PDA

View Full Version : A quick query

Tighsonas4
24-May-09, 12:53
just wondering has anyone tried a holiday on a house boat on the norfolk broads thanks tony

Tugmistress
24-May-09, 13:26
I've not done it on a house boat in the broads, but i did twice do it on a cabin cruiser on the caley canal, it was a brilliant relaxing holiday and one i will repeat again :)

NLP
24-May-09, 14:10
I did many many years ago it was great

golach
24-May-09, 14:11
Been on a cruiser, for a week I loved it, Mrs G said I kept shouting at her, my excuse, I was belaying (not bellowing) orders in a Naval fashion.
Some prior knowledge of small boat handling would be an advantage, but you do get training. Next time we would go with company.

Tighsonas4
24-May-09, 17:03
I've not done it on a house boat in the broads, but i did twice do it on a cabin cruiser on the caley canal, it was a brilliant relaxing holiday and one i will repeat again :)
hope it will be soon tuggs where better to make a recovery x [lol] tony

Tighsonas4
24-May-09, 17:05
Been on a cruiser, for a week I loved it, Mrs G said I kept shouting at her, my excuse, I was belaying (not bellowing) orders in a Naval fashion.
Some prior knowledge of small boat handling would be an advantage, but you do get training. Next time we would go with company.
what should i say then g[fully qualified] tony [lol]

beth210486
24-May-09, 21:34
I used to go there when i was little and we would get a boat out for a day, it was great fun would love to get one for a week.

shazzap
24-May-09, 21:42
My last 2 homes have been boats and it is an experience you want to try.

Anji
25-May-09, 11:07
I had two holidays on houseboats on the Norfolk Broads when my kids were small, and we all had a great time. Everyday life slows down and you start to feel really laid back. I remember that at the end of the holiday we had to drive through Norwich on the way home and everything seemed very fast and noisy, after the peaceful week we'd had.