PDA

View Full Version : washing machine

shazzy
26-May-09, 13:22
my washing machine has decided to have a nervous breakdown,keeps clicking and humming,wont do any washes or spin,can anyone help please?:(

dandod
26-May-09, 13:27
if the drum is not going round it sounds like it could be the brushes which power the motor.my washing machine did this a couple of months ago.good news is that it is very easily fixed. i bought the brushes off ebay only cost about £8.i will forward you the details of the seller if you want.

shazzy
26-May-09, 13:39
if the drum is not going round it sounds like it could be the brushes which power the motor.my washing machine did this a couple of months ago.good news is that it is very easily fixed. i bought the brushes off ebay only cost about £8.i will forward you the details of the seller if you want.
not brushes,got feeling the programme bit is going ga-ga,feel dread looming on how much its gonna cost!!!:~(

kriklah
26-May-09, 15:35
could be the motor belt. is it filling with water then not turning? or is it filling with water atall?

shazzy
26-May-09, 20:46
all lights up to start,but then just the spin light comes on,but doesnt do anything,just keeps clicking:~(

purplelady
26-May-09, 23:45
have had that and was the pump to be honset if it is anything too serous just not worth having it done cheaper to buy new one x

sadam
27-May-09, 00:25
theres a man who comes and looks at it and will tell you what is wrong and how much it cost to sort. cant remember his name but tele number is 01847891800

poppett
27-May-09, 10:06
I would recommend Alan Cameron from Alacam in Olrig Street Thurso. He will tell you how much to repair the machine, can usually loan you a machine whilst yours is in the workshop, if it is a big job or spares have to be ordered in, but if you need a new one his prices are very reasonable.

Ashes
27-May-09, 10:38
I bet its your brushes worn out.
How olds the machine and what make is it.

Ashes

thebigman
27-May-09, 10:45
Try cleaning out the filter for starters

lazytown
27-May-09, 11:26
Try cleaning out the filter for starters

Totally agree, our washing machine in the past has had similar symptoms and the cause has been choked filters.

shazzy
27-May-09, 11:27
I bet its your brushes worn out.
How olds the machine and what make is it.

Ashes

bout 3 years old,beko make

_Ju_
27-May-09, 14:56
bout 3 years old,beko make

I had a Beko that went like yours. The computer/program bit had to be replaced. Just the part was £60. Might not be worth fixing, but before you decide, try a technician.

shazzy
27-May-09, 18:20
thanks,will do