PDA

View Full Version : Dream job

ShelleyCowie
24-May-09, 23:02
Dont want to take the other thread off topic.

So what was everybodys dream jobs and are you doing it now?

I really would have loved to have been a midwife. :) But for now im a full time mum.

focus
24-May-09, 23:08
Shelley, you're only a young pup and have your whole life ahead of you
something involving kids, animals or computers would be ideal

i'm wondering what your 2k post will be .... make it memorable ;)

starry
24-May-09, 23:11
I would have liked to have worked in law, Human Rights.

or

Lottery winner.

balto
24-May-09, 23:13
i always wanted to join the police or the RAF as a dog handler, mind i sat the exams and passed but gave it up for a obstacle that was in my life at the time, regret not following my dreams everyday.

Rheghead
24-May-09, 23:23
I have already been offered a post which I consider to be my dream job. Do I take it or no? I will be advising Government on environmental matters on a quango body.:D

sweetpea
24-May-09, 23:28
I've had my fill of quangos. My dream would be to run a centre for young people with mental ill health or a rehab for people with addictions. Failing that an animal sanctuary, or a mix of the two.

balto
24-May-09, 23:30
I've had my fill of quangos. My dream would be to run a centre for young people with mental ill health or a rehab for people with addictions. Failing that an animal sanctuary, or a mix of the two.
here can give you 4 young people and a animal sanctury if you want, got 17 pets lol.

grumpy1
24-May-09, 23:35
if i really had to choose my dream job would be being mum to my gorgeous babies....despite the stresses they bring with them..they always make it worth it....

Invisible
24-May-09, 23:43
football management or working in advertising/marketing

joxville
24-May-09, 23:59
I'd like to have been a singer, however those who have heard me at karaoke will testify I wasn't blessed with a singing voice.

kitty
24-May-09, 23:59
I'd like to be a CSI. Everything about seems interesting and worthwhile and every day would be different. Not rightly sure i'm clever enough for it all though :)

kitty kat
25-May-09, 00:04
I'd like to be a CSI. Everything about seems interesting and worthwhile and every day would be different. Not rightly sure i'm clever enough for it all though :)

awww dont be modest kitty :)

kitty
25-May-09, 00:07
awww dont be modest kitty :)

what doees modest mean??? :confused lol

what would be your dream job kitty kat???

golach
25-May-09, 00:07
I have my dream job, a Tour guide on the City of Edinburgh buses, sitting on my bum on an open top bus in the sun, telling stories, and getting paid for it, and I have a very special Groupie, she comes from Canada and each year, comes on all my tours, at least once each year. What more could I want.

Thumper
25-May-09, 10:27
I am lucky enough to have my dream job too-although it is voluntary!x

cazmanian_minx
25-May-09, 12:53
I still don't know what my dream job is :-( But I'm only 33 so it's not too late for me to find it! Any suggestions? Must involve working for myself, not too much contact with other people and lots of money!!

(Currently a self-employed bead seller and sell the occasional short story to women's mags.)

Hibeechick
25-May-09, 13:18
I have mine. Always said I wanted to have my own shop and I did it 4 years ahead of the schedule i'd set myself :D

kitty kat
25-May-09, 13:29
what doees modest mean??? :confused lol

what would be your dream job kitty kat???

vin diesels bodyguard [lol]

Gizmo
25-May-09, 14:23
I'd like to be a pair of Tea Leoni's knickers...i wouldn't even want paying :p

DM07
25-May-09, 14:49
I have mine also, very lucky person

Sage
25-May-09, 15:19
Im with you Cazmanian...I havent a clue. But Im a wee bit older.

At the moment my dream job is to be an astrologer (I know....start firing away! :D) ...so I may well just for out for the first course from a very reputable astrology school.

My other dream job that was practical was to be a genealogist...but that's what I'm doing at the moment :lol: Fabulously interesting but you cant make a living from it anymore

Bobinovich
25-May-09, 18:28
Like Hibee I feel I'm lucky enough to be in my perfect job - in IT & Design!

On the PC repair & maintenance side I get to meet lots of interesting people (including many Orgers), see much of the beautiful scenery Caithness & Sutherland has to offer, drink copious amounts of tea & coffee, and get a real sense of satisfaction when you leave a customer happy 'cos their system is behaving itself again.

On the design & printing side I can let my creative flair loose - it's fun but hard work meeting deadlines, but worth it seeing clients faces light up when they get the finished article.

Finally because it gives me the flexibility to spend quality time with my kids before they grow up and no longer want/need me around as much :lol:

Gene Hunt
25-May-09, 18:54
I really wanted to be a Pilot, I was just not skilled enough to be a professional one but luckily I get my fix through Gliding. I dont think there is a single day at work when I dont feel jealous of the Pilots I speak to. I really wanted to be a Fighter Pilot as a kid, even now when I see the RAF jets low flying through Cad West or Bwlch when I am Hillwalking I still feel a bit jealous.

That said I love my job now. I think I am really lucky to still get a kick out of it after all these years.

Miss Mack
25-May-09, 19:03
I'd love to be a Ferrari test driver!:cool:

Vistravi
25-May-09, 20:01
My dream is to have my own nursery and to be owner and manager.
I'd call it wee monkeys and already know what sign i'd have for it. I want to have this by the time i'm 30 so only got 9 years to go to get enough experience and knowledge to be up to the task :)

Fluff
26-May-09, 17:47
Be in the British Navy. Sadly I don't think I am allowed in due to medical reasons. I have one more try left lol!

Miss Mack
26-May-09, 18:56
My dream is to have my own nursery and to be owner and manager.
I'd call it wee monkeys and already know what sign i'd have for it. I want to have this by the time i'm 30 so only got 9 years to go to get enough experience and knowledge to be up to the task :)
ONLY 9 years till your 30, your making me feel old:roll:.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-May-09, 19:40
20 years at my job,so I must have found it!!!

My DREAM job,cabbage,tatties,brussell sprouts,curry,Builders Breakfast Walkers Crisps,a full Scottish Breakfast,an Apple Crumble,a small portion of onion rings,3 or 4 pickled onions.....yep that wid be my dream JOB.[lol][lol]