had been around two centuries ago we'd still be sitting round our peat fires and trying not to burn the croft down with our candles, if we could afford candles that is!