PDA

View Full Version : why do cats go missing?

Fran
09-Mar-06, 01:32
there seem to be a lot of cats missing just now, where do they go and why do they go. both my near neighbours have lost their cats which are both very fluffy tabbies and no one has seen them since but we all keep looking.

pedromcgrory
09-Mar-06, 01:46
there seem to be a lot of cats missing just now, where do they go and why do they go. both my near neighbours have lost their cats which are both very fluffy tabbies and no one has seen them since but we all keep looking.
maybe a cats club or something more intresting for them ,lol only joking but thats a question we really cant answer i guess

skaterboy
09-Mar-06, 08:22
Cats go missing to give you lot someting else to talk about rather than you all slagging off other forum members posts!!!

landmarker
09-Mar-06, 19:45
Cats are not owned by people. They are independent free spirits. I can take them or leave them. They poop in my garden on a regular basis and their urine stinks to high heaven. I have owned cats and even been fond of them. When our 'Mickey' was put down after sixteen years he died in my arms and I cried a bit. The opposite sex or just natural wander lust will cause them to go walk about. They can fall prey to predators of course. Cats are not diffident creatures, by and large they are haughty and arrogant.

I doubt we'd have another but I hope you find yours.

JAWS
09-Mar-06, 19:50
Cats go missing to give you lot someting else to talk about rather than you all slagging off other forum members posts!!!
Thank for the information skaterboy. Now we know who makes cats go missing!

skaterboy
10-Mar-06, 09:07
Glad to be of assistance jaws.

Tugmistress
10-Mar-06, 11:56
i think landmarker has just about hit the nail on the head, cats get wander lust. I have 3 and one regularly goes walkabout for a few days at a time, i used to worry but don't now as she always comes home when hungry and boy do you know she is home with the meowing lol. i think she wanders off for some feline company different to our other two for a change as she will then stay home for a week or so before wandering off again. expecting her home tonight going on past track record with this one ;) (and yes she has been done so she isn't tarting it off somewhere ;) )

2little2late
10-Mar-06, 19:05
I'll bet there's somewhere in Caithness where all the cats gather to meet. I can imagine them all just like the cartoon Top Cat.

"Officer Dibble, send the cats home now, they're owners are missing them!"

Saveman
10-Mar-06, 19:38
Sometimes they wander into neighbours open garage or shed doors and can be locked inside....it's more common than you may think.

krieve
10-Mar-06, 21:57
why else they want there 15 minutes of fame on caithness .org lol just joking

Shadow
10-Mar-06, 22:03
I reckon they wanted to go point and laugh at the cruisers at the lorry park tonight[lol]

Ok, not so funny. I'm sorry[para]