PDA

View Full Version : Sunday School Treats!

Angel
27-May-09, 22:09
Does anyone have any ideas where one could take a group of Sunday School children (approx 10) for a treat... Age from 7 to 15.

Done the bowling/cinema thing...

Angel...

unicorn
27-May-09, 22:11
How about a nature walk to Dunnet head or a beach nature walk and a BBQ.

canuck
27-May-09, 22:14
Is there any live theatre in Caithness that would be appropriate?

Unicorn has some good ideas! They were my first thoughts too.

unicorn
27-May-09, 22:15
Fresh air, freedom and food what more can kids want :D

mrsinkstack
27-May-09, 22:15
Bettyhill swimming pool hires out the pool for private functions for around £25, Farr beach, Borgie Forest, RSPB centre at Forsinard, all in a similair area. Take my bairns quite often ;)

Kodiak
27-May-09, 22:21
Or if you can go a bit of distance, how about Landmark, all teens love that place as there is so much to see and do.

ads
27-May-09, 22:25
Trip on Isabella Fortuna from Wick; RIB @ John O' Groats and Wick or boating pond in Thurso.

Fran
27-May-09, 23:57
How about a train ride, maybe golspie or Helmsdale, have a drink and a walk then get the train home again. Kids love the train.

Anne x
28-May-09, 00:08
Gosh takes me back this thread we used to go on a coach not a bus lol to a field in Rogart have a picnic and if we were lucky saw the Wild Goats on the way home dressed in summer finery and if it rained we ended up at Rogart Hall

Margaret M.
28-May-09, 01:07
Some great suggestions already.

Gosh takes me back this thread we used to go on a coach not a bus lol to a field in Rogart have a picnic and if we were lucky saw the Wild Goats on the way home dressed in summer finery and if it rained we ended up at Rogart Hall

I used to love the school picnics. Everyone was loaded on to one or two of Dunnett's Motors and we were off to a beach or hall somewhere. We sang all the way there and back -- She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes. etc. We each got a little paper baggie with all our goodies in it for our lunch. We had all kinds of races on the beach or in a field. Some great memories.

Venture
28-May-09, 08:34
Some great suggestions already.

I used to love the school picnics. Everyone was loaded on to one or two of Dunnett's Motors and we were off to a beach or hall somewhere. We sang all the way there and back -- She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes. etc. We each got a little paper baggie with all our goodies in it for our lunch. We had all kinds of races on the beach or in a field. Some great memories.

I remember them well too Margaret especially the "baggies" and the streamers out of the bus window.;)