PDA

View Full Version : house price crash in thurso!!!

robbie_roost
27-May-09, 19:40
Just been lookin over the property web sites, looks like thurso is facing a housing price crash, compaired to houses in the other side of the county..

Loafer
27-May-09, 21:46
Don't know if you have been watching the news over the last six months........but we are in a recession and house prices are hit all over the country, Thurso AND Wick are both affected...

The Loafer

cuddlepop
27-May-09, 21:51
People are now realising that your more likely to get a house sale if you advertise your property as a fixed price.

House prices were grossely overpriced before this recession began.

Caithness prices are no different to the rest of the country.:(

achingale
28-May-09, 11:48
People will have to think seriously about dropping asking prices, whether they want to or not. The fall in price will let first time buyers get into the market. It also means people selling but wanting to buy can also benefit from the low market, grabbing themselves a bargin property. Besides, it will pick up again at some stage and we will all be back to normal, with highly inflated prices but with the added bonus of having to pay Stamp Duty again as of December.

robbie_roost
28-May-09, 12:28
my actual point was that over the past few years, recession or not, house prices in thurso and the thurso side of the county have generally been higher than those in the wick side of the county, but this has changed.....maybe thurso is feeling the troubled econimic situation more than wick is?

Loafer
28-May-09, 13:01
my actual point was that over the past few years, recession or not, house prices in thurso and the thurso side of the county have generally been higher than those in the wick side of the county, but this has changed.....maybe thurso is feeling the troubled econimic situation more than wick is?

Thurso has certainly had inflated house prices compared with Wick, but a price crash? I don't see any evidence of that. People are coming down a bit, but prices usually fluctuate during economic rundowns. I don't see how Thurso can be feeling the pinch any worse than Wick or anywhere else for that matter. As far as I'm aware, Wick has a higher unemployment rate than Thurso and it tends to be the employed that invest in housing. Let's hope that the whole county picks up again in the near future with some REAL investment in jobs rather than relying on Dounreay.

The Loafer

Tubthumper
28-May-09, 23:21
Evidence??
You need to be a bit careful with that kind of talk, it can spark panic and subsequent falls in house prices! Or maybe that's what you're aiming at. Whatever, I think you're talking rot.

sweetpea
28-May-09, 23:25
Thurso has certainly had inflated house prices compared with Wick, but a price crash? I don't see any evidence of that. People are coming down a bit, but prices usually fluctuate during economic rundowns. I don't see how Thurso can be feeling the pinch any worse than Wick or anywhere else for that matter. As far as I'm aware, Wick has a higher unemployment rate than Thurso and it tends to be the employed that invest in housing. Let's hope that the whole county picks up again in the near future with some REAL investment in jobs rather than relying on Dounreay.

The Loafer

Have to second you there! The market is slower in Wick than Thurso right now.