PDA

View Full Version : Trawler restaurant, Golspie.

2little2late
09-Mar-06, 00:50
Whenever we are travelling back from Inverness we always buy a supper from The Trawler Restaurant in Golspie. One of the best chippies around.

krieve
09-Mar-06, 10:24
I have got to agree we usually stop for a supper there as well yum it has always been great food when we have stopped .

motopitcrew
09-Mar-06, 10:47
I alwase stoped at the trawler and it is usualy good but it can be hit &miss
depends on who is working the friers. However one night i forgot to stop so iwent to helemsdale and found this brilliant chippy across the road from la mirage this is now my regular stop

connieb19
09-Mar-06, 19:44
depends on who is working the friers. However one night i forgot to stop so iwent to helemsdale and found this brilliant chippy across the road from la mirage this is now my regular stopI think the chippie in Helemsdale is brilliant too...at one point, before all the dieting, I would even go a run to Helemsdale just for the chippie!! :grin:

pedromcgrory
10-Mar-06, 03:22
I think the chippie in Helemsdale is brilliant too...at one point, before all the dieting, I would even go a run to Helemsdale just for the chippie!! :grin:
wed love to see that maybe we could make it a sponcered event i for 1 would pay money to see it

connieb19
10-Mar-06, 19:15
wed love to see that maybe we could make it a sponcered event i for 1 would pay money to see itLOL Pedro..I meant a run in the car, you didn't seriously think I meant i'd be running..lol[lol] [lol] Especially to a chippie!!

http://www.alexander-gallery.co.uk/artists/works_art/Joggers%20on%20the%20Hoe.jpg

Billy Boy
21-Mar-06, 22:32
depends on who is working the friers. However one night i forgot to stop so iwent to helemsdale and found this brilliant chippy across the road from la mirage this is now my regular stop

I stopped at the trawler tonight & (it was definatley a miss) the food was absolutley awful had a fish supper the fish was tasteless, the batter was soggy and i reckon the rolls were about 3 days old.the chips werent that great either, dont think i would take the chance on it again :cry:

emszxr
21-Mar-06, 22:48
try the golden fry in brora. the owner does all the cooking.