PDA

View Full Version : Printer problem

poppett
26-May-09, 09:47
My Lexmark X2350 is not taking the paper in correctly to print. It is snatching it to one side then crumpling it up.......Help please!!

Have checked there is nothing else jammed and the drive seems to be working ok and no dust about the unit. All leads connected properly. It is making the effort, just can`t get the paper to line up either individual sheets or a bundle.

Bobinovich
26-May-09, 11:43
I've had similar experiences with Epson printers which feed the same way (i.e. gravity feed angled at the back) and the majority of them are something jamming the paper path - previously I've had a penny, a torn bit of paper and a paperclip!

With the penny & the paperclip the units needed to be 'encouraged' to give up their secrets, while with the torn paper a sheet of stiff card fed through was enough to dislodge it.

poppett
26-May-09, 13:09
Will give the thin card a try. Have already had the hoover attachment along the back in case there was any dust gathered inside. Thanks for the suggestions.

poppett
26-May-09, 22:26
The blockage was a cigarette paper very crumpled but recongnised by the sticky bit on it ........... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. The thin card did indeed push it out but jammed the ink cartridge solid and it went into meltdown. Argos to the rescue and now have an all singing, all dancing X3650 all set up thanks to Moonboots who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his supper went cold as a result.

Moonboots
27-May-09, 13:02
I still ate it tho lol