PDA

View Full Version : Elections

Fran
27-May-09, 23:47
The elections are only about a week away yet there seems to be no advertising, leaflets, nothing, not even a card to tell you where to go to vote. I dont think many people will bother.

Kodiak
27-May-09, 23:51
Mrs Kodiak and I have both received our Polling cards,mmmm it must have been about 10 days ago we got them.

We have also been flooded with Manefestos from nearly all the Parties who are standing.

Fortunately you do NOT need your Polling card to vote so do not worry if one is not deliverd, you will still be able to vote.

teenybash
27-May-09, 23:54
I think all the election bumf is coming to me....................:eek:

Fran
27-May-09, 23:55
They must have forgotten Wick!! I always have a postal vote, which I haven't received yet, as i usually work at the polling station. i haven't seen anything around wick at all.

concerned resident
28-May-09, 00:08
Received polling card, but no election bumf, probably saving there money, as Caithness always votes in liberal, and the Mp's all appear to have terrible memories when it comes to claiming expenses, and now there own parties are going to judge them. I think i would have more faith in the mafia, than our MP's. Have voted every election, think i will give it a miss, better things to do.

Kevin Milkins
28-May-09, 00:14
They must have forgotten Wick!! I always have a postal vote, which I haven't received yet, as i usually work at the polling station. i haven't seen anything around wick at all.

You can have mine Fran if it has not already found its way to the composter.

butterfly
28-May-09, 00:30
You can have mine too Fran! The leaflets came in the front door and i put them straight in the bin.

pinotnoir
28-May-09, 08:47
I've just sent in my postal vote, you shouldn't complain about it if you don't vote.

kmahon2001
28-May-09, 10:09
I got my postal vote papers yesterday and have already sent them in. I had no information on the smaller parties to go on. I only had leaflets from Labour, the SNP, the Lib Dems and the UKIP and those leaflets I did get were hardly informative, they were more like glib advertising flyers for a bank or a double-glazing company. No details of their policies or what they plan to do in Europe.

There were 13 parties listed on the ballot paper, including 1 independent candidate, and I had no idea what most of them were standing for.

How are we supposed to vote intelligently and according to our own political beliefs if the parties that are seeking our vote don't even contact us to let us know what they are standing for?[disgust]

As a result, I've just used my vote as a protest vote and voted for a party that I hope won't do too much damage.[lol]

pinotnoir
28-May-09, 14:30
Newspapers, TV, radio, and the internet are all useful sources of information- most political parties/movements have websites.

Shouldn't we vote for something we believe in rather than against something out of anger.

Rheghead
28-May-09, 17:36
Due to proportional representation, every vote will count in the Euro elections. So make your mark on June 4.

scorrie
28-May-09, 21:15
You can have mine Fran if it has not already found its way to the composter.

To aid with the recycling process the leaflets' contents are already compost ;)